• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

This will be a concept that goes over your head, but we shouldn't be tolerant to intolerance and ignorance. Calling someone out for being dumb and racist is the right thing to do. Tolerating that behavior is not.

If you were a Trump voter you either embraced the racism, fascism, misogyny etc or you are a complicit enabler. Tell yourself whatever you need to look yourself in the mirror in the morning, but those are the facts.

You keep using this word...

But if you believe this, please keep yelling at entire swaths of people in the country you've never met about their congenital stereotyping of others. I bet you're right that all of those people think that way. If something doesn't work, just try it harder. Kind of like your social programs.

You keep using this word...

But if you believe this, please keep yelling at entire swaths of people in the country you've never met about their congenital stereotyping of others. I bet you're right that all of those people think that way. If something doesn't work, just try it harder. Kind of like your social programs.

so you're saying the Left needs to be more PC.

A demagogue stirred up hate, and the dumbest and saddest of us latched on first, of course the fucking uneducated minorities listened, and then, slowly but surely people who are not happy with their lives latched on. After all, it's kind of nice to think that all of the failures in your life are the work of external forces and not your own shortcomings. It gives people a place to channel all of their disappointments and frustrations and anger, they now have something to explain it away. Something to focus their hate on.

The race-baiters will never be reached, they are just to fucking dumb to function; its all they can do not to accidentally kill themselves between sunrise and sunset.

But again, the worst thing to me is perfectly educated people who ignore all the hate and get down and wallow with these people. Its not just disappointing, it's gross.

FIFY to sum up the Obama campaigns.

Wow. Public School Gingers not being able to read was not a stereotype I was aware of. Learn something new every day.

I didn't say that all Trump supporters were racists. I said that if you listen to a years worth of rhetoric and hate and still vote for the guy, you are either racist or you condone the actions of those who are.

Racism, misogyny, xenophobia and fascism aren't like policy positions you can pick and choose piecemeal, like saying We'll I like Romney's trade policies but not his idea on healthcare. You either vote for the hate or your don't. It say something about your character if you can ignore the hate speech and pull the lever anyway.

Lots of people don't like Trump either, but he had some very clear core messages and represented change.

I agree with this, and I think we will all soon learn what some of us already knew -- that his core messages are just that and he has no actual plans/ideas, and that change for change's sake isn't the best idea when things change for the worse.

I absolutely agree that Hillary's lack of vision was uninspiring for Democrats, I just disagree that Republican turnout was bolstered by political correctness.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Then you are way out of touch with the majority of people. Our country has spent most of this calendar year debating (a) cops killing black people at a rate less frequent than the victim would have to be struck by lightening; and (b) where 0.1% of people go to the bathroom. And Hillary and the lib agenda latched on to those issues that affect 0.2% of the country as actual issues. While those issues may deserve some limited attention, they are so far in the margin of issues materially affecting the country for the vast majority of people, that most people get sick of the attention as compared to the actual relevant issues: the shitshow of healthcare in the wake of Obamacare, the widening income disparity due to a loss of manufacturing jobs, and the strain on local resource. Though he didn't use much specificity, Trump at least attacked those issues head on while Hillary focused on those margins by acting to the supporters of those issues like they are relevant. Trump ignored them and focused on the actual issues (however ridiculous his focus might be). Americans voted that they wanted someone who focuses on the actual material issues, not the issues that the media focuses on vastly disproportionate to their actual relevance.

in retrospect, it's pretty miraculous that HC had the turnout she did. She only visited the PA midstate once that I can remember, and that was Harrisburg.

c'mon, Obama's campaigns were nothing like Trump's. That's disingenuous

The strategies were exactly the same. Pick your target voting demographic and blame all their problems on someone else who you promise to make pay for it, via "their fair share" or getting the hell out.

so you're saying the Left needs to be more PC.

That's what I'm hearing. It's wrong to stereotype people and you shouldn't call people names. Sounds like some stuff we teach over in the old ivory tower.

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
I absolutely agree that Hillary's lack of vision was uninspiring for Democrats, I just disagree that Republican turnout was bolstered by political correctness.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Then you are way out of touch with the majority of people.

Just to interject with some facts, Trump received roughly a million less votes that Romney and I think two million less than McCain. So hard to say republicans were energized over norms. From the Trump side this was always about character assassination leading to voter suppression (lower turnout on the Dem side).

Hillary's dem vote turnout was around 5-6MM down from Obama 2012. That was the difference.

I didn't vote for either Trump or Obama. Both are clowns, but it is easy to see why they both won. Divide and conquer, pretty simple.

Obama was so divisive that he had the two highest vote totals in US history. No one has had within 3M votes of him.

Actually, educating people you think are ignorant and racist is the right thing to do. If you can't do that, then you're not as smart as you think or your message isn't as compelling as you think, or both.

But, by all means, keep the air of superiority about you. It'll make things that much easier for the republicans to make midterm gains.

And keep wallowing in the filth and turning the other cheek.

I've been vehemently calling out what few Trump supporting friends I have IRL for the last few days. I had an attorney in Raleigh also call me an 'elitist' even though he also went to a private law school. He said the same old thing 'not all Trump supporters are racist, keep lumping us all in. 10 minutes later he admitted he agreed with Pence's homosexual conversion policy, basically confirming everything I previously thought.

Yeah see, I'm not a politics nerd, or a horserace follower or even a democrat. I just am sickened by the co-opting of the country by its stupidest and most hateful.

Back