• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

2nd comment down:

Roy Alba
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
This story is a form of fake news about a fake news story. Cameron Harris writing about millions of Clinton ballots being found in an Ohio ware house are only part of the story. How convenient you didn't mention according to liberal democrat, Bev Harris who investigates election balloting, even she'll tell you Hillary was awarded 5 states she did NOT win while 3 million illegal aliens were allowed to vote. Don't forget about our muslim communist usurper President, at the time, who encouraged illegal aliens to vote in this election.

My biggest fear all along has been what comes after Trump.

Thoughts on Carrier jobs, Dec 2016

Lets think about the long-term positives of saving over a thousand american jobs. These are folks who are employed and can pump money back into the economy, rather than leech off of the system. They can now put food on the table for their kids and maybe even afford to buy their kids Christmas presents this year. Sure, you guys can spin this however you want, but to those employees and those families in Indiana, this is a VERY big deal to them and an accomplishment any way you slice it.

I'm calling keeping a thousand jobs on our soil a success for those families and in the long-term, will benefit the economy.

When Trump bends over PP and Higher Ed, I'll be here and I'll give you my opinion of it then. You have my word. Quote me if you'd like.

Carrier one year later:

‘He made promises that he didn’t keep’: Laid-off factory workers feel betrayed by Trump

The president has turned his focus to wider benefits of his tax overhaul after a campaign packed with pledges to keep jobs in the U.S.

President Donald Trump’s path to becoming “the best jobs president that God ever created” was supposed to run straight through Indianapolis and the Carrier manufacturing plant that had for decades employed thousands of workers there.

Instead, more than a year after the then-president-elect stood before a crowd of cheering workers and trumpeted a deal to save their jobs — and months after the company’s name faded from the headlines and the president himself moved on to other talking points — more than 1,500 once-employed residents are now out of work, Indiana union officials say. More than 200 Carrier employees clocked out of their final shift at the plant just last week.

“The workers that I talk to feel betrayed, because he made promises that he didn’t keep,” said Robert James, president of United Steelworkers Local 1999, which represents workers at firms including Carrier, its parent company United Technologies, Rexnord Corp. and Vertellus — all of which have laid off workers since late 2016.

At Carrier, workers found themselves at the center of the spotlight when Trump brokered a one-off deal between the firm and the state of Indiana that his team used as an example of what he would do as president. “They’re not gonna leave this country, and the workers are gonna keep their jobs,” Trump, then president-elect, said that day in December 2016.

Despite the show at the Carrier plant, the company has eliminated more than 500 jobs since July. And union officials fear that the $7 million Carrier received in state incentives as part of the Trump deal to keep jobs is only going to be invested in automation — ultimately leading to a need for even fewer employees.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/18/factory-workers-trump-jobs-345493

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that Donald Trump doesn’t mean things that he says?

Back