Page 258 of 267 FirstFirst ... 158208248253254255256257258259260261262263 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 5338

Thread: Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Brad wishes Hillary a Happy Birthday.

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Winning the climate change debate is and has never been about more convincing arguments, education, better data, better models, it has always been about money and power. We need more money and power.

Probably not an either/or. Maybe a both/and.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    You guys never change.
    What do you hope to accomplish by rehashing this shit every time a thing happens w/r/t an agenda item

The same goddamn discussion every time. Democrats are a coalition of moderates and progressives with different ideas. Constant conflict. Republicans are a minority bloc unified and hardened by their shared understanding that any break in their ranks = zero power and their shared desire to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Probably not an either/or. Maybe a both/and.
    We have decades of evidence that good convincing arguments and data on climate change will not over come wealthy entrench interests buying up votes in Congress.
    Birds are real.

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    What do you hope to accomplish by rehashing this shit every time a thing happens w/r/t an agenda item
    It's a message board so not really trying to accomplish anything. Just giving my opinion that the constituencies that allow the republicans to maintain power don't seem very receptive to the progressive political message in regards to winning elections. I think my explanation is pretty accurate as to how these people view things but opinions can vary

You guys never change. I'm glad Strickland's back with his idiotic political takes imagine he will try to craft me into bkf now.
    I'm only as good as the material you gift me, my friend.
    We're going to be good again.

this is some hardcore never changing, you guy
    We're going to be good again.

Dickie Hemric
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    We have decades of evidence that good convincing arguments and data on climate change will not over come wealthy entrench interests buying up votes in Congress.

...and running successful misinformation campaigns.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

In case you haven't figured it out I would consider myself an urban elite.

In case you haven't figured it out I would consider myself an urban elite.
    I thought you lived in Greensboro.

It's a message board so not really trying to accomplish anything. Just giving my opinionÖ
    Brother, we *got* your opinion, loud and clear. Thereís no need for you to walk it back. Iíve told you all along that your concern trolling ďspeaking on behalf of conservative swing voters* schtick was unconvincing. No need to put the mask back on.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    I thought you lived in Greensboro.
    In the urban rural divide of the United States politically Greensboro is urban.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    The same goddamn discussion every time. Democrats are a coalition of moderates and progressives with different ideas. Constant conflict. Republicans are a minority bloc unified and hardened by their shared understanding that any break in their ranks = zero power and their shared desire to do nothing.
    Yep. And itís not unique to US politics in this particular time. Itís a story as old as time. Many many books, myths, fables, religions, comic books, movies, etc are about a rag tag group of flawed people learning to work together to overcome some looming evil. We know these stories are born from human experiences but we act shocked and dismayed when young activists canít convince establishment leaders and mainstream media that Voldemort hasnít been defeated and his death eaters are amassing power.

I disagree with you
    perhaps the stories about rag tag groups combining to win is such a popular trope is because it happens so rarely in real life

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Brother, we *got* your opinion, loud and clear. Thereís no need for you to walk it back. Iíve told you all along that your concern trolling ďspeaking on behalf of conservative swing voters* schtick was unconvincing. No need to put the mask back on.
    If that was really the case i could just vote GOP.

If you can, imagine a world where Voldemort was extremely racist, and Harry Potter was ya know, also racist but much quieter and subtle about it, and the world was controlled by death eaters whether or not Voldemort defeated Harry Potter, which he did every 4-8 years, also Voldemort never died, when he lost he just sort of hung out and controlled Harry Potterís narrative AND THE MUGGLE WORLD HUNG IN THE BALANCE
    Draxx them sklounst

Who are the muggles in this scenario? Disengaged people who don't vote?

I disagree with you
    wizards are a bunch of assholes for having magic but letting muggles struggle through a mundane existence

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    wizards are a bunch of assholes for having magic but letting muggles struggle through a mundane existence
    Is magic elite higher education in this metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    yes
    semi-aquatic like otters be.