• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

Do you believe with more or different life experiences that you could admit you are wrong now?

I just admitted that I have been wrong by completely reversing my voting preferences. Four years ago I voted for Obama & against Burr & McCrory. This year I voted against Obama's chosen successor and for Burr & McCrory.

Is it possible that I could reverse my position in the future? Certainly. In the past 44 years I have gone from McGovern to Reagan to Obama to Trump. Don't see how anyone could accuse me of not considering both sides.

I just admitted that I have been wrong by completely reversing my voting preferences. Four years ago I voted for Obama & against Burr & McCrory. This year I voted against Obama's chosen successor and for Burr & McCrory.

Is it possible that I could reverse my position in the future? Certainly. In the past 44 years I have gone from McGovern to Reagan to Obama to Trump. Don't see how anyone could accuse me of not considering both sides.

So it's fair to say that someone who has had different life experiences than you could be right and you could be wrong regardless of age and the cost of tuition while they were in college?

Not possible. I went to a PRIVATE LAW SCHOOL.

Also, I'm sure I'm not the first person to tell you this, but you should see someone about your anger problem.

Hugs and kisses.

--Junebug

Entirely possible. No better combo than a geed all grown up as a conservative dork. Keep wallowing and defending the rednecks and racists though. The forgive those with no social skills as long as you subscribe to their ideology.

Elizabeth Warren gets me very excited. I would vote for anyone who ran against her....probably even Hillary, so that should tell you what I think of Warren. She reminds me of Rachel Maddow.

don't worry, your money is safe

A demagogue stirred up hate, and the dumbest and saddest of us latched on first, of course the fucking uneducated rednecks listened, and then, slowly but surely people who are not happy with their lives latched on. After all, it's kind of nice to think that all of the failures in your life are the work of external forces and not your own shortcomings. It gives people a place to channel all of their disappointments and frustrations and anger, they now have something to explain it away. Something to focus their hate on.

The deplorables will never be reached, they are just to fucking dumb to function; its all they can do not to accidentally kill themselves between sunrise and sunset.

But again, the worst thing to me is perfectly educated people who ignore all the hate and get down and wallow with these people. Its not just disappointing, it's gross.

You have just described the racism argument constantly being used by board liberals.

RIFA- Religious Freedom Act (people who can't spell sometimes call them RIFRA)- This allows businesses to serve gay couples.

Take the "I" out...rather than dealing with the issue, you act like this..

And add an "R". It's Religious Freedom Restoration Act. And add a "not" before serve. It allows businesses to not serve gay couples.

Come on rj. Proofread....particularly if you are going to mention people who can't spell.

Googling RIFA gets people who are trying to understand what you are saying nowhere.

Elizabeth Warren gets me very excited. I would vote for anyone who ran against her....probably even Hillary, so that should tell you what I think of Warren. She reminds me of Rachel Maddow.

What the hell did she do to Howard Dean?

Bob, would you vote for Nikki Haley?

Then you are way out of touch with the majority of people. Our country has spent most of this calendar year debating (a) cops killing black people at a rate less frequent than the victim would have to be struck by lightening; and (b) where 0.1% of people go to the bathroom. And Hillary and the lib agenda latched on to those issues that affect 0.2% of the country as actual issues. While those issues may deserve some limited attention, they are so far in the margin of issues materially affecting the country for the vast majority of people, that most people get sick of the attention as compared to the actual relevant issues: the shitshow of healthcare in the wake of Obamacare, the widening income disparity due to a loss of manufacturing jobs, and the strain on local resource. Though he didn't use much specificity, Trump at least attacked those issues head on while Hillary focused on those margins by acting to the supporters of those issues like they are relevant. Trump ignored them and focused on the actual issues (however ridiculous his focus might be). Americans voted that they wanted someone who focuses on the actual material issues, not the issues that the media focuses on vastly disproportionate to their actual relevance.

This is an absolutely great post. You nailed it perfectly.

So it's fair to say that someone who has had different life experiences than you could be right and you could be wrong regardless of age and the cost of tuition while they were in college?

Right and wrong are not determined by life experiences or the cost of college tuition. Opinions of what is right and what is wrong might be.

Right and wrong are not determined by life experiences or the cost of college tuition. Opinions of what is right and what is wrong might be.

So then there is no superiority to your life experience wrt being right?

So then there is no superiority to your life experience wrt being right?

More experience is an advantage in reaching more informed opinions, as opposed to less experience. Obviously, it is only one factor. Still, though, opinions of what is right and what is wrong do not equal what is right and what is wrong. They are only individual opinions of it. You are asking subjective questions and seeking objective answers.

Not sure if mentioned, but the completely outdated
and unnecessary electoral college, which Trump came out strongly against 4 years ago, is obviously the reason she lost. Is there any argument for it better than the arguments against it?

Sore loser. Been the system forever. Algore said the same thing in 2000. Truth is the Libs only get their majority of votes up the liberal East Coast in a concentrated area and out in the whacked out West coast with the fruits of Jerry Brown plus the nuts of Minnesota. They vote the dead in Illinois so that may never get straightened out again, especially with OBummer going back there to reunite with his pal Rahm. If The Donald starts getting all the illegals who get to vote back where they came from and Attorney General Giuliani can stop Governor's like Terry McAuliffe [and Tim Kaine who contemplated it before him] from pardoning the 206,000 convicted felons in the state of VA so they could start voting for Dems again, this country could get straightened out.

More experience is an advantage in reaching more informed opinions, as opposed to less experience. Obviously, it is only one factor. Still, though, opinions of what is right and what is wrong do not equal what is right and what is wrong. They are only individual opinions of it. You are asking subjective questions and seeking objective answers.

Just want to quote this post for future discussions.

Back