• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

STOP SHAMING TRUMP SUPPORTERS

Holy shit. You really are a horrible human.

Because I refuse the lazy argument to judge people's experiences based on their skin color in 2021.

It is good that you all have this space to share together.

Let's accept your premise. My life is a magic carpet ride. Yours is a constant challenge of meeting the expectations of others.

This is not his premise. He didn’t make any statements regarding hardships, struggles, or lack thereof. He is speaking of cultural awareness.

His premise is the “white” culture is the dominant culture of our country - meaning it’s the default.

When you are part of the majority/default culture, this is what is seen as “normal” or familiar.

If you are part of the non-dominant culture, because most structures adhere to the dominant culture, you must always be aware of that culture, and seek to understand that culture in order proceed with safety/progress within that society.

When you are part of dominant culture, it is just the way it is and you can go about your life without thinking about it, because one’s culture is the default. Unless you are self-reflective, you don’t study your own culture, and takes a lot of intentionality and proximity to understand other cultures, because that understanding isn’t essential to your survival/success.

Because I refuse the lazy argument to judge people's experiences based on their skin color in 2021.

It is good that you all have this space to share together.

Complains about "lazy arguments" just a few posts after trotting out the "1500 people in a survey is a small sample size" argument.

Complains about "lazy arguments" just a few posts after trotting out the "1500 people in a survey is a small sample size" argument.

I don't believe it is lazy to ask you to name a single confirmed instance of something you all believe is a widely-held belief. FFS, MIKE PENCE oversaw the Certification the election result in the building hours later, and nearly every Republican in the building voted to confirm the results. When are you guys going to stop fighting straw men and start arguing with those Republicans?

I don't believe it is lazy to ask you to name a single confirmed instance of something you all believe is a widely-held belief. FFS, MIKE PENCE oversaw the Certification the election result in the building hours later, and nearly every Republican in the building voted to confirm the results. When are you guys going to stop fighting straw men and start arguing with those Republicans?

127 Republicans voted not to confirm Arizona’s results.

145 Republicans voted not to confirm Pennsylvania’s results.

Your post is bad enough but seems like you answered your own question my man.

I’m not sure what you’re asking for. What is it you need someone to provide an example of?

90+ Senators voted to confirm the results. Do you know how many Senators there are?

In total, Republicans voted to object the results in six states.

In 2017, House Democrats objected to votes from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. Objections also were made after the announcement of votes from Mississippi, Michigan and Wyoming, adding up to nine states.

Let me guess, it's only bad when Republicans do it?

90+ Senators voted to confirm the results. Do you know how many Senators there are?

In 2017, House Democrats objected to votes from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. Objections also were made after the announcement of votes from Mississippi, Michigan and Wyoming, adding up to nine states.

This post lacks #context.

They objected on the 3rd state, which required deliberation in separate houses. During that time, the assault on the Capitol happened. It was a much hastened process to certify the results following the aftermath of the riots and the final votes possibly do not reflect how they would have gone had the process been carried out without a riot interrupting things and putting peoples' lives in danger.

Yes, but they were drunk at the time and are now hung over.

Lazy post. >20% of sitting Republican senators voted against the vote in enough states to try and over turn the election. In 2017, what percent of Democratic senators joined the House Democrats charade? What percent of house democrats objected? Since you're being pretty lazy, I'll do the math for you: 0% of senators and 3.2% of house Democrats. Just for comparison...70.7% of house republicans voted against PA vote tally in 2021.

So much of jhmd's belief structure depends on ignoring basic facts and other people's opinions. He just waves us off and demands everyone engage with him based on his "alternative facts" and his own beliefs. We're trying to engage with actual facts and unpack his opinions.

So much of jhmd's belief structure depends on ignoring basic facts and other people's opinions. He just waves us off and demands everyone engage with him based on his "alternative facts" and his own beliefs. We're trying to engage with actual facts and unpack his opinions.

It is pretty typical of progressive - conservative interactions. I saw a tweet this week that said something like "Winning the climate change "debate" was never about better models, more data, and winning arguments, it was always about power and money." and I think that same sentiment could be applied to most progressive policy initiatives. I think it is also why progressives and liberals get exasperated and resort to smug snarkiness in the political arena because we've been trying to use logic, data, and reasoning to make arguments and win in the public sector, and the right (really, corporate power on both "sides of the aisle") is responding by just purchasing, power, opinions, and legislation.

Lazy post. >20% of sitting Republican senators voted against the vote in enough states to try and over turn the election. In 2017, what percent of Democratic senators joined the House Democrats charade? What percent of house democrats objected? Since you're being pretty lazy, I'll do the math for you: 0% of senators and 3.2% of house Democrats. Just for comparison...70.7% of house republicans voted against PA vote tally in 2021.

Out of 100 senators total?!? That is a small sample size. JHMD knows lots more republican senators who didn't object. You need to get out of your sheltered political scene where you only know national senators and representatives that vote in Washington.

Back