• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump and the Environment

In their final days, the Trump administration is sneaking in all sorts of rule changes to undercut environmental laws. Out this week in the FR, endangered species critical habitat designations can only include places where we know the species currently lives.

If you convict trump, and kick out members of the seditious caucus then you can start complaining about unity through not accepting shit Republican ideas.

God made the animals and environment for us to use, destroy, and kill as we see fit! Your pro life party everybody!

To be fair, research shows that you can kill a lot of wolves without affecting population viability. Wolves operate a little bit like ant colonies, as long as you don’t kill the Alpha female / the queen, the pack has a good chance to quickly recover.

The state agency was trying to set up a smart and reasonable harvest plan. My former PhD student works for Wisconsin DNR on the wolf management team and she said the law suit really messed up their planning period and gave them literally a few days to set limits and make a plan which is ridiculous.

To be fair, research shows that you can kill a lot of wolves without affecting population viability. Wolves operate a little bit like ant colonies, as long as you don’t kill the Alpha female / the queen, the pack has a good chance to quickly recover.

The state agency was trying to set up a smart and reasonable harvest plan. My former PhD student works for Wisconsin DNR on the wolf management team and she said the law suit really messed up their planning period and gave them literally a few days to set limits and make a plan which is ridiculous.

Coyotes are even worse than wolves. The faster you kill them, the younger they procreate.

And so it begins. I've read that one of the things the new 6-3 hard-right majority will do is try to greatly limit the ability of government agencies to regulate the very things they were created to regulate. I'm sure that hamstringing the EPA would be near the top of their list, global warming be damned.

Back