• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

maxresdefault.jpg

More of the same, probably, just repackaged with a more palatable personality. Clinton and Obama were virtually identical in every way except for demeanor. Booker and Castro are perfect examples of establishment Democrats that are more electable.

More of the same, probably, just repackaged with a more palatable personality. Clinton and Obama were virtually identical in every way except for demeanor. Booker and Castro are perfect examples of establishment Democrats that are more electable.

The qualifier being the "1st" of something, right? Or at least not a regular white dude.

Maybe policy wise but Obama had zero scandals... Much more personable...

Who would you like to see? I think Harris and Gillibrand have a shot too. Warren is probably too old. I also don't think she wants it. She seems to like the moral gadfly role.

I'm all in on the Booker train right now

Maybe a little early

Who would you like to see? I think Harris and Gillibrand have a shot too. Warren is probably too old. I also don't think she wants it. She seems to like the moral gadfly role.

Realistically, I'd like to see a Sanders-type with a little more multicultural appeal and a good bit younger. I don't know that that exists, but that's the idea. The problem is that the Democrat roster is made up of establishment people for obvious reasons.

Exactly. We elect on personality now.
Dude... Obama also does not have a long history of scandals and potential corruption. That is a bigger deal than personality imo. If Hillary didn't have all the email, Bill, history if self-serving flip flopping, etc. baggage she probably beats Obama in 2008.

I think Mark Warner will be in the conversation as the moderate establishment candidate.

Gillibrand seems cool. I like Harris too.

I thought I remember Booker having baggage of some sort from his mayoral days.

Booker is just as cozy with Wall Street as Hillary, maybe even more so.

He's single and some ppl think he might be gay

What the Dems need is someone out of the midwest on the ticket. Maybe Booker/Duckworth would be better than Gillibrand.

Back