• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

The number of shits I give about this is -1, but I have been inspired by Donald Trump, Jr's Halloween tweet.

So Sailor...think of it this way: If you have 73 Snickers bars, 2 Butterfingers, 4 packs of Skittles, and only 1 Starburst, and you weren't done trick or treating, you might ask your friends "Hey, those last two houses you just came from...what candy did they give out?" And if your friends said "House #1 is giving Snickers and House #2 is giving Reese's" you would probably go to House #2.

Does that help?

The number of shits I give about this is -1, but I have been inspired by Donald Trump, Jr's Halloween tweet.

So Sailor...think of it this way: If you have 73 Snickers bars, 2 Butterfingers, 4 packs of Skittles, and only 1 Starburst, and you weren't done trick or treating, you might ask your friends "Hey, those last two houses you just came from...what candy did they give out?" And if your friends said "House #1 is giving Snickers and House #2 is giving Reese's" you would probably go to House #2.

Does that help?

Yes, I understand: formulating good analogies is not your thing.

it's actually the party of inclusion because they're recognizing a problem and finding a solution.

your overlords should try it sometime

I hope sailor is seeing a doctor for this. He used to be a reasonable poster.

I hope sailor is seeing a doctor for this. He used to be a reasonable poster.

not really. He was always incoherent, full of shit, and incapable of engaging in a rational discussion. He has just become more afraid of facts as he has aged.

I decided to drop back in for a fleeting moment to offer a couple of articles that should be required reading for Democrats in general and for board liberals in particular. Since WF has not yet won that 6th game this year, I am not in violation of my agreement with Townie to do so. Have no fear, though. Once I have posted these two articles I will be gone again, as I no longer have the slightest interest in beating my head against a wall by trying to have a conversation with board liberals who exist in the echo chamber that is The Tunnels and are completely convinced that by the virtue of their WF degree they are intellectually and morally superior to anyone who disagrees with them. I finally reached that conclusion a couple of months ago.

Board liberals really should read these two articles, though, as the articles speak directly to them. And, actually, there are many more similar articles readily available that do that as well. One really did not have to be particularly perceptive to see the current political situation coming from a mile away. When one exists in an echo chamber such as The Tunnels, though, he tends to be shielded from reality....and existing in his own perceived "sanity bubble" as one of the articles describes it. As I said, these two articles could have been written directly for the benefit of Tunnels board liberals. Read them if you want to learn something useful, ignore them if you wish...but both perfectly describe your sanctimonious attitude of high-brow superiority. There are millions of Americans out there like me who once voted for Democratic candidates...but you chose to look down your nose at and demean us if we disagreed with any of your cock-sure positions. And that is why you lost...and will keep on losing until you have an attitude correction.

http://freebeacon.com/columns/class-realignment-broke-democrats/

The summit Dovere describes is a parody of a group therapy session for the liberal gentry, a cutaway scene from Veep minus Selina Meyer. Someone told Dovere that he had entered "the sanity bubble." (That's where board liberals think that they live...in a "sanity bubble" around all the clueless "rubes".) The sanity bubble! What a perfect label for the environs of the self-satisfied and righteous.

I live in the bubble. Always have, even if I have come to disagree with what my college professors would call the "hegemonic discourse" of postmodern liberalism, and to gag at the vanity and solipsism of many of my fellow residents. But never, especially after the 2016 campaign, would I mistake the confines of the bubble for the whole of reality. That is the mistake Hillary Clinton made when she decided that she could win the presidency without the support of a white working class mangled by economic stagnation, family breakdown, and drug addiction. And it is the same mistake the Democrats at the Obama Foundation and on Capitol Hill are making now, in real time, as they wrap themselves in the illusions that growing minority populations will carry them ineluctably to power, and that identity politics is somehow an electoral winner.

As racially and sexually diverse as the crowd at the Obama Foundation summit may have been, everyone at the breakout session on "Who Narrates the World?" had, I'd wager, the following in common: a college or postgraduate degree, the mark of distinction and privilege and wealth in our society today. Yet most Americans do not possess such credentials, and live very different existences from those who do.

