• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

STOP SHAMING TRUMP SUPPORTERS

honestly this post is ironic.

Reality is racism, xenophobia and all hate is disgusting but the point is liberals have done a disservice to people that actually suffer from this by throwing the terms around so "liberally" . the vote was the backlash from hard working Americans that support conservative policies and are tired of being marginalized unfairly.

So sooner liberals realize the frustration sooner you will be able to diagnose why you are in this position.

I think we just have different definitions of those terms, and will likely never bridge the divide.

Reality is racism, xenophobia and all hate is disgusting but the point is liberals have done a disservice to people that actually suffer from this by throwing the terms around so "liberally" . the vote was the backlash from hard working Americans that support conservative policies and are tired of being marginalized unfairly.

So sooner liberals realize the frustration sooner you will be able to diagnose why you are in this position.

I get what you're saying, but you are just pointing out what the inherent problem with stereotyping is. What I'm talking about are the ACTUAL people that are xenophobic and racist.

There is some truth to the liberal bullying theory and their stereotyping. But like all social issues, it isn't the entire story and we cannot keep talking in absolutes. Real issues are far more nuanced, but alternate media outlets (on both sides) combined with social media have galvanized what used to be straw men arguments, but have now become breeding grounds for stereotypes. There have always been people that are more concerned with being right than actually producing change, and those people have created straw men to argue against, found people to group together against those straw men, and then start attributing those attributes to actual people. This is what people meant and feared when they questioned Trump's rhetoric.

Last edited:
Wake would be really good this year if we had Chris Paul.

tmimn.gif

Lotta hard truths in here.

Couldn't help but snicker comparing the first paragraph to your smug "two parent" mantra that nobody disagrees with, but still, important for liberals who want to win elections to consider.

Snicker or snigger ?

Lotta hard truths in here.

Couldn't help but snicker comparing the first paragraph to your smug "two parent" mantra that nobody disagrees with, but still, important for liberals who want to win elections to consider.

One man's smug is another's empirical evidence.

This is a complete misdiagnosis of the problem for liberals. Liberals aren't courting marginalized Americans that support conservative policies. Liberals are courting moderates and progressives. Liberals and progressives have championed anti-racist, anti-homophobic, and anti-xenophobic causes for several decades now. What they've started to ignore is economic policy. Nobody likes to be called a racist, sexist, or xenophobe. I mean if the shoe fits (*cough* president-elect *cough*), but still. That's not the takeaway. This is just more policing language PC nonsense. Hate speech should be called out and dissented against liberally.

This is a complete misdiagnosis of the problem for liberals. Liberals aren't courting marginalized Americans that support conservative policies. Liberals are courting moderates and progressives. Liberals and progressives have championed anti-racist, anti-homophobic, and anti-xenophobic causes for several decades now. What they've started to ignore is economic policy. Nobody likes to be called a racist, sexist, or xenophobe. I mean if the shoe fits (*cough* president-elect *cough*), but still. That's not the takeaway. This is just more policing language PC nonsense. Hate speech should be called out and dissented against liberally.

No doubt they are courting as many voters as they can. The problem is they lost a lot of voters who voted for Obama in the last election. And many of those were middle class to poor rural white voters. The people Clinton called "deplorable". I get that she only meant the openly racist ones. I suspect they didn't get this. They're preached at about white privilege as they drive around in a 1988 Chevy Chevette with one spare tire and duct tape on the window. It makes no difference if they are better off than the inner city African American kid in Detroit. They've watched their communities slowly erode over the last 20-30 years. Clinton lost counties in Wisconsin that have not voted GOP in over 50 years. She saw vast swings in the voting percentages Obama wracked up four and eight years ago losing 15, 18, 20 points in many counties relative to what he posted. A typical Republican couldn't make that happen because he or she would not have offered these voters the idea that free trade had screwed them over big time. Trump, in spite of not because of his bat shit crazy rhetoric on various groups of people, reshaped the electorate by speaking to the economic concerns of these voters. Imagine what the results may have been without all the hate talk? Perhaps even worse for Clinton.

No doubt they are courting as many voters as they can. The problem is they lost a lot of voters who voted for Obama in the last election. And many of those were middle class to poor rural white voters. The people Clinton called "deplorable". I get that she only meant the openly racist ones. I suspect they didn't get this. They're preached at about white privilege as they drive around in a 1988 Chevy Chevette with one spare tire and duct tape on the window. It makes no difference if they are better off than the inner city African American kid in Detroit. They've watched their communities slowly erode over the last 20-30 years. Clinton lost counties in Wisconsin that have not voted GOP in over 50 years. She saw vast swings in the voting percentages Obama wracked up four and eight years ago losing 15, 18, 20 points in many counties relative to what he posted. A typical Republican couldn't make that happen because he or she would not have offered these voters the idea that free trade had screwed them over big time. Trump, in spite of not because of his bat shit crazy rhetoric on various groups of people, reshaped the electorate by speaking to the economic concerns of these voters. Imagine what the results may have been without all the hate talk? Perhaps even worse for Clinton.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Working class whites don't need to consider social justice issues if they don't want to, they focus on the issue that is most pressing in their life, which is economic. Hillary never had a clear convincing economic message, so those voters stayed home, or voted for Trump.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Hate speech starts with Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson I might add. Trump is very much a progressive who wants this country to be better than it is--lower taxes for all, lower corporate taxes so people like lib Warren Buffet won't take his companies like Tim Horton to Canada for an inversion where the corporate tax rate is better. Trump wants to get manufacturing back in the U.S., in states like Michigan, Ohio & North Carolina where liberal policies have left cities such as Detroit bankrupt. Get people off welfare rolls and help themselves so they can stop having babies to make themselves money. Make people take drug tests to keep qualifying for welfare & food stamps so the state gov't can make sure OUR money is not being squandered on drugs & alcohol. Simple stuff like that.

That picture is in black and white likely because there was no color photography at the time it was taken.

Is that how photography works? In any event, I guess that hate speech didn't start with Sharpton and Jackson. TheReff must have misspoken.

Hate speech starts with Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson I might add. Trump is very much a progressive who wants this country to be better than it is--lower taxes for all, lower corporate taxes so people like lib Warren Buffet won't take his companies like Tim Horton to Canada for an inversion where the corporate tax rate is better. Trump wants to get manufacturing back in the U.S., in states like Michigan, Ohio & North Carolina where liberal policies have left cities such as Detroit bankrupt. Get people off welfare rolls and help themselves so they can stop having babies to make themselves money. Make people take drug tests to keep qualifying for welfare & food stamps so the state gov't can make sure OUR money is not being squandered on drugs & alcohol. Simple stuff like that.

my poop is smarter than you

Are you insane?

long-ass, entertaining piece. i particularly enjoyed this nugget near the end --

Nothing is more confounding to the smug style than the fact that the average Republican is better educated and has a higher IQ than the average Democrat. That for every overpowered study finding superior liberal open-mindedness and intellect and knowledge, there is one to suggest that Republicans have the better of these qualities.

Back