• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

That’s what I was thinking. We gotta get better a vetting people in the 21st century.

Probably, but the last place I'd expect to find something sketchy is a yearbook photo. Hell, until yesterday, I had no idea med schools had yearbooks.

Probably, but the last place I'd expect to find something sketchy is a yearbook photo. Hell, until yesterday, I had no idea med schools had yearbooks.

Also, his opponent was Corey Stewart who a)had very little external support and b)may have come accross the picture and decided instead to fap furiously to it.

It’s not like it’s hard to look at 4-8 yearbooks for someone running for Governor.

We drag up posts on social media for draft picks when they were 14 within minutes of their selection.

But it would be one of the first places opposition research would look is in such places. It's their jobs to look up the past of candidates. To me, it's amazing they didn't find it. Hell, it's incredible no one has found it in past elections.

Luckily, Justin Fairfax is waiting in the wings. From what I've read about him, Fairfax could immediately become a rising Democratic star.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: is "Debacle" strong enough?

Also, his opponent was Corey Stewart who a)had very little external support and b)may have come accross the picture and decided instead to fap furiously to it.

Stewart was only in the primary. Gillespie was his general opponent. Stewart ran against Kaine for Senate in 2018.

Junebug, that doesn’t answer my question about the conservative end game here. A tit for tat for blackface pics is certainly going to end up worse for Republicans in 90s “Pimps and Hos” frat parties alone.

nm, misremembered Northam's opponent.

McAuliffe called on him to resign. That might be the final indicator that it will happen.

Last edited:
Stewart was only in the primary. Gillespie was his general opponent. Stewart ran against Kaine for Senate in 2018.

Junebug, that doesn’t answer my question about the conservative end game here. A tit for tat for blackface pics is certainly going to end up worse for Republicans in 90s “Pimps and Hos” frat parties alone.

Ugh. Good catch, got confused.

Meh, not really. I’ve seen plenty of bad stuff in MSD ones from the archive alone. And I’m sure the Eastern VA Medical School yearbook staff didn’t have the highest of editorial standards.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...irginia-medical-school-yearbook-kkk-blackface

Virginia's Governor Robert Northam posing in KKK and blackface garb in his college yearbook. Predictably democrats have been quick to come to his defense saying people shouldn't be held accountable for their actions in college. Should also be noted that the GOP pressured the resignation of Michael Ertel who had a similar blackface photo surface minus the KKK robe.

XEuzngMN

So far, Democrats Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Julian Castro, Elizabeth Warren, Corey Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Bernie Sanders have all publicly said that Northam should resign immediately. In Virginia, former Governor Terry McAuliffe has publicly called for Northam to resign, as has the VA Legislative Black Caucus, as have the Democratic members of the VA House and VA Senate. Democratic Senators Tim Kaine and Mark Warner have not called for Northam's resignation yet, but both have publicly condemned the pictures and criticized Northam for making them. To date, I haven't seen any prominent Democrats in VA or elsewhere defending Northam, and the great majority have not only criticized him, but have publicly said he should step down.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/democrats-call-on-northam-to-resign/index.html

What’s the conservative end game on this?

Force Northam out and the promising young black Lt. Governor takes over. They went through all that trouble to defeat Gillum and Abrams just to help install a black Governor in the south a few months later. Good job good effort.

Is it some “Democrats are racists too” stuff? You won’t find much surprise that an old white guy did some questionable stuff in the 80s.
I dont see any problem with Republicans holding Democrats to the same standard of conduct that Dems attempt to hold them to. Even if they have a strategy behind it, who cares?

It seems to me that there should be some level of politically incorrect/racially offensive actions that just generally disqualify a person from higher office. Not necessarily as a punishment for those actions, but as a recognition of the office itself.

Last edited:
So far, Democrats Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Julian Castro, Elizabeth Warren, Corey Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Bernie Sanders have all publicly said that Northam should resign immediately. In Virginia, former Governor Terry McAuliffe has publicly called for Northam to resign, as has the VA Legislative Black Caucus, as have the Democratic members of the VA House and VA Senate. Democratic Senators Tim Kaine and Mark Warner have not called for Northam's resignation yet, but both have publicly condemned the pictures and criticized Northam for making them. To date, I haven't seen any prominent Democrats in VA or elsewhere defending Northam, and the great majority have not only criticized him, but have publicly said he should step down.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/democrats-call-on-northam-to-resign/index.html

Dick Saslaw, Dem Minority Leader in the Virginia Senate is defending Northam. I know Saslaw - always found him to be a sensible and articulate legislator. He's never had a problem spitting into the wind.

Dick Saslaw, Dem Minority Leader in the Virginia Senate is defending Northam. I know Saslaw - always found him to be a sensible and articulate legislator. He's never had a problem spitting into the wind.

That's one. Democrats in the VA Senate as a whole have called for Northam to step down. Saslaw really is spitting into the wind on this one.

Fine by me. Clean house if need be.

A person can’t be an effective representative of his or her constituents with a picture like that in the public domain. I don’t care if they are a donkey, pub, or whatever.

What about a golden shower video?

Back