• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake News Stories and Facebook

We - the left - need to take this point very seriously and I'm not sure that the message is getting through to the DNC.

That the people want small government and they are showing through low turnout?

so become republicans then so we can win?

What do you guys consider low turnout cause it seems pretty not low to me.

It was only a low turnout vote for Hillary in the "blue wall" swing states. She got a good turnout in the usual liberal strongholds.

It was only a low turnout vote for Hillary in the "blue wall" swing states. She got a good turnout in the usual liberal strongholds.

This and I think that matters quite a bit. Don't you, W&B? I'd like to avoid electing Trump or George W again.

But Empire and New Girl both did Hillary commercials/episodes! Katy Perry and Beyonce! Hot sauce in my bag!

You forgot Broad City for that elusive commielib hipster vote. Evidently not that many people were with her.

Which is strange. Why would turnout be so much lower in Milwaukee and Detroit than cities in blue states?

Which is strange. Why would turnout be so much lower in Milwaukee and Detroit than cities in blue states?

I think it's probably a combination of lack of enthusiasm, underwhelming GOTV strategy, and successful voter suppression efforts than it is Russian hackers. But, if the Trump campaign is secure in their victory, then they should feel quite comfortable with a recount. I think the Donald may be #nervous, though I'm not sure he has much to worry about.

You'd think the opposite, voters in the bluest places wouldn't bother coming because it's in the bag.

it's the economy stupid

no trickle after 35 years. the greatest con ever pulled on the most people. and their response? Vote in another supply-side snake oil salesman. And you wonder why we call them rubes. Just dumb on top of dumb.

we're so lucky to have a guy as smart as you posting

I don't hear any trickling up in Green Bay. Tell me more about that. Go ahead and do a deep dive into the numbers and lay some wisdom on us, tell me how Im wrong you sexy thang.

Not sure what thread to ask this in (this one seems as good as any), but did Sean Hannity's kid just sign with Wake to play tennis? The hits just keep on coming for you guys lately.

Not sure what thread to ask this in (this one seems as good as any), but did Sean Hannity's kid just sign with Wake to play tennis? The hits just keep on coming for you guys lately.

Yes he did. It will save us from the Ivory Tower Purge. You guys are fucked.

Can he help us win tennis matches? If so, cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Can he help us win tennis matches? If so, cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

And/or lead to significant gift solicitation opportunities? We already take money from the Koch Brothers.

'News' check: Link on Fox News homepage to 'article' called: "D.C. Airbnb hosts pull listings to avoid renting to Trump supporters"
Link goes to an outside 'article' on HeatStreet, a slightly questionable looking 'news' site that offers the perspective that lousy liberals in DC don't want to rent spaces to Trump supports - does mention and pull a short mis-contextualized quote from a Huff Post article, but offers no links to this or other sourcing.
(I hate to give them clicks for revenue, but here it is if you want to check: https://heatst.com/…/washington-airbnb-hosts-pull-listings…/)
After a very brief internet search, there is indeed a Huff Post article - about how a lot of out-of-town Clinton supporters are cancelling their AirBnB's because Clinton didn't win. However, contrary to HeatStreet's account, most renters are still keeping their rentals open because capitalism and making money. "The management firms HuffPost spoke to indicated that most of their property owners don’t seem to be letting politics get in the way of business." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…/trump-inauguration-airbnb-w…)
Apparently even FN needs to learn not to link to random 'articles' that you just like the sound of. Check the underlying veracity of a report, and maybe we can start to try and not reciprocally generalize and denigrate each other.

#journalism

Do you think Hillary lost because of "fake news"? Really?

Via MSNBC w/ #'s from Pew Research Center & Public Policy Polling
* Unemployment: Under President Obama, job growth has been quite strong, and the unemployment rate has improved dramatically. PPP, however, found that 67% of Trump voters believe the unemployment rate went up under Obama -- which is the exact opposite of reality.
* Stock Market: Since the president was elected, the stock market has soared, nearly tripling since the height of the Great Recession. PPP found that 39% of Trump voters believe the market has gone down under Obama -- which is also the exact opposite of reality.
* Popular Vote: As of this morning, Hillary Clinton received roughly 2.7 million more votes than Donald Trump, but PPP nevertheless found that 40% of Trump voters believe he won the popular vote -- which is, once again, the exact opposite of reality.
* Voter Fraud: Even Trump's lawyers concede there was no voter fraud in the presidential election, but PPP found that 60% of Trump voters apparently believe "millions" of illegal ballots were cast for Clinton in 2016 -- which isn't even close to resembling reality.

Back