• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: is "Debacle" strong enough?

That seems... fine? It's a deep blue district, the only real race is the primary.

I do love the "at least one House Democrat" sourcing, though.

Yeah. That’s what I thought too. No big deal but it seems like silly rumormongering. I don’t think AOC would care if she had a primary challenger.

Abrams is a great choice to give the response. Bodes well for a future senate campaign.

but what about the Chuck and Nancy Show? the best visuals without dropping

Poor knuckle dragging GOPers won't be able to recycle ready made Chuck and Nancy jokes... you and the rest of Mike Huckabee's staff will have to work hard to come up with new material that doesn't sound too racist or sexist.

Who am I kidding, GOP doesn't care if it sounds racist or sexist, in fact, they seem to prefer it.

but what about the Chuck and Nancy Show? the best visuals without dropping

Chuck and Nancy >>>>>>>>>stable genius "it's cold today so climate change isn't real" hamburgliar best Christian real Catholic American gold toilet selfish lazy elitist teasonist traitor Trump

A more conservative, probably older, Democrat defeating AOC in a primary would really impress younger Democrats and women, I'm sure. Sounds as if it's just rumors, but if any well-funded challenger to AOC emerges, I would examine the money people behind the candidate and look at what they're really after. No doubt she's ruffled some feathers among older (old) Establishment Dems in NY, and they're probably as privately worried about her popularity and celebrity as the GOP. I don't think any Democrat would have much of a chance, though.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: is "Debacle" strong enough?

AOC has the charisma, popularity, and social media to out punch her weigh class in almost any blue district. Defending her home turf should be easy. I think a year from now though Democrats from the left and centrist wings of the party will be hesitant to draw resources away from defeating Trump and particularly Senate Republicans. I think there may be a few fringe challenges or self-funded people but no big organized efforts.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...irginia-medical-school-yearbook-kkk-blackface

Virginia's Governor Robert Northam posing in KKK and blackface garb in his college yearbook. Predictably democrats have been quick to come to his defense saying people shouldn't be held accountable for their actions in college. Should also be noted that the GOP pressured the resignation of Michael Ertel who had a similar blackface photo surface minus the KKK robe.

XEuzngMN

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...irginia-medical-school-yearbook-kkk-blackface

Virginia's Governor Robert Northam posing in KKK and blackface garb in his college yearbook. Predictably democrats have been quick to come to his defense saying people shouldn't be held accountable for their actions in college. Should also be noted that the GOP pressured the resignation of Michael Ertel who had a similar blackface photo surface minus the KKK robe.

XEuzngMN

I responded to this in the 2020 thread, but I think this is where the discussion should go anyway so I’ll repost:

This is disgusting. He can spare us the youthful mistake excuse, the different times excuse, the no excuse excuse, etc. Just resign and go away. Give the job to Fairfax and let's move forward.

No way he survives the weekend. He’s got to go now. The Dem leadership has to make it abundantly clear.

XEuzngMN

looks like the Grand Donkey Apology Tour is now gonna be joined by people who are not candidates for president. Next up, AOC is going to apologize for being born cisgender

The difference here is the prominent Democrats will call for him to step down and not support him will being troubled or get all offended at this being a media conspiracy

The difference here is the prominent Democrats will call for him to step down and not support him will being troubled or get all offended at this being a media conspiracy

Yep no that will happen. Sure will....

In a statement to the Washington Post, Senate Minority Leader Richard L. Saslaw (D-Fairfax) defended Northam. “His whole life has been about exactly the opposite and that’s what you need to examine, not something that occurred 30 years ago,” he said. “While it’s in very poor taste, I would think there is problem [sic] no one in the General Assembly who would like their college conduct examined. I would hate to have to go back and examine my two years in the Army. trust me. I was 18 years old and I was a handful, OK? His life since then has been anything but. It’s been a life of helping people, and many times for free.”

Whatamount and the HGToH need to get on the same page. Are we supposed to think that this is PC run amok and the whiney minorities need to know their place or is this an opportunity to argue the dems are hypocrites?

Go put on an episode of Tucker Carlson and figure it out.

Whatamount and the HGToH need to get on the same page. Are we supposed to think that this is PC run amok and the whiney minorities need to know their place or is this an opportunity to argue the dems are hypocrites?

Go put on an episode of Tucker Carlson and figure it out.
I think that regardless of party affiliation dressing up in a KKK robe or quite possibly being directly affiliated with the KKK sgould be disqualifying for holding public office. Republicans have already set that example by forcing a person who had a black face picture surface out of office. Not sure how this is a whataboutism.

I also think that when you called me a chink you should have been banned but hey that’s just like my opinion man.

Jesus, how does someone willingly put something like that in a yearbook in 1984? Yeah, he should resign-we can do better.

LOL at "Republicans have set the example"-yeah, if you ignore large parts of Desantis' campaign, among others.

Back