• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

I'm so sick of hearing this. Trump voters can be tired of being called those things all they want but they aren't inaccurate. If you don't want to be labeled a sexist, racist, xenophobe or whatever else then stop being those things.

LOL. Keep telling yourself that if it helps sooth your wounds. I just love liberal pity parties.

I have talked to a lot of folks who have voted on both sides of this election in the last 2 months. There are a lot more "God Fearing, church going people" in this country who don't appreciate getting labelled all those things in this country than you think. And they spoke during this election.

He still won with less votes than any of the last three losing candidates and only marginally ahead of the fourth. In an election with the largest number of potential voters, that number should have lost by over 5,000,000 votes. The people who spoke the loudest are those who didn't show up.

I bet if you went to a bookie and wanted to bet on 59.4M, you could have gotten at least 10-1 on that number being enough to enough to create a path to victory.

Several people said I was wrong to say she should have gone after Trump much harder. Yes, I did say this m ore than once.

in your opinion what things, and how should she have attacked trump. Her problem seemed to be nobody liked her, hard to see her aggressively attacking someone helping that.

LOL. Keep telling yourself that if it helps sooth your wounds. I just love liberal pity parties.

0cb8caface1ff562ba768176e1248e91.jpg

Bill Clinton - She couldn't get there without him and she could get there with him. He lost his political mojo in 2008 and never got it back; he became an awkward appendage that sort of offset some of the disgusting characteristics of Trump. His meeting on the tarmac with Lynch played squarely into the "rigged system" narrative. He didn't cause her to lose the election, but he wasn't the asset you would expect given his popularity. The "I feel your pain" Bill Clinton from Hope, Arkansas would have been much more helpful than the $250,000 per hour Bill Clinton from Martha's Vineyard.

Bro? lol That shit is so fucking lame.

She has actually written legislation, made deals with sitting presidents and legislators. You know, done real work for government. Created policy that worked and was a compromise. She is a lot of things, but she is no buffoon.
Cool story pops.

Breitbart became the go-to news source for millions of Americans.

in your opinion what things, and how should she have attacked trump on. Her problem seemed to be nobody liked her, hard to see her aggressively attacking someone helping that.

I posted it earlier. it could have been her or even better actual people in the ads. Here are some:

1. In MI/PA/OH,IN/WI/IA- An ad showing Trump saying we should have let the US auto industry go BK and not helped them. You could have had a couple of auto workers say, "Donald wanted to kill my job and then get cheap workers to take whatever jobs were left. Don't listen to him now. He wanted to KILL American jobs not create them."

2. In those same states, show Trump talking about manufacturing. Then show that he employed CHINESE STEELWORKERS over American steelworkers to make the steel for his buildings.

3. In FL, there should have been millions spent on his hiring practices at Mar-A-Lago. Again, he uses foreigners not Americans. Tag line, "Even when talking American jobs, Trump was asking for VISAs for foreign hotel workers and servers. How can you trust him?"

4. Slammed him over and over about BKs and even more about his treatment of women. They only one ad. There should have bene many different ads, with different women. People tune out seeing the same thing over and over.

There are others. Being over-confident and too nice were losing factors.

Republicans pick the next man up
Democrats fall in love

This cycle, those switched.

LOL. What a cute clueless elitist millennial. People like you are why Trump swept to such a stunning victory. Keep up with the faux moral outrage.

I'm a little old to be a millennial. And deplorables like you are why he won. Again, if you don't want to be called certain things, then stop being them. Pretty simple concept.

I posted it earlier. it could have been her or even better actual people in the ads. Here are some:

1. In MI/PA/OH,IN/WI/IA- An ad showing Trump saying we should have let the US auto industry go BK and not helped them. You could have had a couple of auto workers say, "Donald wanted to kill my job and then get cheap workers to take whatever jobs were left. Don't listen to him now. He wanted to KILL American jobs not create them."

2. In those same states, show Trump talking about manufacturing. Then show that he employed CHINESE STEELWORKERS over American steelworkers to make the steel for his buildings.

3. In FL, there should have been millions spent on his hiring practices at Mar-A-Lago. Again, he uses foreigners not Americans. Tag line, "Even when talking American jobs, Trump was asking for VISAs for foreign hotel workers and servers. How can you trust him?"

4. Slammed him over and over about BKs and even more about his treatment of women. They only one ad. There should have bene many different ads, with different women. People tune out seeing the same thing over and over.

There are others. Being over-confident and too nice were losing factors.

Problem there though is that traditional add buys as you suggested are not nearly as effective as they have been in the past.

I'm a little old to be a millennial. And deplorables like you are why he won. Again, if you don't want to be called certain things, then stop being them. Pretty simple concept.

In what ways has BKF been at all racist or xenophobic? Please list examples, because I haven't seen any.

pushing through obamacare when he did is the thing that really killed any chance the democrats had of building a governing consensus.

Welcome back Chris. We have missed you. I knew that reasonable moderate poster was still in there.

Back