• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Sorry to spoil yet another Tunnels urban legend but the Hillary pic was not lifted from Ben Shapiro's twitter feed.

Feel free to carry on, ye seekers of truth and facts.

Sorry to spoil yet another Tunnels urban legend but the Hillary pic was not lifted from Ben Shapiro's twitter feed.

Feel free to carry on, ye seekers of truth and facts.

ok so then answer my original question, did you just have that handy or have to go searching for a 5-year old tweet. how would anyone even know it's Hillary's birthday?

ok so then answer my original question, did you just have that handy or have to go searching for a 5-year old tweet.

None of the above. It was posted (re-tweeted?) yesterday by a rando twitter user. So I thought my e-friends on the Tunnels would enjoy. Check.

how would anyone even know it's Hillary's birthday?

chrisL68 weeps

None of the above. It was posted (re-tweeted?) yesterday by a rando twitter user. So I thought my e-friends on the Tunnels would enjoy. Check.

chrisL68 weeps
It sucks that she didn't win the presidency over a corrupt carnival barker like trump, But this country is full of idiots and racists....like well... you.

But on a personal level you're obsession with a losing presidential candidate from 2 elections ago is unhealthy.

Last edited:

So, the point still stands that it wasn't your brilliant and high-larious idea.

It’s getting to the point where if something passes, there will be more discussion about what’s not in it rather than what is in it. That’s a consequence of putting so much pressure on passing something rather than any particular mission or plan. That pressure has given Sinema and Manchin a ton of leverage. One of the main things that sucks about politics in any form is that people who give a shit have to accommodate people who don’t.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Brad wishes Hillary a Happy Birthday.

Is this still 70% of something, as opposed to 100% of nothing?

The reason that these “80% of something is better than nothing!” rebuttals ring so hollow and ridiculous is because the liberals who make those arguments don’t actually care about that calculation, they are just humoring you.

It’s a polar difference in political mindset - political partisans think of political participation and affiliation as a self responsibility. They owe the country their vote, and they choose a party based on who they identify with the most. This is opposed to the non-partisan mindset of a person who believes that politicians and parties must *earn* their vote. They believe in political participation as a means to a end.

This difference in mindset explains how political partisans don’t comprehend or calculate the political cost of an election. They don’t comprehend or agree that a broken promise has negative value for the next election, because they believe that votes are baked in, and progress is just a bonus. Partisans don’t believe that political outcomes are determined by past results, nor do they agree that they should be. This is why the “something better than nothing” argument has no belief behind it, because partisans don’t consider *what* that something is, or how much it is.

Last edited:
You are right! Lets go kneecap Joe Manchin then he will vote for the package in full. I am so glad i have seen the light!

This is bipartisan compromise, unfortunately it’s between the factions of the Democrat coalition.

Why do the GOP senators even show up in DC? Why do they even exist?

Is this still 70% of something, as opposed to 100% of nothing?

0% of 100 is better than 100% of 0! At least the Democrats can say they tried? Like they really squinted at it, but after giving extra money to the military, how could they possibly afford this?

Back