• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Hillary wasn't a bad candidate. I believe she would've been a good President.

The biggest reason Hillary wasn't a good candidate was decades of right-wing smears took their toll.

Imagine this same demand for partisanship, except about actual meaningful politics, instead of generic team membership.

right, losing the presidency to a treasonous troll isn't meaningful. better to focus our efforts on debating what we should do with murderers instead of putting them in jail

right, losing the presidency to a treasonous troll isn't meaningful. better to focus our efforts on debating what we should do with murderers instead of putting them in jail
Trump could be Satan himself, you're still just damning yourself to an endless cycle of reactionary political waves. Anger fades, and voters forget. Defeating Trump isnt as important as preventing the next Trump, and preventing the next Republican takeover.

if everyone wrote in Bernie, then Trump wouldn't be president

I blame anyone that didn't write in Bernie

same logic

While we're bullshitting, I blame everyone that didnt vote for Jill Stein. Hillary had too much baggage, was under FBI investigation, didnt use crystal healing power

lol

Remember that Junebug didn’t vote for trump.

It's the old bkf defense - "Trump voters and supporters are not responsible for Trump, even though they voted for him and have defended pretty much everything he's done, with enthusiasm. No, it's all the Democrats fault for nominating that corrupt and bitchy woman, even though Trump is corruption personified, and Republicans would have voted for Trump no matter who the Democrats had nominated."

But then Hillary would be president. And even though she wouldn't actively be trying to ruin America and support Russia, I just don't like her much.

that's a fine excuse but it doesn't absolve you of culpability
They both lost, bud. No silver medals in presidential elections. You made the wrong choice, and we're all enduring the consequences of that.

They both lost, bud. No silver medals in presidential elections. You made the wrong choice, and we're all enduring the consequences of that.

You're right, i should've just voted for Mickey Mouse. Since the Bernie bros handed PA to Trump anyway, i could've sat back and told everyone my protest vote was actually the better choice because it taught everyone a valuable lesson.

This isn’t the claim that is being made in this thread. The claim is that Johnson voters are responsible for Trump, which I reject. I voted for Johnson because I believe he was the best candidate.

Dude, you just posted that "donkeys are responsible for Trump for nominating such a shitty candidate." So, if you're not saying that Democrats are responsible for Trump because they dared to nominate Hillary (and that, by implication, Republicans are not responsible), what are you saying? That claim - that the people who voted for Trump and have devoutly supported him ever since aren't responsible for his election or presidency, because the Democrats nominated Hillary - has been made numerous times on these boards by conservatives, so it's hardly irrelevant.

that's a fine excuse but it doesn't absolve you of culpability

This is not a difficult concept. On Tuesday, November 8, 2016, there was a Presidential election. Only two candidates had a chance to win, Hillary and Trump (like it or not, that is reality -- I know there are several people here who are living in an alternate reality, and maybe we are all living in the matrix, but that's not the topic). Here are the groups of people to blame for giving us a rapist, sexually assaulting, racist, orange, criminal, business-bankrupting, Russian agent as President (note -- as this seems difficult to grasp for some reason -- none of these groups is solely responsible), in order of their level of stupidity and culpability:

1) Rubes who voted for Trump
2) People who voted for Gary Johnson, Bernie, Stein, or wrote in Howard Stern or anyone else, or stayed home, whether out of principle or apathy.

End of story. If you do not understand this, you too might be a rube.

Last edited:
Back