"Obama and Clinton," writes Stan Greenberg, "lived in a cosmopolitan and professional America that wasn't very angry about the state of the country, even if many of the groups in the Clinton coalition were struggling and angry." But Bernie Sanders, and later Donald Trump, was angry, and offered alternatives that, however flawed, at least seemed to acknowledge the crisis. So the Obama coalition fell apart. And as long as Democrats prefer the safety of the sanity bubble to the realities of America in 2017, that coalition is not likely to be put back together anytime soon.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/arti...-winning-against-donald-trump-and-republicans

The Democrats seem to enjoy gloating about the hot mess that is the Republican Party these days. Former GOP presidents warning the president about the people he surrounds himself with; sitting Republican U.S. senators calling the president unstable and unqualified; and a former GOP speaker of the house saying "there is no Republican Party. The president isn't a Republican." And Democrats' friends in the mainstream media have kindly created an echo chamber that makes them think that they are always right and the Republicans are a bunch of sexist, racist, whack jobs. (Perfectly describes the attitude of board liberals.)

So why aren't they winning?
They must be longing for the halcyon days of the Obama election in 2008. They were so eager to lay all of America's troubles entirely at the feet of President George W. Bush: The Iraq War (which most of their party voted to support), Hurricane Katrina response (ignoring any involvement by Democratic local officials) and the financial collapse (which had little to do with Washington – although President Bush and President Barack Obama worked hand in hand to bail the country out of it). They were so full of hope! They were ushering in a new America. A post-racial America where everyone has health care and a good middle-class job. Stories written in the wake of the November election wrote the obituary on the Republican Party (too white, too rich, too old and on top of that, technology morons who can't turn out the vote). The Democrats were here to stay – or so they thought.

That arrogance caused them to nominate Hillary Clinton to be their party's standard bearer. Possibly the only candidate who could lose to Trump. (It's generally accepted that, had Vice President Joe Biden been the nominee, he would have won. And just this week, Trump's pollster posited that Sanders would have beaten Trump, too.) Her major primary opponent was a bit nutty, but that was largely because the Democratic establishment had crowned Clinton early on and crowded everyone else out. She was a fairly strong candidate in the Democratic Party: a well-known former first lady to a very popular president, former U.S. senator, former secretary of state. It was her turn.

Never mind that there is no figure in American politics as guaranteed to unite the GOP base in opposition as the person who coined the term "vast right-wing conspiracy" in an effort to deflect from her husband's misdeeds (which everyone in the country seemed to find plausible, except for her). Never mind her inability to connect with working-class voters in the same folksy way as her husband. Never mind her reputation for refusing to take responsibility for things that happened on her watch (like Benghazi). Everyone should ignore all that. Because it's time for us to shatter that glass ceiling, and no one but Hillary can do it.

The Democrats seemed shocked the race between Clinton and Trump remained relatively close because they seemed to stop talking to the white working-class voters who, for decades, had defined their base.

So when they lost the election, there was a reckoning. The leadership of the Democratic Party was drummed up and new, forward-looking leaders took the reins and offered an alternative to what they saw as the disaster of Donald Trump. Wait, no. That isn't what happened. Instead, they re-elected Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the house. They elected Chuck Schumer as Senate majority leader and completely sold out to the New York and California wings of the Democratic Party.

Instead of talking about middle-class tax cuts, they talked about transgender bathroom access. Instead of talking about fixing Obamacare, which was crushing many in the middle class with high premiums and complicated doctor selections, they walked right into the trap of the alt-right and began tearing down Civil War statues.
In the first big test of party strength: the Virginia governor's race, they have thrown up all over themselves. Virginia should be easy for them. Clinton won it in 2016. Trump's numbers are completely under water. The Republican candidate has awkwardly embraced Trump and some of his controversial positions while trying not to hug him too close. But somehow they ended up with one of the least inspiring Democratic candidates Virginia has seen in a long time. And they backed an ad that seemed to depict Virginians who drive pickup trucks as a bunch of rednecks looking to plow down children of color.

That race is now a dead heat. They may yet pull it out, but this shouldn't have been such a nail-biter for them.

Who are the next generation of leaders in the Democratic Party? Pelosi and Schumer? Elizabeth Warren? Bernie Sanders? I don't see a farm team over there that would make any Republican operative pessimistic about the GOP's chances moving forward.

You can't beat something with nothing. But thanks to Democratic ineptness and refusal to look inward at their own shortcomings, and despite the president's low approval numbers, the Democrats are on track to ensuring that in 2020, the country is going to re-elect him to another 4 years.

I decided to drop back in for a fleeting moment to offer a couple of articles that should be required reading for Democrats in general and for board liberals in particular. Since WF has not yet won that 6th game this year, I am not in violation of my agreement with Townie to do so. Have no fear, though. Once I have posted these two articles I will be gone again, as I no longer have the slightest interest in beating my head against a wall by trying to have a conversation with board liberals who exist in the echo chamber that is The Tunnels and are completely convinced that by the virtue of their WF degree they are intellectually and morally superior to anyone who disagrees with them. I finally reached that conclusion a couple of months ago.

