• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I mean, I guess dems could go the Republican route and try to blackmail him with something.

If donkey party leadership wanted, enough, to put pressure or Northam to resign, they could. If pub leadership wanted, enough, to remove Trump, they could. Neither does so because of political expedience.

lol. Exact same thing.

If donkey party leadership wanted, enough, to put pressure or Northam to resign, they could. If pub leadership wanted, enough, to remove Trump, they could. Neither does so because of political expedience.

Nearly every VA Dem, the DNC and dozens of other leading Dems have demanded Northam resign. They can't "force" him to do anything. But they have made public statements.

Pub leadership has NOT demanded that Trump be held accountable.

Once again, your whataboutism is baseless and factually false.

Who are these "donkey party" leaders who don't want Northam to resign? Trump has near 90% approval among Republicans. I haven't seen any Republican leader say Trump should resign. I haven't seen any Democrat leader saying Northam shouldn't.

Is calling for Northam to resign more or less impactful than an op-ed? Just trying to understand the depth of your hypocrisy.

Does the op-ed call for someone to resign or just express someone’s feelings of being troubled? Just trying to understand the similarities here.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Brad the Jester within

Is calling for Northam to resign more or less impactful than an op-ed? Just trying to understand the depth of your hypocrisy.

Calling on someone to resign is a specific decision and stance. The Scott op-ed was neither. It was a fine expression of dismay but no call to action. Neither has an impact on a decision that is wholly someone else’s to make.

Another rape charge against Fairfax

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/08/politics/justin-fairfax-second-accuser/index.html

"Ms. Watson shared her account of the rape with friends in a series of emails and Facebook messages that are now in our possession. Additionally, we have statements from former classmates corroborating that Ms. Watson immediately told friends that Mr. Fairfax had raped her," the statement reads."

Another rape charge against Fairfax

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/08/politics/justin-fairfax-second-accuser/index.html

"Ms. Watson shared her account of the rape with friends in a series of emails and Facebook messages that are now in our possession. Additionally, we have statements from former classmates corroborating that Ms. Watson immediately told friends that Mr. Fairfax had raped her," the statement reads."

At a minimum, it now looks as if both top VA Dems are going to have to quit, because I don't think this is going to go away. We'll see if Herring can weather the storm and move up. If nothing else, this ought to be a notice to the organizations of both parties in every state that they need to start far more thoroughly vetting their statewide and federal candidates for office. Won't happen, though.

Herring volunteered the info and apologized. I haven’t seen the need for him to resign.

I’ve actually been fairly impressed with DeSantis. His best move was getting his Secretary of State to step down immediately after his blackface pics came out. I doubt Pubs will keep doing that though.

Herring volunteered the info and apologized. I haven’t seen the need for him to resign.

I’ve actually been fairly impressed with DeSantis. His best move was getting his Secretary of State to step down immediately after his blackface pics came out. I doubt Pubs will keep doing that though.

Yeah, unless Herring was trying to head off something worse. Fairfax resigning is more urgent at this point, followed by Northam. We'll end up with a Republican AG (chosen by the Republican general assemby) if Herring takes the governership, but the next Lt. Gov. will be elected in a few months, at least if Wikipedia's history is any indication.

Also, Herring was 19 y/o at the time, iirc.

And didn’t chose to memorialize his behavior on a personal yearbook page. And then lie about it.

The Fairfax saga is getting crazier. Victim #2 says she went to Fairfax (both Duke students) because she had been raped by a Duke basketball player and an unnamed Duke dean discouraged her from pursuing the matter. Then Fairfax raped her, too.

The Fairfax saga is getting crazier. Victim #2 says she went to Fairfax (both Duke students) because she had been raped by a Duke basketball player and an unnamed Duke dean discouraged her from pursuing the matter. Then Fairfax raped her, too.

Link?

Seems plausible. Fairfax was pretty well known on campus back then.

One suggestion I’ve seen is that Fairfax resigns, Northam appoints a heavily vetted unassailable replacement (likely a woman) as Lt. Gov. then Northam resigns. I won’t bother to confirm if it’s plausible but it seems like a way out of this mess.

Link?

Seems plausible. Fairfax was pretty well known on campus back then.

One suggestion I’ve seen is that Fairfax resigns, Northam appoints a heavily vetted unassailable replacement (likely a woman) as Lt. Gov. then Northam resigns. I won’t bother to confirm if it’s plausible but it seems like a way out of this mess.

I have yet to see a reference to a Lt. Gov being appointed by a sitting governor. I think if Fairfax resigns, we go without an Lt. Gov. until a special election in a few months.

Back