• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

It would honestly be hard to concoct a scenario where a sitting president would have less leverage over a member of Congress than Biden does over Manchin. You don't have to like it but that's just the reality of the situation.

Yeah - planned obsolescence *and* learned helplessness. It’s honestly impressive.

You don't have to like it but that's just the reality of the situation.
-Biden '24

When you lose you lose, and when you win you lose. To think that millions of Americans stake their identities and psyche in such a worthless project.

One thing I'm sure of is that Bernie would have no problem turning SineManch if he were President. It would be a piece of cake. Obvs.

He's getting the most progressive legislation that was conceivable out of the 2020 election passed. If more democrats had won senate seats then we would have been able to get more passed.

He's getting the most progressive legislation that was conceivable out of the 2020 election passed. If more democrats had won senate seats then we would have been able to get more passed.

legislation? maybe, though he did manage much more progressive legislation the first time around than this clusterfuck

but i think it's inarguable he has more power as an executive to affect student loan debt or community college prices, and that the party allows the parliamentarian to be the scapegoat for what they can't accomplish as a group

Question.

Are there any single pieces of legislation in the BBB proposal that have enough public support and congressional interest to be passed on their own? Infrastructure was obvious. Anything else?

Question.

Are there any single pieces of legislation in the BBB proposal that have enough public support and congressional interest to be passed on their own? Infrastructure was obvious. Anything else?

lol

No I'm not. However stomping your feet holding your breath and getting really really mad and pretending like if Biden did the same thing it would magically change reality is not a realistic assessment. Hero worshipping LBJ from the 1960s isnt either.

[he stomps and shouts into the void that is the OGB message board]

like i'm sure policymaking in an era of economic depression and institutionalized racial segregation was a tough political pull, but idk I guess hoping that politicians would rise to the occasion in those eras wouldn't been popular ideas on the OGBoards of those days either

some of y'all have expectations so fucking low/non-existent that it's almost nihilistic

Bernie hasn't kneecapped Joe Manchin so clearly he doesn't want it bad enough

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: You're a wizard, Biff

some of y'all have expectations so fucking low/non-existent that it's almost nihilistic

House Democrats are passing Progressive bills despite a pretty narrow margin. Senate Democrats have no margin. In a 50/50 Senate, one or two senators have all the power. That’s what we have here. Given the situation, things have improved significantly. None of the progressive advances we are talking about now were on the table in 2009 with 60 Dem senators.

Back