• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

STOP SHAMING TRUMP SUPPORTERS

My dad's colleague was hit by a bus cycling to work last year and has been in a coma ever since. It hit pretty close to home, having met the man and knowing my dad and he have cycled together often on weekends, and that my dad rides into work about half the time.

I was run off the road a couple times out west and had beer bottles thrown at me from the back of a pickup, but fortunately have never been hit. A cyclist is just as responsible for safely getting from point A to point B as a person walking or driving, and I'm definitely not reckless when I'm commuting or riding in a city. But even if someone is aggressive on a bike, you're far less likely to hurt yourself from a cyclist doing something bad than somebody in a car, whether you're walking or driving or cycling yourself. The mentality of catamount and others is what gets thousands of cyclists injured or killed every year, a lot worse than the mentality of "I'm gonna roll through this stop sign at this clear intersection on my bike."

Man, some of the takes in this thread...

Creamy had some really solid one as well.

I had forgotten all of the conservatives who kept blandly claiming that Trump really wouldn't be all that bad or much of a departure from a typical POTUS. Yeah, sure, sure.

There are infinitely more stupid assholes operating a motor vehicle than their are cyclists. I don't think I would ever have the stones to even try riding a bike near traffic knowing some of the mouth breathing imbeciles that are on the roads.

My dad's colleague was hit by a bus cycling to work last year and has been in a coma ever since. It hit pretty close to home, having met the man and knowing my dad and he have cycled together often on weekends, and that my dad rides into work about half the time.

I was run off the road a couple times out west and had beer bottles thrown at me from the back of a pickup, but fortunately have never been hit. A cyclist is just as responsible for safely getting from point A to point B as a person walking or driving, and I'm definitely not reckless when I'm commuting or riding in a city. But even if someone is aggressive on a bike, you're far less likely to hurt yourself from a cyclist doing something bad than somebody in a car, whether you're walking or driving or cycling yourself. The mentality of catamount and others is what gets thousands of cyclists injured or killed every year, a lot worse than the mentality of "I'm gonna roll through this stop sign at this clear intersection on my bike."

I mean my mentality is that I wish they weren't there but I am going to do everything in my power to keep everyone safe. It's just so dangerous and unnecessary. Way better ways to exercise.

There are infinitely more stupid assholes operating a motor vehicle than their are cyclists. I don't think I would ever have the stones to even try riding a bike near traffic knowing some of the mouth breathing imbeciles that are on the roads.

A lot of them are nice enough to identify themselves with Trump flags.

Yeah this thread is why I drive the 3 miles to the closest mountain bike trails when I want to ride instead of just bopping down the highway on my bike.

Whatamount really goes back and forth between being a pretty cool guy and a terribly uncool guy. Fuck off with your anti-bicycle bullshit

Fuck bicyclists. Just want you want to deal with on a 30% incline in a city, a bike asshole in a fedora

37763f6069f79a401542360e249ec916.jpg

it was real awesome waiting on him to get up the hill riding in the middle of the fucking street

it was real awesome waiting on him to get up the hill riding in the middle of the fucking street

You had to wait on him?!? You’ve changed my mind. It would have been ok to run this guy over. I mean, it would have saved you, what, 4 minutes? And, it would have been his own fault really.

The new trend is the Fuck Biden flag

I live on lake Norman and you wouldn't believe how many boats I see with that flag.

I've had 2 friends run over and killed cycling. One of them a hit and run. No way will I ever do it. Peleton for me and I love it.

Last edited:

Your gas mileage is shit. You driving a fucking tank?

Also, ban fedoras.

Outdated article as 5 years later checking in with those that we have disdain for are perpetuating a pandemic, gobbling down horse paste, and killing themselves off at a pretty good rate.

Outdated article as 5 years later checking in with those that we have disdain for are perpetuating a pandemic, gobbling down horse paste, and killing themselves off at a pretty good rate.

There is nothing outdated about that article; it is timeless (look no further than recent posts on this thread). The fact that you don't recognize it proves the author's point.

Back