• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I really don't blame Northram for trying to fight this. We just saw Kavanaugh beat equally as credible of accusations of sexual assault by deflecting, throwing everything against the wall, and then the GOP came in to confuse and misdirect and yell as loud as possible and he got on the SCOTUS. Northram probably figures he will have some "white knights" (pardon the horrible phrasing here) in the Democratic Party rush in, deflect for him. But those people just aren't there.

Republicans care about one thing. Power.

If Roy Moore were running for something more important than a Senate seat which will flip back next election, he would’ve won as an (accused) pedophile.

That was in his yearbook? How lazy were his opponents' opposition research teams?

Lazy. Also, this was definitely leaked by the left side of the aisle and not the right. This has the markings of 'this guy is no longer valuable to us'. His recent infanticide comments were the precursor. Someone has been sitting on this for a while, and it wasn't a Republican. His infanticide comments were the best thing the Republicans have going for them right now. The last thing they want is for this guy's narrative to change.

Lazy. Also, this was definitely leaked by the left side of the aisle and not the right. This has the markings of 'this guy is no longer valuable to us'. His recent infanticide comments were the precursor. Someone has been sitting on this for a while, and it wasn't a Republican. His infanticide comments were the best thing the Republicans have going for them right now. The last thing they want is for this guy's narrative to change.

Maybe, but there's no evidence of it yet. What we do know is that it was a right-wing blog, "Big League Politics", that first released the pictures. Maybe a liberal group fed them the photos, but they don't seem to have said anything about that, at least yet.

Interesting conspiracy theory, Wrangor.

Wrangor was a big Benghazi conspiracy guy. Not new for him. Always been easily duped by fairy tales.

Just stop

The GOP doesn't care about Northam's racist pictures or past. This is just a rare golden opportunity for them to jump up and yell "See, y'all are racist bigots too...so stop calling us racists, hypocrites!" The fact that Northam also recently said some things about late-term abortion that they found offensive (or twisted out of context so as to be offended), and that he's now under siege and his career is ruined, is just icing on the cake. I'm surprised I haven't already seen some fb posts and tweets arguing that God is punishing Northam for his abortion comments by having this picture come to light. It's how much of Trump's base thinks nowadays.

Just stop

Please. That Is EXACTLY how it is done and has always been done in DC skullduggery

Just happened to coincide with the beginning of Black Hostory Month.

Interesting that abortion would take how many thousands of black babies — the two story’s make for a stomach turning convergence for some.. a shrug and a meh from others.

And why the big $ push now from PP? I bet even money that RBG — if not dead is surely gone and it is “understood” .

Good piece except Nichols seems to think Republican racism started with Trump.

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: is "Debacle" strong enough?

Please. That Is EXACTLY how it is done and has always been done in DC skullduggery

Just happened to coincide with the beginning of Black Hostory Month.

Interesting that abortion would take how many thousands of black babies — the two story’s make for a stomach turning convergence for some.. a shrug and a meh from others.

And why the big $ push now from PP? I bet even money that RBG — if not dead is surely gone and it is “understood” .

Did you just have a stroke?

He made a number of comments about the abortion bill, but the worst was his suggestion that infanticide should be on the table:

“So in this particular example if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen, the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

It’s not 100% clear what he means by the “discussion,” but, based on this quote, it is legitimate for people to ask questions about his intent.

Did you watch that interview?

I can't believe DNC Chair Tom Perez isn't leading the get him out policy towards Northam. It's an abject failure of leadership.

He made a number of comments about the abortion bill, but the worst was his suggestion that infanticide should be on the table:

“So in this particular example if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen, the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

It’s not 100% clear what he means by the “discussion,” but, based on this quote, it is legitimate for people to ask questions about his intent.

Babies born and republicans still care about the life of he child, this kills the whole “republicans only care about babies before there born!111!” Talking points. Democrats morality is seemingly slipping hard by not being able to seem common sense outside of ideology.

Immediately preceding comments might be helpful to note...

“This is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians, and the mothers and fathers that are involved,” Northam said. “When we talk about third-trimester abortions,” he added, “it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.”

Hey look! Whatamount is back. Find that post of mine yet? I’m no search expert, but I couldn’t.

Back