• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

It was a tongue-in-cheek remark in response to the accusation that Johnson, Stein, Bernie, etc., voters are responsible Trump.

Trump voters are responsible for Trump.

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, a good many of your fellow conservatives have posted similar thoughts, and meant it seriously, not as a joke.

Here are the groups of people to blame for giving us a rapist, sexually assaulting, racist, orange, criminal, business-bankrupting, Russian agent as President (note -- as this seems difficult to grasp for some reason -- none of these groups is solely responsible), in order of their level of stupidity and culpability:

1) Rubes who voted for Trump
2) People who voted for Gary Johnson, Bernie, Stein, or wrote in Howard Stern or anyone else, or stayed home, whether out of principle or apathy, that live in a swing state Trump won

FIFY.

So really not that many people that y'all are spending so much time discussing

FIFY.

So really not that many people that y'all are spending so much time discussing

yeah, those were the states where it mattered -- and, though not a ton of people in the grand scheme, still enough to swing the election.

irrespective of candidates, I'm tired of the bad math that says a vote for a third party candidate is the same as a vote for Trump

irrespective of candidates, I'm tired of the bad math that says a vote for a third party candidate is the same as a vote for Trump

hey, you only have yourself to blame for the etching on your tombstone: here lies a traitor to the republic who chose to 'make a statement' instead of doing the right thing

It's not -- those voters are one rung below Trump voters (and tied with those who don't vote at all!) on the level of stupidity and culpability on my handy and easy to follow chart.

hey, you only have yourself to blame for the etching on your tombstone: here lies a traitor to the republic who chose to 'make a statement' instead of doing the right thing

bruh, I voted for Hillary

I'm just protesting the idea that a vote for X instead of Y is the same as a vote for Z -- it's bad math

You're right, i should've just voted for Mickey Mouse. Since the Bernie bros handed PA to Trump anyway, i could've sat back and told everyone my protest vote was actually the better choice because it taught everyone a valuable lesson.
You basically did vote for Mickey Mouse. You were protesting a good president over a 'practical" president. Electability means fuck all when you dont get elected. Maybe you and Hillary can share a participation trophy.

This isn’t the claim that is being made in this thread. The claim is that Johnson voters are responsible for Trump, which I reject. I voted for Johnson because I believe he was the best candidate.

Jesus, didn't you hear him do his Q & A's leading up to the election? The man knew nothing about anything! I was going to vote him also...but then i listened to him and he knew nothing, well still more than Trump.

if you thought he was the best candidate then you have some fucked up assessment procedures.

Hillary wasn't a bad candidate. I believe she would've been a good President.

The biggest reason Hillary wasn't a good candidate was decades of right-wing smears took their toll.

So much this. It’s like shooting at someone over and over again and then blaming them for getting in the way of one of the bullets.

I don’t think you have to admit Hillary was a good candidate to be honest they she was the better choice to trump. If you didn’t see that in 2016, that’s pretty sad. If you can’t admit that now, that’s on you.

Don't y'all know how many people the Clintons straight-up MURDERED? No way people could vote for her.

Ugh I can’t even imagine how bad it’d be to have a beer with her.

Trump doesn't even drink. And he only eats steak well done with ketchup.
Not to mention his fast food habit.

That seems... fine? It's a deep blue district, the only real race is the primary.

I do love the "at least one House Democrat" sourcing, though.

Back