• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

STOP SHAMING TRUMP SUPPORTERS

No idea where to put this article - http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/11/the-doomsayer/501137/

Avik Roy, who is 43 and whose first name is pronounced “Oh-vick,” might be spending his autumn pushing policy papers as an adviser to Republican presidential nominee Marco Rubio. The dinner we were attending—the prelude to a policy seminar at Stanford’s Hoover Institution—might be teeming with excitement about the intellectual possibilities of a Rubio administration. Roy, a health-care expert who has advised Rubio, Rick Perry, and Mitt Romney, once looked forward to 2016 as a year of Republican opportunity, when the party would choose a leader capable of reorienting it toward the future.

But in the real world, Donald Trump was running on a platform directly opposed to the pro-trade, pro-immigration, pro-small-government ideology of conservatives like Roy.

My question after reading this article has to do with a lot of the gloating I've seen from boards GOP. I completely understand it from a "my team won, your team lost" perspective. Where I'm lost is...what if Trump blows the shit up?

No idea where to put this article - http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/11/the-doomsayer/501137/

My question after reading this article has to do with a lot of the gloating I've seen from boards GOP. I completely understand it from a "my team won, your team lost" perspective. Where I'm lost is...what if Trump blows the shit up?

Reince & Co. thought they could harness and control Trump to an extent in the campaign and found out otherwise. Let's see what happens in January. Could be both parties are in ruins.

Republicans thought they could harness the Tea Party back in 2009 and that movement ended up leading to Trump. Trump got where he is without Reince and Co. He could easily decide he's better off without them and go off on his own. That's why the best strategy for Dems is what Obama is doing. Make nice and befriend him. Be who Trump turns to when he gets tired of the idiot Pubs around him.

Hate speech starts with Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson I might add. Trump is very much a progressive who wants this country to be better than it is--lower taxes for all, lower corporate taxes so people like lib Warren Buffet won't take his companies like Tim Horton to Canada for an inversion where the corporate tax rate is better. Trump wants to get manufacturing back in the U.S., in states like Michigan, Ohio & North Carolina where liberal policies have left cities such as Detroit bankrupt. Get people off welfare rolls and help themselves so they can stop having babies to make themselves money. Make people take drug tests to keep qualifying for welfare & food stamps so the state gov't can make sure OUR money is not being squandered on drugs & alcohol. Simple stuff like that.

giphy.gif

Yes! Moonz definitely all in on Qanon and other crazy shit may have even been at the Capitol. Anyone know what he is up to?

Where TheReff? Im waiting for his oped in the Winston-Salem Journal Readers Forum.

Lol didn't TheReff get a PPP loan? Wonder if he's ready to queue up for his government drug test.

He's been awfully quiet since early November.

My favorite is that the one fucking example he can muster is Tim Horton's which is and has always been a Canadian company! What a maroon

It's not like Trump supporters were ever on the water, oh wait Trump shitheads were having boat parades.

You think you hate fascists? LOL. The group acting like fascists are progressives. They are the ones labeling people "deporables". Europe had deplorables too, they were called jews. Their deplorables were blamed for being privileged (God's chosen!), for their stagnant economy, for being stupid/backwards, for starting wars...and were thought to be less socially evolved. It's the same exact attitude progressives have for anyone......not progressive, especially Trump supporters. Even the term progressive implies they have more "progress"....and that is basically Social Darwinism....ya know that principle used by the Nazis.

And like the German people that followed in lockstep, they don't even realize how much hate they have.

Nailed it.

Knowing something like the past four years was likely was about as tough as betting on a horse race once you have the photo in your hands.

Back