• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Eh
“What we need is Democratic Propaganda”
“Biden mailed people money and they still don’t like him, so voters must not care about policy”

“We can’t treat voters like idiots”

This is not a Babylon Bee headline:

President Biden says admin still stuck trying to 'figure out' why immigrants are coming to the US

nor is this from the BB:

President Biden said Monday that his administration is committed to improving the border crisis by trying to "figure out" why migrants are leaving their home countries for the U.S. in the first place.

"We’re working a lot with neighboring countries. A lot to do," Biden said during a meeting with Vice President Kamala Harris and the National Governors Association (NGA) at the White House.

Last edited:
This is not a Babylon Bee headline:

nor is this from the BB:

I see the point that you are trying to make here, mockery of an old man for being confused, but I honestly think it is refreshing for someone to express uncertainty into the underlying causes. We've had Mexican border immigration problems since at least the 1980s and administration and after administration have come along articulating "solutions" and the problem has not gotten any better for extended periods of time (e.g., we get declines for a year or two but the over all trend is up). Clinton funneled the immigrants out of the cities and into the harsh desserts where thousands have died attempting to immigrate, Obama deported a shit ton of people, Trump tried to build a wall on the border, taking his cues from ancient Chinese emperors, GW Bush added going after employers for hiring illegals...the problem has not gone away. Seems like understanding the core of the problem is the first step towards evaluating alterative solutions to the problem.

I see the point that you are trying to make here, mockery of an old man for being confused, but I honestly think it is refreshing for someone to express uncertainty into the underlying causes. We've had Mexican border immigration problems since at least the 1980s and administration and after administration have come along articulating "solutions" and the problem has not gotten any better for extended periods of time (e.g., we get declines for a year or two but the over all trend is up). Clinton funneled the immigrants out of the cities and into the harsh desserts where thousands have died attempting to immigrate, Obama deported a shit ton of people, Trump tried to build a wall on the border, taking his cues from ancient Chinese emperors, GW Bush added going after employers for hiring illegals...the problem has not gone away. Seems like understanding the core of the problem is the first step towards evaluating alterative solutions to the problem.

Wrong. Securing the border is the first step.

birdman, they see intellectual curiosity is a sign of weakness.

I think he thinks we’ve never secured the border.

So just do what Bush, then Obama, then Trump all did but do it better?

That would not be much of an accomplishment but it would be a start.

For much of our history the border was not threatened and remained relatively secure with little effort. Obviously that's no longer true.

Back