Board liberals really should read these two articles, though, as the articles speak directly to them. And, actually, there are many more similar articles readily available that do that as well. One really did not have to be particularly perceptive to see the current political situation coming from a mile away. When one exists in an echo chamber such as The Tunnels, though, he tends to be shielded from reality....and existing in his own perceived "sanity bubble" as one of the articles describes it. As I said, these two articles could have been written directly for the benefit of Tunnels board liberals. Read them if you want to learn something useful, ignore them if you wish...but both perfectly describe your sanctimonious attitude of high-brow superiority. There are millions of Americans out there like me who once voted for Democratic candidates...but you chose to look down your nose at and demean us if we disagreed with any of your cock-sure positions. And that is why you lost...and will keep on losing until you have an attitude correction.

http://freebeacon.com/columns/class-realignment-broke-democrats/

The summit Dovere describes is a parody of a group therapy session for the liberal gentry, a cutaway scene from Veep minus Selina Meyer. Someone told Dovere that he had entered "the sanity bubble." (That's where board liberals think that they live...in a "sanity bubble" around all the clueless "rubes".) The sanity bubble! What a perfect label for the environs of the self-satisfied and righteous.

I live in the bubble. Always have, even if I have come to disagree with what my college professors would call the "hegemonic discourse" of postmodern liberalism, and to gag at the vanity and solipsism of many of my fellow residents. But never, especially after the 2016 campaign, would I mistake the confines of the bubble for the whole of reality. That is the mistake Hillary Clinton made when she decided that she could win the presidency without the support of a white working class mangled by economic stagnation, family breakdown, and drug addiction. And it is the same mistake the Democrats at the Obama Foundation and on Capitol Hill are making now, in real time, as they wrap themselves in the illusions that growing minority populations will carry them ineluctably to power, and that identity politics is somehow an electoral winner.

As racially and sexually diverse as the crowd at the Obama Foundation summit may have been, everyone at the breakout session on "Who Narrates the World?" had, I'd wager, the following in common: a college or postgraduate degree, the mark of distinction and privilege and wealth in our society today. Yet most Americans do not possess such credentials, and live very different existences from those who do.

"Obama and Clinton," writes Stan Greenberg, "lived in a cosmopolitan and professional America that wasn't very angry about the state of the country, even if many of the groups in the Clinton coalition were struggling and angry." But Bernie Sanders, and later Donald Trump, was angry, and offered alternatives that, however flawed, at least seemed to acknowledge the crisis. So the Obama coalition fell apart. And as long as Democrats prefer the safety of the sanity bubble to the realities of America in 2017, that coalition is not likely to be put back together anytime soon.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/arti...-winning-against-donald-trump-and-republicans

The Democrats seem to enjoy gloating about the hot mess that is the Republican Party these days. Former GOP presidents warning the president about the people he surrounds himself with; sitting Republican U.S. senators calling the president unstable and unqualified; and a former GOP speaker of the house saying "there is no Republican Party. The president isn't a Republican." And Democrats' friends in the mainstream media have kindly created an echo chamber that makes them think that they are always right and the Republicans are a bunch of sexist, racist, whack jobs. (Perfectly describes the attitude of board liberals.)

So why aren't they winning?
They must be longing for the halcyon days of the Obama election in 2008. They were so eager to lay all of America's troubles entirely at the feet of President George W. Bush: The Iraq War (which most of their party voted to support), Hurricane Katrina response (ignoring any involvement by Democratic local officials) and the financial collapse (which had little to do with Washington – although President Bush and President Barack Obama worked hand in hand to bail the country out of it). They were so full of hope! They were ushering in a new America. A post-racial America where everyone has health care and a good middle-class job. Stories written in the wake of the November election wrote the obituary on the Republican Party (too white, too rich, too old and on top of that, technology morons who can't turn out the vote). The Democrats were here to stay – or so they thought.

That arrogance caused them to nominate Hillary Clinton to be their party's standard bearer. Possibly the only candidate who could lose to Trump. (It's generally accepted that, had Vice President Joe Biden been the nominee, he would have won. And just this week, Trump's pollster posited that Sanders would have beaten Trump, too.) Her major primary opponent was a bit nutty, but that was largely because the Democratic establishment had crowned Clinton early on and crowded everyone else out. She was a fairly strong candidate in the Democratic Party: a well-known former first lady to a very popular president, former U.S. senator, former secretary of state. It was her turn.

