• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

The notion that real life stops when you enter your office/school/business/agency/etc. and that allowing your personal life into work hours is unprofessional by definition needs to die a quick death. It’s a huge reason why America has an enormous work-life balance crisis.

The irony is that sailor actually is the Clinton News Network. The only time I ever hear about them is when he posts some bullshit.

Well said, birdman. I rarely see liberals talk about her.

you guys are so silly and ridiculous; the Clintons have been a leading force for the dems for over two and a half decades, strong enough to fix their primaries and debates, and you think that just because a couple of you are starting to get embarrassed about them they will just fade away, forget it, the Clintons are not going anywhere, you are going to have to forcefully exorcise them if you want to speed up the process of expelling them from the core of the dem party

even if you have been too dumb and cowardly to do it on your own, you are likely to get a little help in the near future, we'll see if you have the intelligence to take advantage of it, or if you reflexively revert to defending them directly or indirectly

They've been forcefully exorcised. Either way, this is the "New Hope" thread.

Conservatives keep bringing her up. Why do you think that is?

First of all, she keeps bringing herself up. Second, conservatives enjoy the increasing discomfort and disarray she seems to be causing over yonder. Third, the dems keep apologizing for her - either directly or indirectly - demonstrating their inability to shake her. Fourth, obviously, talking about the Clintons does not help the dems.

I forgot to mention, fifth, she is such a monumental jerk on the other side that she is hard to ignore.

Note: stay tuned for additional reasons.

First of all, she keeps bringing herself up. Second, conservatives enjoy the increasing discomfort and disarray she seems to be causing over yonder. Third, the dems keep apologizing for her - either directly or indirectly - demonstrating their inability to shake her. Fourth, obviously, talking about the Clintons does not help the dems.

Actually, she's been pretty quiet over the past 18 months for a major politician who's now retired. Of course she makes some public statements from time to time, but it's Fox News and the right that keep bringing her up, not liberals, as others have pointed out here. The obsession is all on your side, not the liberal one. There is no "increasing discomfort and disarray" about Hillary. She lost the election over a year and a half ago, and is finished politically. She's not going to run for another office, no matter how much the GOP may desperately want her to. The "increasing discomfort and disarray" is actually a much better description of what Donald Trump is doing to Republicans and his supporters, which is just another example of how conservatives love to project their problems and weaknesses onto liberals.

To any objective person it should be clear that the obsession with the Clintons is nearly all on the GOP side. Hell, Fox News can't stop talking about her, even when she's not said anything or is in the news. They actually had a story recently in which they sent a reporter to virtually stalk her in the woods in her hometown in NY. At this point, I don't think the great majority of Independent voters care about Hillary, and bringing her up incessantly isn't going to hurt the Dems as much as you think. You can blame her for everything, but she's not the POTUS, or even holding a political office. It's becoming a dry well for the GOP, but they still can't let it go. Conservatives always need a boogeyman to run against - for years it was FDR, then Truman, then the Kennedys, then Tip O'Neill under Reagan, then Bill Clinton, and then Obama, with Hillary being an all-purpose boogeywoman for the past 25 years. Now it's Pelosi. I'm sure that as 2020 approaches they'll find someone new to demonize and scare their base with.

If you want some proof of the continuing right-wing obsession with a defeated (and retired) politician, here's the link with the Fox reporter in her hometown: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/371110-fox-news-host-searches-for-hillary-clinton-in-the-woods

Last edited:
Hillary inserted herself into the news by having the temerity to show up at Barbara Bush's funeral.

Hillary inserted herself into the news by having the temerity to show up at Barbara Bush's funeral.

Indeed. If she left her home to go shopping or to dinner with friends, Fox and other right-wing outlets would complain that she is still "keeping herself in the spotlight" by going out in public. Apparently, they won't be happy until she becomes a shut-in and hermit, and never says anything publicly about any topic whatsoever.

Last edited:
Indeed. If she leaves her home to go shopping or to dinner with friends, Fox and other right-wing outlets complain that she is still "keeping herself in the spotlight" by going out in public. Apparently, they won't be happy until she becomes a shut-in and hermit, and never says anything publicly about any topic whatsoever.

just keep thinking bullshit like this, it's your speed

just keep thinking bullshit like this, it's your speed

LOL. You literally said this just a few posts ago, sailor: I forgot to mention, fifth, she is such a monumental jerk on the other side that she is hard to ignore.

So you admit that the right-wing media focuses on her because she's "such a monumental jerk...and hard to ignore", yet you then complain about me simply pointing out that right-wing media is obsessed with her because they hate her and think she's a jerk. Contradict much?

Indeed. If she left her home to go shopping or to dinner with friends, Fox and other right-wing outlets would complain that she is still "keeping herself in the spotlight" by going out in public. Apparently, they won't be happy until she becomes a shut-in and hermit, and never says anything publicly about any topic whatsoever.

your post is absurd and bullshit

your post is absurd and bullshit

Yet somehow Fox sends reporters into the woods to report on Hillary's doings, and to interview her neighbors. They're not obsessed with her at all. Yet I'm sure it's absurd, sailor, just keep telling yourself that.

100% chance that sailor furiously attempts to beat his septuagenarian meat to a picture of Clinton.

Less than 10% chance it works.

I think CNNsailor is the best and most effective parody on the tunnels. He really baits people into old arguments about Hillary. Bravo sailor.

I wish we had a real conservative poster in the tunnels who could explain and defend conservative philosophy but instead we have Clinton obsessed sailor and heads-will-roll-Moonz.

Back