• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Yep, you know what's better for black people than black people do...got it...

The Congressional Black Caucus and Jim Clyburn endorsed Eliot Engel over Jamaal Bowman, and if that doesn't tell you the truth about these bullshit "class vs race" debates then nothing will. Black representation doesn't mean shit if the black candidate doesn't serve the political establishment. Keep in mind, they didn't *have* to endorse anyone.

By class, do you mean Clyburn endorsing someone that he’s worked with for 27 years over someone he probably doesn’t know?

Geez, man. That’s some BKF monolith bullshit right there.

By class, do you mean Clyburn endorsing someone that he’s worked with for 27 years over someone he probably doesn’t know?

Geez, man. That’s some BKF monolith bullshit right there.

There's a monolith alright, its just not racial. The CBC as a group with enormous sway, is infamous for supporting entrenched moderate and even conservative Democrats vs more progressive challengers. Very often those entrenched politicians are black, and their challengers aren't, and that is a big reason why those efforts go unquestioned. This being one of the few recent examples where that isn't the case. You can make that "monolith" smear all you want - you cant deny the clear ideological sway of the CBC and how its detrimental to the progressive movement

I'm glad you get it, now you can shut up

Or maybe you explain you paternalistic outlook towards black people...or maybe you can ask POTUS each of you think you know what's best for millions of people more than the actual people do.

I can spot the difference between “I’m disappointed the CBC endorsed Engel” and “they don’t know what’s best for them”

The power struggle within the party between Justice Dems/Sunrise Movement (or as Chris derisively calls “the 30%) and the establishment does little good for either group, and race politics often divides what should be more strident class solidarity for the 99%. The best rj can do here is tell you to get in line behind power structures or else get liberal scolded, never mind the fact that the other candidate is in fact black.

It’s akin to inherent bias training in the workplace; a gesture Fortune 500 companies and woke universities take to absolve themselves of legal liability when their employees commit racial harassment, utterly decontextualized from the power structure of the office environment. The mandatory sessions (according to all available data) don’t encourage better hiring practices, don’t reduce workplace racist misconduct, and mostly function to exercise white guilt like a muscle and divide class consciousness.

There's a monolith alright, its just not racial. The CBC as a group with enormous sway, is infamous for supporting entrenched moderate and even conservative Democrats vs more progressive challengers. Very often those entrenched politicians are black, and their challengers aren't, and that is a big reason why those efforts go unquestioned. This being one of the few recent examples where that isn't the case. You can make that "monolith" smear all you want - you cant deny the clear ideological sway of the CBC and how its detrimental to the progressive movement

Did they endorse AOC’s primary opponent?

So, the CBC doesn't want systemic reform of the justice system? You're so right. They should listen to a bunch of elitist white "progressives".

As to the candidate being black, so are Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas and Tim Scott.

So, the CBC doesn't want systemic reform of the justice system? You're so right. They should listen to a bunch of elitist white "progressives".

As to the candidate being black, so are Ben Carson, Clarence Thomas and Tim Scott.

That’s Uncle Thomas to you.

Finally we got some organized Dems. They're signing up for Trump rallies and taking tickets and then not showing up.

I'm just going to throw this out here: if you've been in the House or Senate for more than 10-15 years, you're probably more of a donor/party stooge than an actual decent human being.

There are only a handful of good ones who have managed to stick around for that long in today's lobbyist controlled world without compromising themselves, and it is why I will always be for term limits.

I'm just going to throw this out here: if you've been in the House or Senate for more than 10-15 years, you're probably more of a donor/party stooge than an actual decent human being.

There are only a handful of good ones who have managed to stick around for that long in today's lobbyist controlled world without compromising themselves, and it is why I will always be for term limits.

Is there any evidence that term limits would help with this? Seems like lobbying firms can just develop candidates to replace the outgoing ones, plus the ones who reach their term limits might be forever looking to work for one of these lobbies.

Compare that video to Engel's hot mic about not wanting to speak at a BLM event unless he was being primaried.

Back