Never mind that there is no figure in American politics as guaranteed to unite the GOP base in opposition as the person who coined the term "vast right-wing conspiracy" in an effort to deflect from her husband's misdeeds (which everyone in the country seemed to find plausible, except for her). Never mind her inability to connect with working-class voters in the same folksy way as her husband. Never mind her reputation for refusing to take responsibility for things that happened on her watch (like Benghazi). Everyone should ignore all that. Because it's time for us to shatter that glass ceiling, and no one but Hillary can do it.

The Democrats seemed shocked the race between Clinton and Trump remained relatively close because they seemed to stop talking to the white working-class voters who, for decades, had defined their base.

So when they lost the election, there was a reckoning. The leadership of the Democratic Party was drummed up and new, forward-looking leaders took the reins and offered an alternative to what they saw as the disaster of Donald Trump. Wait, no. That isn't what happened. Instead, they re-elected Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the house. They elected Chuck Schumer as Senate majority leader and completely sold out to the New York and California wings of the Democratic Party.

Instead of talking about middle-class tax cuts, they talked about transgender bathroom access. Instead of talking about fixing Obamacare, which was crushing many in the middle class with high premiums and complicated doctor selections, they walked right into the trap of the alt-right and began tearing down Civil War statues.
In the first big test of party strength: the Virginia governor's race, they have thrown up all over themselves. Virginia should be easy for them. Clinton won it in 2016. Trump's numbers are completely under water. The Republican candidate has awkwardly embraced Trump and some of his controversial positions while trying not to hug him too close. But somehow they ended up with one of the least inspiring Democratic candidates Virginia has seen in a long time. And they backed an ad that seemed to depict Virginians who drive pickup trucks as a bunch of rednecks looking to plow down children of color.

That race is now a dead heat. They may yet pull it out, but this shouldn't have been such a nail-biter for them.

Who are the next generation of leaders in the Democratic Party? Pelosi and Schumer? Elizabeth Warren? Bernie Sanders? I don't see a farm team over there that would make any Republican operative pessimistic about the GOP's chances moving forward.

You can't beat something with nothing. But thanks to Democratic ineptness and refusal to look inward at their own shortcomings, and despite the president's low approval numbers, the Democrats are on track to ensuring that in 2020, the country is going to re-elect him to another 4 years.

Not to beat a dead horse but you also said Wake would not win another Football game this year before the App. St. game and we are two up on that now. Your prophecies are not so good.

guess he should've waited to see the outcome of the VA elections before pre-gloating about it.

It's just a natural progression from having the oval office dominated by lawyers to billionaire reality show stars.

predicting Wake football is a dubious proposition at best for everyone, not just bkf

Not only that, but I never said that WF wouldn't win another game this year before the App State game. That is a flat-out lie. He is a goddamned lying son of a bitch. All I said was that I didn't think that WF would win 6 games this year...which may or may not prove to be accurate.

WF board liberals are the worst I have ever seen. They will lie at the drop of a hat with no hint of shame. They are arrogant, spoiled and more full of themselves than anyone I have ever met. If people like these board liberals are what WF is turning out these days at $69K per year per copy, they should just burn the damned school to the ground.

http://financialaid.wfu.edu/cost-of-attendance/

Cost of Attendance
2017-18 Estimated Cost of Attendance*
Tuition and Fees
$51,400
Housing
$9,012
Meals
$4,914
Books and Supplies
$1,404
Personal expenses
$1,500
Transportation
$900
Fed Direct Loan Avg Fee
$62
TOTAL
$69,192

We can't miss you if you won't leave, BKF.

Between you and risc, its like "Stephen's Last Night in Town" every day on the Tunnels.

We can't miss you if you won't leave, BKF.

Between you and risc, its like "Stephen's Last Night in Town" every day on the Tunnels.

If you and your liberal buddies would stop telling flat out lies about me I wouldn't have to correct your sorry asses, sig. I understand that you don't like what I say most of the time, but that doesn't mean that you have to tell out and out lies about what I've posted. That's the problem with you liberals. You don't think twice about lying about anything at any time.

If you and your liberal buddies would stop telling flat out lies about me I wouldn't have to correct your sorry asses, sig. I understand that you don't like what I say most of the time, but that doesn't mean that you have to tell out and out lies about what I've posted. That's the problem with you liberals. You don't think twice about lying about anything at any time.

We learned from you.

Back