• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

more people voted for trump in states with large numbers of electoral college votes

Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-Fist-Pump.gif

Trump identified a fear in the middle class and lower middle class that other candidates failed to visualize, many of these were working class democrats and union members that felt left behind, forgotten ,and uncared for by the democratic elite( of which I guess I am one) and seized their pain and promised to rescue them. They swung the rust belt states for him. He can keep or lose this group if he fails to perform for them.

I'll take a gander....a) Dems give Hillary her shot, eventhough she is a cold fish politician, AND covered in scandal.
b) Obama and followers rub Middle America's nose in 8 years of crap (ACA, Black Lives Matter, threats to limit guns, perceived disrespect toward the military)
c) Bi-Coastal elites (media, wall street, and snobby college profs) look down on Middle America people and values constantly.
d) the industrial unions power is greatly diminished in the 21st century economy.

All add up to Middle America giving a big F.U to the Dems and Hillary. Any 'pub would have won this year...wouldn't have been as close if it wasn't Trump

People who don't work with or live around minorities, Muslims, powerful women, transgenders or homosexuals got told by their televisions that these are threats to American values.

Last edited:
Further, all the pollsters failed in determining this fact but frankly I think it was there until the end. Most polls had Clinton up 2points generally but when you added the total % together it was always 90-92% leaving 8% unaccounted for which was a big number who were unwilling to say who they were voting for and many of those were voting Trump but would not say or swung that way in the booth. New victory margin assured.

can trump deliver to the rust belt whites and, if not, what happens then?

Liberal bullying skewed the polls so much democrats couldn't accurately track how close the election was, and game plan accordingly. Obvious in states like Wisconsin.

People who don't work or live around minorities, Muslims, powerful women or homosexuals got told by their televisions that these are threats to American values.

This.

1) The people who voted this man in, in large part, don't have any idea what is going on. In interview after interview they couldn't articulate one fucking issue. IDGAF, they are idiots and a great many of them are deplorable as fuck. They are stinkin dirty rednecks without a lick of sense, and they hate blacks and fear foreigners. They believe whatever they are spoon fed by the magic TV set.

2)They cannot distinguish the difference between the Apprentice and reality, they cannot pull themselves away from television.

3) The media, whom these rubes are told over and over are "in the tank" for the dems, are "in the tank" for money. Trump was their best story in years and they put him on TV as if he were a valid candidate for president when he is really a showman, an actor, who brought them the ratings and revenue they needed at the expense of their customers well-being.

4) The rest of his voting bloc were informed Pubs who held their noses and voted for him because they want lower taxes and to save unborn babies.

Further, all the pollsters failed in determining this fact but frankly I think it was there until the end. Most polls had Clinton up 2points generally but when you added the total % together it was always 90-92% leaving 8% unaccounted for which was a big number who were unwilling to say who they were voting for and many of those were voting Trump but would not say or swung that way in the booth. New victory margin assured.

People who don't work or live around minorities, Muslims, powerful women, transgenders or homosexuals got told by their televisions that these are threats to American values.

Um.... A powerful women is one of the biggest reasons why trump won. Kellyanne Conway might be one of or the most influential person of 2016.

Simple. Hillary blew this. Less votes went to Trump than Romney in 2012. Hillary got nearly 6M less votes than Obama did in 2012. Trump didn't win as much as Hillary lost this.

Liberal bullying skewed the polls so much democrats couldn't accurately track how close the election was, and game plan accordingly. Obvious in states like Wisconsin.

doesn't add up to me. pollsters were bullying Trump supporters?

Nah, he's saying that constantly denigrating Trump and his supporters created a situation where admitting to supporting Trump was not socially desirable to the point where polling numbers couldn't remotely approximate reality.

Um.... A powerful women is one of the biggest reasons why trump won. Kellyanne Conway might be one of or the most influential person of 2016.

Agreed. I'm having a tough time connecting that with what I said though.

No liberals created an environment where people voting for trump didn't want to admit it. They were tired of inaccurately being label as racist, or xenophobic, or misogynist, redneck trash, rubes, or whatever. When really they were just tired of voting for people and policies that failed to uphold there best interests, especially in the rust belt states.

It's pretty simple: the Dems settled on a terrible candidate and forced her on the country. And Obama's appeal doesn't translate beyond Obama. He came to office with majorities in the Senate, the House and the state houses. All of that is gone. The Dems are in a shambles. That is his legacy. He is a one trick pony.

This.

1) The people who voted this man in, in large part, don't have any idea what is going on. In interview after interview they couldn't articulate one fucking issue. IDGAF, they are idiots and a great many of them are deplorable as fuck. They are stinkin dirty rednecks without a lick of sense, and they hate blacks and fear foreigners. They believe whatever they are spoon fed by the magic TV set.

People who vote in general don't know what the fuck is going on republican, or democrat. A lot of rural republicans are however very tired of being sterotyped and labeled as stinky dirty rednecks, and this vote was a big fuck you to people like you who seem contempt in degrading and putting down hard working Americans

2)They cannot distinguish the difference between the Apprentice and reality, they cannot pull themselves away from television.

Yeah and by that logic liberals can't distinguish between Hollywood jet setters, and the democratic party. Both arguments are dumb AF BTW.

3) The media, whom these rubes are told over and over are "in the tank" for the dems, are "in the tank" for money. Trump was their best story in years and they put him on TV as if he were a valid candidate for president when he is really a showman, an actor, who brought them the ratings and revenue they needed at the expense of their customers well-being.
\The media and the money really is in the tank for democrats 27 to 1

4) The rest of his voting bloc were informed Pubs who held their noses and voted for him because they want lower taxes and to save unborn babies.

Instead of bitching about republicans it's time people to a long hard look at themselves.

No liberals created an environment where people voting for trump didn't want to admit it. They were tired of inaccurately being label as racist, or xenophobic, or misogynist, redneck trash, rubes, or whatever. When really they were just tired of voting for people and policies that failed to uphold there best interests, especially in the rust belt states.

I'm so sick of hearing this. Trump voters can be tired of being called those things all they want but they aren't inaccurate. If you don't want to be labeled a sexist, racist, xenophobe or whatever else then stop being those things.

Back