• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump and the Environment

Apparently capitalism can’t work without decimating the environment it is practiced within. Who knew?

Capitalism can save the environment. Millions of high paying jobs will be created. If I'm not mistaken, jobs in the alternate power industry has created more new jobs in each of the past 3-5 years that exist in the entire coal industry.

Think of what will happen with a federal government on the side of saving us from climate change. It could easily be the biggest job creating sector for the next quarter century.

That's what I'll never understand about cult 45. They're from dying towns brought down from over reliance on dying industry. Invest in the right way rather than propping up those dying industries and you have long term potential. They really hate any and all change.

I'm also confused why not protecting the environment is a badge of courage to republicans and evangelicals. If you believe god created the world why would you be ok destroying what "he" made?

Because it’s all about pissing off them librul elites. Tha’s all thar is t’ it.

That's what I'll never understand about cult 45. They're from dying towns brought down from over reliance on dying industry. Invest in the right way rather than propping up those dying industries and you have long term potential. They really hate any and all change.

I'm also confused why not protecting the environment is a badge of courage to republicans and evangelicals. If you believe god created the world why would you be ok destroying what "he" made?

“God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, “Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It’s yours."

-noted theologian Ann Coulter.

(Didn't remember the exact quote, so now "Ann coulter god rape earth" is in my search history)

Doesn't The Bible say something about being good stewards of the Earth?

So focus on the old testament vengeful god despite being told to focus on the new testament.

Additionally, may as well dump the bible and just replay maga rally's. That's all you really need anyway.

People in these kinds of places are often the quintessential status-quo, opposed-to-any-newfangled change types. They often don't want new businesses or industries because it might bring the "wrong" kinds of people to their towns and counties and upset the dominant social and cultural and racial order. At least for those who are middle-aged and older, it's a lot easier to just pine for the good old days when factory jobs were easy to find and everybody knew their place. They really don't want to change and adjust to the new economy or new technology or whatever, they just want their old jobs to come back and things go back to the way they were.

Basic Republican mythology [idiocy]: Taxes and regulations are "bad" (you know, like "evil").

Ergo, less of them is good.

Regulations are bad except for this one I'm placing on Twitter cause they won't let me incite violence.

Back