• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

sean-hannity-family-wife-children-son-daughter.jpg

The kids are 18 (boy) and 15 (girl) if I did my math right, based on the article. Timing within the year could cause that to be off by 1.

I just hope the father is prepared to rid his boy of all the liberal indoctrination I've heard so much about at Wake Forest.

Here's the article that picture comes from, lest anyone suspect I'm cyber stalking the Hannitys. http://liverampup.com/news/know-fox...-children-and-family-life-divorce-rumors.html

There are some exceptions, but years ago I saw a clear trend in facebook posts from people I knew in high school. Most of those who stayed in my home county, or who simply moved to another rural county or small town in central or western NC, their political, religious, and cultural views have barely changed in the 25+ years since I graduated. However, those who left for good after high school and now live in larger cities (even if they stayed in NC) tend to be much more liberal, politically and culturally. Even those who left and are still conservative aren't nearly as culturally conservative as the ones who stayed in rural NC, and their values resemble those of suburban, business-oriented Republicans instead of the Religious Right. As I said, there are some notable exceptions in both cases - I know some rural liberals and urban right-wingers, but they're definitely the exceptions, not the rule. Going to college and grad school, traveling a good deal, living in large cities, making friends with people of different races, religions, sexual orientation, etc. aren't a guarantee that you'll be more liberal, but in my experience it certainly helps. There's definitely something comforting and secure about staying in your hometown or in another similar town, but it also doesn't require you to stretch yourself, and your chances of meeting people different from you are a lot less in most rural places and small towns.

Somewheres vs anywheres. Not original to Brooks or the US , but here he analyzes the concept for the US.

Seems like what is "equal outcome" to conservatives is "equal opportunity" to everyone else.

“Equity necessitates transforming our campus community to meet the needs, interests and cultural norms of our students, faculty, and staff.”

Meeting the needs of everybody is opportunity. Once people's needs are met, they can pursue opportunities.

In fact, it's not clear what conservatives consider to be equal opportunity.

a) Seems a little unseemly to be posting real life pics of the children of people you disagree with. Maybe it's just me.

b) Will OP please change thread title to "The Dempire Strikes Back"? Please and thank you.

nah

thanks for posting and food for thought:

The end result of these changes is division, polarization, and strife within the student body. Conservative, moderate, and even liberal students at Wake Forest are often frustrated by the way the Office of Diversity and Inclusion has divided up our campus based on identity. Students are usually left with the choice to either accept leftist ideology at face value or be criticized as a racist/sexist/bigot/homophobe for even attempting to question it. But, there are still voices that are willing to point out the problems with equity, intersectionality, and social justice. We’ll know that the long-term transformation of Wake Forest is complete when those voices are silent, or no longer choose to attend institutions of higher learning because they reject free thought.

So the plan is....converge upon the children of our enemies? R.I.P. pride and dignity. I never figured you for a hurt-ling. This board doesn't need a second ITC (arguably doesn't need a first, tbh). Go back to being the old Millhouse. He is missed and necessary.
Lighten up snowflake. Context... Learn it... Live it... Love it!!

You're so desperate for a gotcha that you're totally ignoring the context of why the picture was posted which is that his son goes to Wake Forest. See the Wake sweatshirt that his daughter is wearing? Cute family by the way

Last edited:
As I mentioned when it was posted, that pic is from an article found easily enough. Chris is right that the purpose was to show a WFU connection. "Converge on children of enemies"? LOL.

The pic was taken at Wake, btw.

It's impossible to be find pictures of college athletes. Surely something shady is going on here.

I'm more worried about Roy Moore showing up on this board with pictures like that.

So the plan is....converge upon the children of our enemies? R.I.P. pride and dignity. I never figured you for a hurt-ling. This board doesn't need a second ITC (arguably doesn't need a first, tbh). Go back to being the old Millhouse. He is missed and necessary.

the old milhouse is the same as the new milhouse. stupid posters annoy me. stop annoying me.

"Dempire"

The Franken revelations have me wondering how many men in both parties in DC have skeletons like this in their past. I'm betting a lot. While Trump's behavior didn't come back to bite him, you won't be able to say the same thing about a Dem candidate. So 2020 nominees will have to have their sexual histories thoroughly vetted. Isn't Biden a body space invader? I'm sure he's at least creeped out women in the past. The safest thing the Dems could do is run a woman, which means Gillibrand, Harris or Klubochar. And can someone give Bubba a memo instructing him to keep a low profile over the next 3 years?

Back