• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Winning the climate change debate is and has never been about more convincing arguments, education, better data, better models, it has always been about money and power. We need more money and power.

Probably not an either/or. Maybe a both/and.

The same goddamn discussion every time. Democrats are a coalition of moderates and progressives with different ideas. Constant conflict. Republicans are a minority bloc unified and hardened by their shared understanding that any break in their ranks = zero power and their shared desire to do nothing.

What do you hope to accomplish by rehashing this shit every time a thing happens w/r/t an agenda item
It's a message board so not really trying to accomplish anything. Just giving my opinion that the constituencies that allow the republicans to maintain power don't seem very receptive to the progressive political message in regards to winning elections. I think my explanation is pretty accurate as to how these people view things but opinions can vary

We have decades of evidence that good convincing arguments and data on climate change will not over come wealthy entrench interests buying up votes in Congress.

...and running successful misinformation campaigns.

In case you haven't figured it out I would consider myself an urban elite.

It's a message board so not really trying to accomplish anything. Just giving my opinion…

Brother, we *got* your opinion, loud and clear. There’s no need for you to walk it back. I’ve told you all along that your concern trolling “speaking on behalf of conservative swing voters* schtick was unconvincing. No need to put the mask back on.

The same goddamn discussion every time. Democrats are a coalition of moderates and progressives with different ideas. Constant conflict. Republicans are a minority bloc unified and hardened by their shared understanding that any break in their ranks = zero power and their shared desire to do nothing.

Yep. And it’s not unique to US politics in this particular time. It’s a story as old as time. Many many books, myths, fables, religions, comic books, movies, etc are about a rag tag group of flawed people learning to work together to overcome some looming evil. We know these stories are born from human experiences but we act shocked and dismayed when young activists can’t convince establishment leaders and mainstream media that Voldemort hasn’t been defeated and his death eaters are amassing power.

perhaps the stories about rag tag groups combining to win is such a popular trope is because it happens so rarely in real life

Brother, we *got* your opinion, loud and clear. There’s no need for you to walk it back. I’ve told you all along that your concern trolling “speaking on behalf of conservative swing voters* schtick was unconvincing. No need to put the mask back on.
If that was really the case i could just vote GOP.

If you can, imagine a world where Voldemort was extremely racist, and Harry Potter was ya know, also racist but much quieter and subtle about it, and the world was controlled by death eaters whether or not Voldemort defeated Harry Potter, which he did every 4-8 years, also Voldemort never died, when he lost he just sort of hung out and controlled Harry Potter’s narrative AND THE MUGGLE WORLD HUNG IN THE BALANCE

Who are the muggles in this scenario? Disengaged people who don't vote?

wizards are a bunch of assholes for having magic but letting muggles struggle through a mundane existence

wizards are a bunch of assholes for having magic but letting muggles struggle through a mundane existence

Is magic elite higher education in this metaphor?

Back