• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump and the Environment

as someone who grew up in FL, about the only thing I respected JEB! for was being adamant about keeping out drilling. you go to the Alabama coast and there are oil rigs everywhere in plain sight from the beach, just disasters waiting to happen.

as someone who grew up in FL, about the only thing I respected JEB! for was being adamant about keeping out drilling. you go to the Alabama coast and there are oil rigs everywhere in plain sight from the beach, just disasters waiting to happen.

But soooo beautiful! MAGA! #

This is terrible and I hope it never happens, but I do appreciate the "fuck you" to Rick Scott.

Not to mention to tourism. Of course it's also a fuck you to everyone that does not work for big oil in a Sr management capacity.

Last edited:
Trump's just following long-standing Republican strategy. Don't waste any effort actually thinking about problems or how to solve them. Just undo whatever Democrats did when they had the ability to do something.

That's gotta be good...we'll just make that assumption.

If Biden does manage to get elected, just trying to undo all the damage Trump and his people have done in terms of driving out the best talent in government agencies, gutting regulations and regulatory agencies, and just deliberately fucking up the government as much as possible, will take a good while to fix.

If Biden does manage to get elected, just trying to undo all the damage Trump and his people have done in terms of driving out the best talent in government agencies, gutting regulations and regulatory agencies, and just deliberately fucking up the government as much as possible, will take a good while to fix.

Well sure. It will be a long process, not much of substance will get accomplished because they are just trying to stabilize things to have a base to work from, it will result in raising taxes to pay for the work that needs to be put in, and then people will vote them out because none of it will show immediate, short term results.

TLDR, people suck.

Just watched the West Wing episode last night where they debate drilling in ANWR. If Venick couldn't make it sound remotely sensible, then Trump will make it unintelligible.

"Conservatives" don't know a goddamn thing about conservation. They have been trying to do this for at least 25 years.

Requirement to lease at least two 400,000 acre parcels per year was put into a tax bill passed and signed in 2017.

Last edited:
I wonder which trump family member recently bought into big oil.

Requirement to lease at least two 400,000 acre parcels per year was put into a tax bill passed and signed in 2017.

Ok, but Pubs have been trying to do this for ages. Wikipedia says since 1977. I expect the section 7 consultation process, under the ESA, for polar bears will be a stalling issue for actual drilling. But that is the last line of defense. I bet that ANWR drilling and polar bears is the main reason the Administration proposed applying the incidental take protections under the ESA to only "endangered" classified species, excluding species classified as "threatened."

Back