• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

the only bench we should be concerned about in 2020 is the supreme court bench

Booker
Gillibrand
One of the Castros
Sherrod Brown
Jeff Merkley

He's not mysteriously worth $300mm

Neither is Hillary.

Booker, Castro, Gillibrand, Clinton, Obama, etc. are all pretty much the exact same policy-wise. Social progressives with neoliberal economic values.

Last edited:
It's got to be an outsider, folks. Think Obama in 2004. Julian should have stayed on the outside instead of joining the Obama administration.

Speaking of Castro, wonder what happens to HUD under a Trump regime.

Michael Bloomberg probably. He's likely kicking himself for now running this time around

Gillibrand studied abroad with Connie Britton, so that's cool.

I think Mark Warner will be in the conversation as the moderate establishment candidate.

Gillibrand seems cool. I like Harris too.

I've said in the past that Warner won't do it because his wife doesn't want everything that comes with it. Anne Holton is good with it, but I see Tim as damaged goods after hooking up with Hillary.

Gillibrand is the 1 I've been pimping. Castro needs a bit more on his resume. As for Booker, he's fine - been a senator and mayor of a decent size city. But I'm really starting to wonder if we can elect another African-American in this environment. I hate saying this, but the alt right folks have been coming out of the woodwork to the point where it's almost okay to be racist in a lot of circles. Maybe 4 bad years of Trump can bring more folks to their senses. And while I still blame most of yesterday's loss on Hillary, I think there were a lot of white folks, especially ones without degrees, who were excited and anxious to vote for a candidate who has almost openly courted the alt right. This is the worst I've ever felt about our country. I mean, 2008-09 was awful from an economic perspective, but we successfully stepped away from the precipice and slowly recovered (and Obama deserves more credit than he's received for getting the Black Caucus and more Dems on board for the 2nd bailout vote). And I was pissed when we elected W, but we got over that despite a horribly unnecessary 2nd war. Even though the economy is doing okay at the moment, I've never felt worse about our political discourse and for our political future. Please convince me I'm wrong.

Neither is Hillary.

Booker, Castro, Gillibrand, Clinton, Obama, etc. are all pretty much the exact same policy-wise. Social progressives with neoliberal economic values.

I agree there is no mystery to how the Clinton's got rich.

It's kind of funny to realize that if this exercise was done in 2006 or 2014, Obama and Trump would have appeared nowhere near the list of potential nominees.

It's kind of funny to realize that if this exercise was done in 2006 or 2014, Obama and Trump would have appeared nowhere near the list of potential nominees.

Disagree about 2006. That convention speech really put him on the map.

Disagree about 2006. That convention speech really put him on the map.

You may be right about that, but I bet he would have been pretty quickly dismissed in most discussion as having "no experience". Certainly not thought of as seasoned or viable for 2008.

Back