• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Definitively calling someone a rapist undeservedly isn’t cool AND all allegations should be received seriously and not dismissed.

But, I think it is worse to call a rape victim a liar than to call someone a rapist (neither are good). The former compounds a lot of trauma.

Good post.

Calling someone a rapist implies that they should be in prison. Our legal system considers it a very serious felony. And obviously a complete moral failing.

Our legal system does not take rape very seriously:
95c3cd232404ebabebfe3e99f7a0f042.jpg

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: debacle 69% of the time, every time

One anecdotal example that caused a national outrage doesn't indicate the the legal system doesn't take rape seriously.

Hold up. You are arguing our legal system takes rape seriously. Based on what?

Brock is just one example of many obvious cases in which rape wasn’t taken seriously.

One anecdotal example that caused a national outrage doesn't indicate the the legal system doesn't take rape seriously.

How many anecdotes do I need to post, because there are a fuck ton? This dude was literally caught in the act of raping a passed out woman up against a dumpster and he only got 6 months in jail. America's treatment of sexual assault is fucked up all around.

In the case of Biden, I sincerely don't think there is enough evidence to say one way or another. Nothing presented so far rises to the level of warranting throwing out Reade's accusations and nothing has been presented as definitive proof that Biden did anything beyond his usually creepy handsy harassment shit. I don't understand how anyone can conclude anything yet and we probably never will.

Dude there was a well-known senator who left a girl to die in a car because he was drunk and he got re-elected for the next 40 years.

And you think American cares about rape? LOL.

How many anecdotes do I need to post, because there are a fuck ton? This dude was literally caught in the act of raping a passed out woman up against a dumpster and he only got 6 months in jail. America's treatment of sexual assault is fucked up all around.

In the case of Biden, I sincerely don't think there is enough evidence to say one way or another. Nothing presented so far rises to the level of warranting throwing out Reade's accusations and nothing has been presented as definitive proof that Biden did anything beyond his usually creepy handsy harassment shit. I don't understand how anyone can conclude anything yet and we probably never will.

Yes, there are other anecdotes as well of rich and powerful people getting under sentenced for this as well as other crimes. At the same time Weinstein and Cosby both sit in jail cells under significant sentences. Overall though, the US legal puts people in prison who are convicted of rape every day.

What you can conclude about Reade is it is hard to assign much credibility to anything she has said.

Last edited:
Yes, there are other anecdotes as well of rich and powerful people getting under sentenced. At the same time Weinstein and Cosby both sit in jail cells under significant sentences.

What you can conclude about Reade is it is hard to assign much credibility to anything she has said.

“Yes there are anecdotes, but here are my anecdotes from within the last few months when our society finally kind of started caring about rape.”

C’mon. It’s not about anecdotes at all. It’s about the backlogs of rape kits. It’s about how he said/she said always works in favor of power. Even take the two cases you mentioned. Weinstein and Cosby got away with rape for decades until their victims gained enough collective power to take them on.

Yes, there are other anecdotes as well of rich and powerful people getting under sentenced for this as well as other crimes. At the same time Weinstein and Cosby both sit in jail cells under significant sentences. Overall though, the US legal puts people in prison who are convicted of rape every day.

Yes, Cosby and Weinstein are perfect examples of how seriously America takes rape. Two men that raped dozens of times before going to jail in their 70’s.

Yes, Cosby and Weinstein are perfect examples of how seriously America takes rape. Two men that raped dozens of times before going to jail in their 70’s.

Well, we are talking about right now, not about 20 years ago.

Being called a rapist is a very serious charge at least for the half of the country that is Democrat voting. I consider it a very serious accusation.

Last edited:
Dude there was a well-known senator who left a girl to die in a car because he was drunk and he got re-elected for the next 40 years.

Also celebrated as the "Lion of Senate" and mounted a primary challenge against a sitting Dem president less than 12 years after Chappaquiddick.

But to be fair, personal responsibility has never been a popular plank in the Dem platform.

Also celebrated as the "Lion of Senate" and mounted a primary challenge against a sitting Dem president less than 12 years after Chappaquiddick.

But to be fair, personal responsibility has never been a popular plank in the Dem platform.

To be fair, GOP members have no place in a conversation about whether or not society treats rape with sufficient seriousness. Y’all elected a probable serial rapist to the oval who then put a regular Brock Turner on the Supreme Court, so you can fuck right off, Eddie.

Well, we are talking about right now, not about 20 years ago.

Being called a rapist is a very serious charge at least for the half of the country that is Democrat voting. I consider it a very serious accusation.

It's almost like you are saying the accusation is more serious than the act, that's probably not what you intended but that's one way to read your post.

Here we are with an accusation against the Democratic nominee in 2020 and you are trying to discredit the accuser for acting perfectly within the norm for a traumatized survivor of sexual violence. Almost 40 years after Cosby raped his first victim! I am not sure when Cosby was first accused though.

Really? Al Franken resigned under circumstances that are less than what trump admitted to on tape. Katie Hill had a salacious, consensual affair and resigned. Jim Jordan is accused by multiple men of looking the other way during their repeated sexual assaults and he... hmm... he did nothing.

Facebook stalk any sombrero coeds lately? Personal responsibility indeed.

It's almost like you are saying the accusation is more serious than the act, that's probably not what you intended but that's one way to read your post.

Here we are with an accusation against the Democratic nominee in 2020 and you are trying to discredit the accuser for acting perfectly within the norm for a traumatized survivor of sexual violence. Almost 40 years after Cosby raped his first victim! I am not sure when Cosby was first accused though.
Her actions are not perfectly within the norm of traumatized sexual assault victims. There is a ridiculous attempt to shoehorn her actions into that narrative.

Her actions are not perfectly within the norm of traumatized sexual assault victims. There is a ridiculous attempt to shoehorn her actions into that narrative.

I disagree. I've seen no reasonable rejection of her story. people just keep repeating that it took her so long to come out with it and it's changed, both of which regularly happen with rape victims. Dismissing her story on those grounds is not reasonable, but I hope some one can come up with something. If you've got other, reasonab;e grounds to question her credibility, please share (if you already have, my bad, I've been only skimming the boards for a couple weeks for various reasons).

It's not all like Cosby. First of all, there were dozens of accusations that never saw the light of day about Cosby and Weinstein. After coming forward, Cosby's (and Trump's) accusers kept their stories straight. They didn't change every time they were interviewed.

I'm not talking about misrembering something from a month ago or twenty years ago. Reade planned dropping her story. She knew she'd be asked questions. Each time she was asked, she changed something. She orchestrated her own story and couldn't keep it straight.

There's another drastic difference. Cosby, Trump, Weinstein, Nasser and the coach at Ohio State sexually assaulted dozens of people. The same is usually the pattern for priests and other people in positions of power. Reade is the only person who has ever said Biden sexually assaulted her.

As I have said many times, I think she has hurt many survivors.

Back