• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Bullshit.

If you really believe that then you may as well give up or just plan for the misguided bloody attempted revolution.

“Never be deceived that the rich will allow you to vote away their wealth.” - Lucy Parsons

Suburban women don’t want and need the same changes to the system that the poor, homeless, working class, incarcerated, disenfranchised want and need. No amount of branding will get them to vote against their class interests.

Yet, Republicans vote against their self-interest in every election.

BTW, if people follow your logic they will ensure Trump's re-election and the destruction of everything you dream about.

You can't deal with reality or responsibility.

There are only two possible winners for POTUS.

If you want more racism, more homelessness, more bigotry, more income inequality, keep acting the way you are. Keep taking votes from Biden in swing states and you'll get all those things to happen.

Keep acting like you are and every level of government will be controlled by radically RW Republicans.

But it's not your fault for turning people off for not being pure enough for you. Remind me again who else has demanded political purity?

I’m pretty sure voting to help the poor (etc.) isn’t essentially or necessarily or even usually against the interests of the non-poor, or society generally.

Last edited:
And incrementalism is what will deliver M4A much quicker, easier and with people supporting it massively.

Do you actually think companies would want pay 20+% more for less coverage as they would with a full public option like Biden has been fighting for since the beginning of ACA? Once, 70-90% of Americans are already on a Medicare policy, don't think your goals will be easier to reach?

That would happen faster than the years of fighting over what M4A will look like and years of transitioning.

I reconsidered my posts. I havent changed my mind, but I don't want to get sucked into these old arguments again.

So, if you can't get everything you want and get it now, you don't want to get any help.

Got it!

Weren’t you a republican until recently?

Which helps make his point.

People need to get over this “I care about other people and those people don’t. That’s why they’ll never join us.” bullshit.

I just don’t understand what the plan for change is if you’re not trying to build a coalition around ideas.

People need to get over this “I care about other people and those people don’t. That’s why they’ll never join us.” bullshit.

I just don’t understand what the plan for change is if you’re not trying to build a coalition around ideas.

I’m just suggesting that a former Republican might need to put in their time repenting for their culpability in this mess and doing some groundwork to help the cause before advising progressives on how best to go about “the revolution.”

What ideas was Pete Buttigieg trying to build a coalition around? Biden?

Yep

I’m just suggesting that a former Republican might need to put in their time repenting for their culpability in this mess and doing some groundwork to help the cause before advising progressives on how best to go about “the revolution.”

Uh huh.

Come on Conor...get to thy knees and repent!! REPENT!!!

You need to sacrifice a child or wife. That'll be almost enough.

Yep

Uh huh.

How many of your former pals have you worked on de radicalizing? How many calls have you made for Dems in your district? How many doors have you knocked on?

You - not me - were a member of the party of Trump, of George W. Bush.

I’m not going to take marching orders or agenda setting from you any more than I would take advice on racial justice agenda setting from Derek Black.

I’m sorry, but you gotta do something to help the movement before you start telling lifelong progressives what they should be doing to make a political agenda you spent most of your life opposing more appealing to you.

Back