• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I finally just read the Northam interview that caused such a commotion with the anti-abortion crowd. Anyone suggesting Northam was condoning infanticide should put down the partisan kool-aid.

Anyone who thinks there is nothing to follow up on is drinking the partsan kool-aid. I haven’t followed the story very closely, but if he subsequently clarified his remarks, I would accept that so long as the text clearly didn’t allow infanticide. People make mistakes, and maybe he just misdescribed what the bill does.

The point still remains, however, that the bill would allow abortions into the third trimester based on nothing more than the mother’s claim, signed off on by her doctor, that birthing the child would impact her mental or physical health. I think that goes too far.

So you haven't been following the story/read the bill, but you're assuming that it contains things that go too far?

So you haven't been following the story/read the bill, but you're assuming that it contains things that go too far?

Because he drinks the partisan kool aid.

Babies born and republicans still care about the life of he child, this kills the whole “republicans only care about babies before there born!111!” Talking points. Democrats morality is seemingly slipping hard by not being able to seem common sense outside of ideology.

What has the GOP done recently to help mothers who have had children? Have I missed a recent GOP program or something to help mothers with newborns?

Anyone who thinks there is nothing to follow up on is drinking the partsan kool-aid. I haven’t followed the story very closely, but if he subsequently clarified his remarks, I would accept that so long as the text clearly didn’t allow infanticide. People make mistakes, and maybe he just misdescribed what the bill does.

The point still remains, however, that the bill would allow abortions into the third trimester based on nothing more than the mother’s claim, signed off on by her doctor, that birthing the child would impact her mental or physical health. I think that goes too far.

Did you listen to the interview?

The mother’s claim and signed off on by a doctor?

We know society is at a dead end when we trust the word of trained and educated medical professionals.

The mother’s claim and signed off on by a doctor?

We know society is at a dead end when we trust the word of trained and educated medical professionals.

Nothing more. I am curious what something more would be?

I’m not shocked that you don’t understand what the law is about.

1) As our resident Constitutional scholar, you should be 100% for people believing what they want to believe and expressing it because freedom of speech is a pillar of our country’s founding
2) Not everyone has to subscribe to your exact morals and beliefs
3) You are (probably intentionally) misrepresenting the issue and are just flat out wrong in your assertion

Last edited:
Color me shocked that the Tunnels is full of people who are cool with abortion up until the moment of birth.

Fucking hell. You guys have lost your way. This might as well be infanticide.

If the fetus has some fatal defect that will without a doubt end in death with in a few minutes or hours after birth, why not abort it at the end of the pregnancy, prior to labor and delivery, ending its suffering and eliminating the risk of labor and delivery to the mother? Maybe I’m missing something here.

Color me shocked that the Tunnels is full of people who are cool with abortion up until the moment of birth.

Fucking hell. You guys have lost your way. This might as well be infanticide.

Did you watch the interview?

You keep throwing out the doctor’s agreement as if it’s a small thing. That doesn’t seem like a small thing.

Have you ever been to a doctor? Have you ever had one disagree with you if you tell them something is going to cause you mental stress?

I’ve never been pregnant. I never will be. It’s kinda my motivation for being pro choice. I trust that women and their medical professionals will not treat these decisions cavalierly. I don’t trust a bunch of old white men to make these decisions more than I trust women.

If the opinion of the mother and doctor are not enough for you, what is?

Have you ever been the CEO of a public company? Will you be? Do you think this disqualifies you from having an opinion regarding their reporting obligations to the Securities Exchance Commission?

Have I offered said opinion?

If the fetus has some fatal defect that will without a doubt end in death with in a few minutes or hours after birth, why not abort it at the end of the pregnancy, prior to labor and delivery, ending its suffering and eliminating the risk of labor and delivery to the mother? Maybe I’m missing something here.

How would the fetus be removed from the mother's uterus?

Back