• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

You are an intellectual weakling with a gaped-out memory hole.

Why don’t you move your lazy ass and see if you can find some YouTube’s with Lady Clinton all up the Ass of Vlad and his “inner circle”

Progressives are puerile suck-asses who are just too GD lazy to be bothered with pesky things like facts

Lectro,
Your posts are little more than intellectual name calling with no substance. If you wish to be taken seriously you need to back up your statements with referreed facts rather than name calling and cherry picking facts. Further, most of your posts could just be altered by a few words and it would reflect back to the Republican Party. This is not the sports board but a place for reasonable conversation.

Cuomo scrambles to stamp out Cynthia Nixon revolt

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is determined not to become the latest casualty of the progressive uprising of 2018 on Thursday — that’s why he’s spending feverishly in his primary campaign against Cynthia Nixon, trying to juice turnout through direct mail and touting infrastructure projects across the state.

But both camps remained on edge in the waning hours of the New York Democratic primary, as the volatility of this year‘s primary cycle hung over deep blue New York and the governor took sharp criticism for his campaign tactics after the state party machinery that he controls sent out a flier accusing Nixon of anti-Semitism — a move that appeared aimed at bringing some Jewish voters out to the polls.

Cuomo is burning through the nearly $40 million in cash he’s raised. In recent weeks, he’s blanketed MSNBC and ESPN with ads, spending $8.5 million in three weeks, over half of it on television ads featuring former vice president Joe Biden and touting his track record on women’s rights. At this point, Cuomo is on track to spend $20 million more on this race than he did in 2014, when he barely acknowledged the existence of his challenger, Teachout, and won the primary race handily, with $25 million left in his bank account.

I remember reading about Cuomo's $40MM+ war chest in connection to his presidential ambitions. Now he's spending it all on TV ads and mailers.

I really admire Cynthia Nixons balls to run against Boss Tweed Cuomo, but I really hope this upcoming massive defeat doesnt push her out of politics.

I'm sure she knew what she was getting herself into. Beating Cuomo was always going to be next to impossible, but we owe her a debt of gratitude for likely ending his presidential hopes.

And she helped put a spotlight on the IDC, hopefully some of their challengers will win on Thursday.

Ahead of the Primary, Cuomo Administration Offered Sweeteners to Get New Bridge Open

The administration of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo offered the contractor building the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge enticements to meet a late August deadline to open, including the possibility of absorbing extra costs and reducing their responsibility for potential traffic accidents, according to an internal document obtained by The New York Times.

I'm sure she knew what she was getting herself into. Beating Cuomo was always going to be next to impossible, but we owe her a debt of gratitude for likely ending his presidential hopes.

And she helped put a spotlight on the IDC, hopefully some of their challengers will win on Thursday.

Ahead of the Primary, Cuomo Administration Offered Sweeteners to Get New Bridge Open

Agreed, I think Nixon has done more to uncover some of the massive issues in state-level Democratic politics than she possibly could have hoped. Running for governor was always shooting the moon, but worth it overall I think.

He Led a Group of Disloyal New York Democrats. Will It Cost Him His Seat?

The money has allowed Mr. Klein to air television ads and carpet the 34th Senate District, which covers parts of the Bronx and Westchester County, with mailers. Two of them suggested that former President Barack Obama and Mr. Cuomo had endorsed his candidacy; neither has done so.

One ad features a photo of Mr. Obama with a quote about the importance of facts and truth. The other has a large picture of Mr. Klein smiling broadly with Mr. Cuomo, along with a quote from a 2014 article in The New York Times in which the governor praised the senator at a campaign rally, saying: “We’re going to keep this state moving forward, and Jeff Klein is going to be a leader who is going to make that possible.”

More on the IDC:

How 3 Little Letters (I.D.C.) Are Riling Up New York Progressives

Along the lines about how much Cuomo is spending, it seems the Dems spending that kind of money here in OC. I can now empathize more completely with those of you in presidential swing states. I must get at least 10-15 calls per day about the election. fake polls, etc. It's really annoying.

The least they could do is to get ScarJo to do some of the calls like she did in 12/16. Hey, a robo call could lead to :)

Not a single No vote from Dems.

When you have no control of the House, the Senate or the Presidency, in part because of 3rd party and take my ball and go home voters, you take your medicine and you take your victories where you can find them. Would a shutdown be better? Maybe?

Even as congressional leaders of both parties praised Tuesday’s vote, some conservatives lamented the outcome. Numerous conservative priorities were left out of the labor, health and education spending bill, because Senate Democrats have effective veto power over spending bills that require 60 votes in the Senate.

The conservative priorities discarded in the final deal included provisions to block funding for Planned Parenthood, block funding to administer the Affordable Care Act and block funding for fetal tissue research.

“Congress’s annual spending bills will contain no new reforms protecting unborn children or getting federal taxpayers out of the abortion business,” said Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), who was among the senators voting no.

The legislation also includes language sought by Democrats to address the issue of family separations at the border, including a provision directing the HHS secretary to submit a family reunification plan to Congress.

Also included in the package approved Tuesday is a short-term reauthorization, until Dec. 7, of the Violence Against Women Act. Democrats have sought a longer-term reauthorization.

I think that over these last 2 weeks Democrats have notched a couple more rungs..

5 Rungs Lower than Whale Shit

Back