• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Gillibrand, Harris, Klubochar are all probably very clean as skeletons go and really I still can't think of a male that would be a shoo-in for the nomination. Personally I'd like to see Klubochar make a run at it. Good solid pick out of the Midwest.

The Franken revelations have me wondering how many men in both parties in DC have skeletons like this in their past. I'm betting a lot. While Trump's behavior didn't come back to bite him, you won't be able to say the same thing about a Dem candidate. So 2020 nominees will have to have their sexual histories thoroughly vetted. Isn't Biden a body space invader? I'm sure he's at least creeped out women in the past. The safest thing the Dems could do is run a woman, which means Gillibrand, Harris or Klubochar. And can someone give Bubba a memo instructing him to keep a low profile over the next 3 years?

They should run a woman. Surely a woman wouldn't lose to an unqualified joke of a candidate in a climate of sexual abuse.

Gillibrand, Harris, Klubochar are all probably very clean as skeletons go and really I still can't think of a male that would be a shoo-in for the nomination. Personally I'd like to see Klubochar make a run at it. Good solid pick out of the Midwest.

In terms of men, I've been thinking Hickenlooper would be the strongest candidate. And maybe because he's from CO and hasn't been to DC, there may be a better chance he isn't a groper.

today's dems will probably not run a heterosexual white male for president

Democrats realize that there are far more people qualified to be President beside only heterosexual white men.

I hope Republicans will figure that out. Maybe we will get the best among all Americans rather than just a small subset.

yawn, identity politics is a spoils system with favored groups, it's hardly a system to get the best

So you understand the workings of white identity politics that favors white men.

I'm still curious what the long term plan for the GOP is demographics-wise. Can't keep appealing solely to your core base when your core base continues to shrink and demographics indicate that the core base will only continue to do so.

Prop bet: the number of non-white or non-male pubs candidates at the first president primary debate in 2024 versus total number of Republicans employed at the tenured professor level by the USF Sociology Department between 2016-2024.

hey, it's a free market. maybe the Pubs should step up their game

It saddens me that there are apparently employers who sit around discussing the political leanings of jobs applicants and that they believe other fields use the same practices.

It also saddens me when people call out the employers of posters. I was under the impression that practice was frowned upon on these boards.

Just continue to appeal to the people who work and pay taxes.

Do you have any data evidencing that this has worked and/or will continue to work? Demographically speaking, the picture is pretty clear as to the source of GOP support. Spoiler: primarily white people.

I'm still curious what the long term plan for the GOP is demographics-wise. Can't keep appealing solely to your core base when your core base continues to shrink and demographics indicate that the core base will only continue to do so.

Extreme vetting.

Do you have any data evidencing that this has worked and/or will continue to work? Demographically speaking, the picture is pretty clear as to the source of GOP support. Spoiler: primarily white people.

The leader of his party did just win the White House a year ago, so it's worked ok I guess.

JHMD is such a POS.

"I disagree with your stance so I'm going to make fun of your employer and wonder why you were hired there." GTFO of here with that.

This is wayyy over the line.

Looks like a lawyer is claiming someone was denied a job based on discriminatory hiring practices. That's a very serious accusation to make against a university. Is there a lawsuit forthcoming?

i don't understand JH's hang up about conservatives in higher education. they disdain the whole industry anyway, why the obsession with being a part of it. you guys found your own weird colleges and universities. if you want to dominate the system, there are mechanisms to do it, just like the federal government

The leader of his party did just win the White House a year ago, so it's worked ok I guess.

Good point. Better posited: "Do you have any data evidencing that the GOP will be able to grow their base and win elections moving forward by applying their current ideology and party platform to the continued goal of appealing to 'people who work and pay taxes?'"

That's right. You guys only lost because of Nazis.

Or Russians.

Or Facebook.

Or Rubes.

But never you. No, never. Anything but that.

the Right absolutely courted nazis and other far right elements to win the presidency. sorry but your party sucks

Back