• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

That was all in the Mitchell plan that Arafat initially agreed to then reneged...I'm sorry to use historical fact....

on the debacle side, Larry Summers is advising the Biden campaign

I don't want this to get lost amidst an impending rj meltdown.

Here's the People's Policy Project's/Bruenig's take:

When Obama came into office, one of the very first things he had to do was pass a fiscal stimulus plan to deal with the effects of the Great Recession. According to reporting from Noam Scheiber, the job of deciding how big the stimulus should be was initially given to Christy Romer, the soon-to-be chief White House economist. Romer calculated that closing the gap caused by the Great Recession would require a stimulus of $1.7-to-$1.8 trillion and presented her figures to Larry Summers, Obama’s top economic advisor.

Summers decided unilaterally that Romer’s figures were impractical. So Romer got working again, producing a second proposal of $1.2 trillion that also included options for $600 billion and $850 billion. Summers again decided to unilaterally kill the $1.2 trillion proposal and eventually president-elect Obama was presented a choice between $600 billion and $850 billion. The $850 billion figure, which was $1 trillion too small, eventually became the basis for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (aka the stimulus bill). So, despite unified Democratic control of government, the Obama administration put forward a stimulus plan that was never going to come anywhere close to solving the macroeconomic problem of the day.

No. Still unsettling to hear someone say "palestinians are to blame for their own oppression" so directly. Mask off.

I never said anything like that. I said the reason they don't have a state is on them.

After that time, Netanyahu has been a bane to the region.

What a load of crap! If not for Arafat and Hezbollah, the United States would have created a Palestinian State over twenty years ago. That agreement included full recognition of the Palestinian State, giving back 97% of the land taken in the war the Palestinians started, an international airport, full access to jobs and stores in Israel, guest worker status and much more.

The Palestinians are the reason why there isn't a Palestinian State and why Netanyahu won all those elections and immorally expanded illegal settlements.

Yeah but they feel* differently. Facts need not apply.

Peoples distorted world view based off of a deep seeded guilt complex always amazes me. Then there’s MHBD who is doing it in a failing desperate attempt to fuck hairy legged lesbian feminists down at his artisan coffee shop.

By now, you should know I don't care about that.

What part of my post isn't 100% historically accurate?

That was all in the Mitchell plan that Arafat initially agreed to then reneged...I'm sorry to use historical fact....

I hesitate to get into this for obvious reasons but are you referring to the Mitchell Report? Which states:

“However, there is also no evidence on which to conclude that the PA made a consistent effort to contain the demonstrations and control the violence once it began; or that the [Government of Israel] made a consistent effort to use non-lethal means to control demonstrations of unarmed Palestinians. Amid rising anger, fear, and mistrust, each side assumed the worst about the other and acted accordingly.

The Sharon visit did not cause the "Al-Aqsa Intifada." But it was poorly timed and the provocative effect should have been foreseen; indeed it was foreseen by those who urged that the visit be prohibited. More significant were the events that followed: the decision of the Israeli police on September 29 to use lethal means against the Palestinian demonstrators; and the subsequent failure, as noted above, of either party to exercise restraint.”

And which Sharon fundamentally disagreed with the recommendation that would require a freeze of new Israeli settlements?

"I hesitate to get into this for obvious reasons "

I thought we were allegedly past passive-aggressive insults. I guess I was wrong.

"I hesitate to get into this for obvious reasons "

I thought we were allegedly past passive-aggressive insults. I guess I was wrong.

No the obvious reason is that people don’t just casually debate about Israel and Palestine. Nothing to do with you. I haven’t suggested otherwise.

What a load of crap! If not for Arafat and Hezbollah, the United States would have created a Palestinian State over twenty years ago. That agreement included full recognition of the Palestinian State, giving back 97% of the land taken in the war the Palestinians started, an international airport, full access to jobs and stores in Israel, guest worker status and much more.

The Palestinians are the reason why there isn't a Palestinian State and why Netanyahu won all those elections and immorally expanded illegal settlements.

Also, Trump is the Dems fault.

I downloaded a copy if anybody wants it.

We have reached the point where Joe Biden probably needs to address these sexual assault allegations, right?

Back