• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Credibility to journalists should count less than nothing in who is nominee of a party. This is especially true to today.

I never claimed to be either of those things. I'm unapologetically biased against authority and wealth, and i'm certainly biased in support of women who claim they were raped. Abso-fucking-lutely.

got it. You're saying the following about people who don't believe Reade based on what journalists have uncovered, "You're not fucking objective in the least, you're just regurgitating all the dumb character assassination shit the media is spewing out," and saying they are not even handed, but not holding yourself to any standard of objectivity. It's just good to know that I shouldn't value anything you are saying on the topic.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: debacle 69% of the time, every time

It's always some dumb shit gotcha with you. It would be a lot better if you just said what you thought from the beginning. Biden isn't on trial, and most likely will never be. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be consequences *If* the public deemed the allegations credible. They clearly don't.

Why wouldn’t Biden be on trial if the allegations are credible? Would you be satisfied if Weinstein only had to step down as head of his studio? Of course not.

Your game is completely obvious.

You don’t care if the allegations are credible because you haven’t explained what would lead you to believe they aren’t credible.

You don’t want Biden punished for the crime you think he committed because putting him on trial isn’t even in the realm of possibility for you.

So it’s simply political. You just don’t want Biden to be the nominee. It’s not about waiting a rapist to be punished. It’s about punishing someone who doesn’t share your beliefs.

I actually care about sexual assault regardless of who is involved. If these allegations are credible, Joe Biden should stand trial and if he’s found guilty, he should go to prison. The same should be true for anyone accused of sexual assault whether I share the same politics as them or not.

Why wouldn’t Biden be on trial if the allegations are credible? Would you be satisfied if Weinstein only had to step down as head of his studio? Of course not.

Your game is completely obvious.

You don’t care if the allegations are credible because you haven’t explained what would lead you to believe they aren’t credible.

You don’t want Biden punished for the crime you think he committed because putting him on trial isn’t even in the realm of possibility for you.

So it’s simply political. You just don’t want Biden to be the nominee. It’s not about waiting a rapist to be punished. It’s about punishing someone who doesn’t share your beliefs.

I actually care about sexual assault regardless of who is involved. If these allegations are credible, Joe Biden should stand trial and if he’s found guilty, he should go to prison. The same should be true for anyone accused of sexual assault whether I share the same politics as them or not.

I think you might overestimate mdmh’s abilities as a tax payer. Short of RJKarl, I’m not sure anybody on here has the ability to put Joe Biden on trial at the moment. Your game is obvious, Ph. It’s tired.

Ph never lets up with the disingenuous bullshit. Over and over, for years, I post myriad example of how i'm biased against and distrustful of powerful and wealthy people, particularly as it relates to victimhood of the less powerful. Still somehow, my even giving Tara Reade the benefit of the doubt in claiming that she was raped 25 years ago, it must be due to my grande delusions of Joe Biden losing the nomination and Bernie sweeping in to steal it from him. You guys have great imaginations, but have you considered its possible that I truly just think Biden might have fingered the lady without her consent? She's been telling * A version* of the story for 25 damn years. The notion that she's held a 25 year grudge for losing a job, she had for 8-fucking-months, is preposterous. I just don't prescribe to this grand conspiracy against Biden that's got your all's asses so red. What sinister cabal watched Donald Fucking Trump get elected for President and thought *this* would derail a candidacy in 2020? There's some real liberal Q-Anon mindset happing here, and i'm not partaking in it.

Last edited:
So, you'd ruin someone's life over "MIGHT HAVE". Would it be OK for your life to be ruined over something that "MIGHT HAVE" happened?

It's not just a "grudge". She also supported Biden's opponent. It's not about her changing her story over twenty-five years. It's about practicing that story and changing it over and over in the past month.

What do Trump, Epstein, Weinstein, Cosby have in common? They accosted dozens of women each. This is the pattern of rapists. The entire concept that Biden may have gotten away with assaulting one woman, never did it before or after is counter to the psyche of those who commit sexual assault and more.

BTW, Biden was the poorest member of the Senate throughout his stay.

All this talk does is help re-elect Trump.

Last edited:
So, you'd ruin someone's life over "MIGHT HAVE". Would it be OK for your life to be ruined over something that "MIGHT HAVE" happened?

It's not just a "grudge". She also supported Biden's opponent. It's not about her changing her story over twenty-five years. It's about practicing that story and changing it over and over in the past month.

What do Trump, Epstein, Weinstein, Cosby have in common? They accosted dozens of women each. This is the pattern of rapists. The entire concept that Biden may have gotten away with assaulting one woman, never did it before or after is counter to the psyche of those who commit sexual assault and more.

BTW, Biden was the poorest member of the Senate throughout his stay.

