• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

..and the Dem debacle keeps going and going and going...

God Cory Booker sucks. 2020 is going to be miserable.

God Cory Booker sucks. 2020 is going to be miserable.

What a fucking piece of trash bringing up anti-BDS legislation right now. Thats scummy as hell. Cory Booker couldn't be a bigger sell out if he covered his suits with sponsorships like a fuckin Nascar track suit. Just stamp "AIPAC" on his head for good measure.

Last edited:
I hope people realize he sucks sooner rather than later. I don’t like his chances in a primary but I want him out before he syphons votes from a better candidate.

If Dems don’t realize Cory Booker sucks by now, then we might as well just hand Trump another term and save ourselves the anxiety.

Not only is Booker a corporate sellout (I'd love to watch him try to run on healthcare reform in 2020 after all the votes he's made supporting Big Pharmaceuticals), but he's never struck me as being a particularly effective advocate for the Democrats in the Senate. His performance at the Kavanaugh hearings was disappointing, imo, and he comes across as a wannabe Obama or Bill Clinton who utterly lacks either Obama or Clinton's charisma, style, and eloquence. I do think that Trump would beat him, and Trump would probably eat him alive in a debate. Gillum, from what little I've seen thus far in his debate and speaking performances, would actually do much better against Trump than Booker in a debate format.

I hope people realize he sucks sooner rather than later. I don’t like his chances in a primary but I want him out before he syphons votes from a better candidate.

I have faith that after the third or fourth primary, the race will be whittled down pretty quickly. I think Biden will win Iowa, Warren will win NH, and Harris wins Nevada. Then, everything kind of comes down to SC to 1) determine the overall favorite, and 2) finally give those that have been polling single digits the excuse to drop out while still having been in it long enough to get a message out.

Booker won’t carry more than 8% of any primary until he’s forced to drop his campaign.

It's way, way, way to early but here's how I'd have the Dems ranked by odds as of today (and will dramatically change by mid-19):

Biden 4/1
Harris 6/1
Warren 10/1
Bernie 10/1
Klobuchar 12/1
Gillibrand 15/1
Booker 15/1
Oprah 7/1
Joe Kennedy 15/1
Beto (if wins)12/1

Warren has zero fucking chance after her self own a few weeks ago.

I agree that Warren is not a great pick, but she is in the mix/

Warren has zero fucking chance after her self own a few weeks ago.

Yeah but New England seems to love her and the ITKs I’ve read (lol I know) think she will have a good time in NH before falling away. I tend to agree, NH always seems to love someone from their region, but I’ll defer to NED for that.

I'm not even sure Warren will make it to the starting gate. It will depend on who declares early.

Unless Biden does an "I'll only serve one term", the Dems should nominate someone under 55 (hopefully under 50).

It's way, way, way to early but here's how I'd have the Dems ranked by odds as of today (and will dramatically change by mid-19):

Biden 4/1
Harris 6/1
Warren 10/1
Bernie 10/1
Klobuchar 12/1
Gillibrand 15/1
Booker 15/1
Oprah 7/1
Joe Kennedy 15/1
Beto (if wins)12/1

Bernie will be 79 and Biden 77 by 11/20

Beto is most likely to run if he narrowly loses. If he wins, I think he stays in the senate until 2024.

Not only is Booker a corporate sellout (I'd love to watch him try to run on healthcare reform in 2020 after all the votes he's made supporting Big Pharmaceuticals), but he's never struck me as being a particularly effective advocate for the Democrats in the Senate. His performance at the Kavanaugh hearings was disappointing, imo, and he comes across as a wannabe Obama or Bill Clinton who utterly lacks either Obama or Clinton's charisma, style, and eloquence. I do think that Trump would beat him, and Trump would probably eat him alive in a debate. Gillum, from what little I've seen thus far in his debate and speaking performances, would actually do much better against Trump than Booker in a debate format.

Why on earth would anyone who watched any of the debates expect Trump to beat anyone?

Why on earth would anyone who watched any of the debates expect Trump to beat anyone?

I mean in terms of a candidate not being intimidated by Trump and effectively getting their own points across. I don't see Booker as being very good at that. Other candidates like Gillum would probably be more likely to stand up to Trump, or call him out, while still making their own points. Obviously, when it comes to traditional debating skills and making effective arguments, Trump is hopeless. But he's never cared about that.

Back