All this talk does is help re-elect Trump.
Was this about Kavanaugh?

Kavanaugh had multiple accusers. He also disqualified himself from consideration by promising revenge on those who questioned him.

Ph never lets up with the disingenuous bullshit. Over and over, for years, I post myriad example of how i'm biased against and distrustful of powerful and wealthy people, particularly as it relates to victimhood of the less powerful. Still somehow, my even giving Tara Reade the benefit of the doubt in claiming that she was raped 25 years ago, it must be due to my grande delusions of Joe Biden losing the nomination and Bernie sweeping in to steal it from him. You guys have great imaginations, but have you considered its possible that I truly just think Biden might have fingered the lady without her consent? She's been telling * A version* of the story for 25 damn years. The notion that she's held a 25 year grudge for losing a job, she had for 8-fucking-months, is preposterous. I just don't prescribe to this grand conspiracy against Biden that's got your all's asses so red. What sinister cabal watched Donald Fucking Trump get elected for President and thought *this* would derail a candidacy in 2020? There's some real liberal Q-Anon mindset happing here, and i'm not partaking in it.

So you admit that you're biased against and distrustful of powerful and wealthy people based on your beliefs, but think it's some "real liberal Q-Anon mindset" when I call you out for being against and distrustful of Biden based on your beliefs.

Strick, I don't know what you're trying to do. I'm not saying MDMH can put Biden on trial. I'm asking if he thinks someone who he believes is a rapist should be put on trial. He won't say yes.

I have a tough time believing anybody earnestly thinks Biden is a rapist if they don't want that rapist to be punished for it. If you "truly just think Biden might have fingered the lady without her consent" and you're content with Biden stepping down as the nominee, that's all you wanted in the first place.

Last edited:
So you admit that you're biased against and distrustful of powerful and wealthy people based on your beliefs, but think it's some "real liberal Q-Anon mindset" when I call you out for being against and distrustful of Biden based on your beliefs.

Strick, I don't know what you're trying to do. I'm not saying MDMH can put Biden on trial. I'm asking if he thinks someone who he believes is a rapist should be put on trial. He won't say yes.

I have a tough time believing anybody earnestly thinks Biden is a rapist if they don't want that rapist to be punished for it. If you "truly just think Biden might have fingered the lady without her consent" and you're content with Biden stepping down as the nominee, that's all you wanted in the first place.

Not speaking for Strickland or mdmh, but I don't think our shitty criminal justice system should be the standard for Biden taking personal responsibility, or the DNC taking action if they find the accusations credible. There were a number of charges that Cosby wasn't prosecuted on due to statue of limitations, for one-not sure if those laws apply here.

Until Hannibal Buress started using Cosby in his stand-up, it wasn't really talked about.

Not speaking for Strickland or mdmh, but I don't think our shitty criminal justice system should be the standard for Biden taking personal responsibility, or the DNC taking action if they find the accusations credible. There were a number of charges that Cosby wasn't prosecuted on due to statue of limitations, for one-not sure if those laws apply here.

I’m not talking about a criminal standard. I’m talking about a desired outcome. If you earnestly believe Biden is a rapist, then simply dropping out shouldn’t be a suitable punishment.

I'm impressed that Ph went from a simple misinterpretion to such a well developed straw man argument. To be clear, when I said "I don't give a shit about legalism" I was saying that my good faith belief in Tara Reade isn't based on the legal standards required to put Biden on trial. I never said anything as stupid and ridiculous as "rapists shouldn't go to trial". Just because Tara Reade's allegations are unverifiable doesn't mean she is lying. At this point I don't think Tara Reade has any substantiating evidence to which she could even make criminal or civil charges.

Last edited:
I am giving up on this discussion. I don't think it is reasonable to be fully convinced either way that Reade is a lair or that Biden is a rapist. I think that is an uncertainty that we will have to carry with us to the voting booth this fall. Really wish the Dems had nominated someone form whom this kind of problem was extremely unlikely instead of an old white guy with a long and known history of creepy interactions with women.

Kavanaugh had multiple accusers. He also disqualified himself from consideration by promising revenge on those who questioned him.

Kavanaugh had two accusers, and one of those was without question not credible.

The latest crazy thing to come out of this Reade story yesterday by CNN.

Reade told CNN that she received a bachelor of arts degree from Antioch University in Seattle under the auspices of a “protected program,” personally working with the former president of the school to ensure her identity was protected while she obtained credits for her degree. She also said that she was a visiting professor at the school, on and off for five years.
Presented with this, Karen Hamilton, an Antioch University spokesperson, told CNN that “Alexandra McCabe attended but did not graduate from Antioch University. She was never a faculty member. She did provide several hours of administrative work.”
An Antioch University official told CNN that such a “protected program” does not exist and never has.

Back