• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake News Stories and Facebook

Pretty sweet headline coming out of Fox News.

California Dems Legalize Child Prostitution

Law actually decriminalizes child prosititutes (not the johns or the pimps) and sends these prostitutes to treatment instead of jail to avoid them having a criminal record.

http://sd30.senate.ca.gov/news/pres...r-brown-signs-sb-1322-declaring-there-no-such

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1322

I don't know man, my concept of law and ORDER clearly states "YOU DO THE CRIME, YOU DO THE TIME!"

Pubs: "Stop whining about fake news, losers."
Pubs: "Wait! This might be good!"
Pubs: "LIBS PUSHING FAKE NEWS EVERYWHERE!"

Via MSNBC w/ #'s from Pew Research Center & Public Policy Polling
* Unemployment: Under President Obama, job growth has been quite strong, and the unemployment rate has improved dramatically. PPP, however, found that 67% of Trump voters believe the unemployment rate went up under Obama -- which is the exact opposite of reality.
* Stock Market: Since the president was elected, the stock market has soared, nearly tripling since the height of the Great Recession. PPP found that 39% of Trump voters believe the market has gone down under Obama -- which is also the exact opposite of reality.
* Popular Vote: As of this morning, Hillary Clinton received roughly 2.7 million more votes than Donald Trump, but PPP nevertheless found that 40% of Trump voters believe he won the popular vote -- which is, once again, the exact opposite of reality.
* Voter Fraud: Even Trump's lawyers concede there was no voter fraud in the presidential election, but PPP found that 60% of Trump voters apparently believe "millions" of illegal ballots were cast for Clinton in 2016 -- which isn't even close to resembling reality.

Nah they arent rubes. They are just tired of being talked down to by liberals. Anthony Bourdain says we should have known better

Politico writer reads only fake news for two weeks and sees the world from BSF or sailor's perspective.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...s-like-to-read-fake-news-for-two-weeks-214591

The usual nice job, Ph, of projecting your bullshit and falsely accusing others of what you yourself do. You have admitted to getting your news from facebook, and you have a twitter account. I have neither a twitter account, and I rarely look at facebook. I definitely don't get any news from them. I've never looked at trending on facebook. I do watch CNN, which persistently promotes the false or distorted view of the world that you share.

I don't have a Twitter account so I'm not sure what fake news site you got that from.

News from Facebook is not automatically fake.

I'm guessing you didn't read the article because your response had nothing to do with it.

Thank you, President Obama, for making the stock market go up. Do your blessings never end?

Related: are those the same polls that had Hillary winning in all the swing states?

These are not journalists, they are fans of Clinton and stenographers for the establishment.
Journalists Exposed By WikiLeaks Will Now Cover Trump White House
CNBC chief political correspondent and New York Times political writer John Harwood demonstrated clear partisanship in his many email exchanges with Podesta.

Harwood told Podesta to “watch out” for Dr. Ben Carson during the Republican primary. “Ben Carson could give you real trouble in a general,” Harwood warned, including video clips of Carson’s political positions.
In a December 2015 email to Podesta, Harwood claimed the Republican Party was “veering off the rails” and bragged about provoking Trump during a Republican presidential debate, where he asked Trump if he was running “a comic book version of a presidential campaign.”
“I imagine…” Harwood titled the email, continuing in the body: “…that Obama feels some (sad) vindication at this demonstration of his years-long point about the opposition party veering off the rails.”

“I certainly am feeling that way with respect to how I questioned Trump at our debate.”

As CNBC’s chief political correspondent, Harwood will play a central role in the network’s coverage of the Trump administration. Harwood has yet to respond to repeated requests from TheDC regarding his email exchanges with the Clinton campaign.

Last month, the New York Times announced it would be hiring Politico reporter Glenn Thrush to cover the Trump White House. Emails released by WikiLeaks showed Thrush sending stories to Clinton staffers for approval before publication.
“Because I have become a hack I will send u the whole section that pertains to [you],” he wrote in an April 30, 2015 email to Podesta, including five paragraphs from a piece titled “Hillary’s big money dilemma.”

“Please don’t share or tell anyone I did this,” Thrush added. “Tell me if I fucked up anything.”

“No problems here,” Podesta replied.

On April 17, 2015, Thrush sent an email to Clinton communications director Jennifer Palmieri with the subject line: “pls read asap — the [Jennifer Palmieri] bits — don’t share.”

Palmieri forwarded Thrush’s email to other Clinton campaign staffers, writing: “He did me courtesy of sending what he is going to say about me. Seems fine.”
Other journalists who will cover the Trump White House were named as personal favorites of Clinton campaign staffers.

A July 2015 media plan described New York Times Magazine chief national correspondent Mark Leibovich as “sympathetic.” WikiLeaks emails revealed Leibovich giving Palmieri “veto” power over which anecdotes he would include in his stories.

Another document in the leak revealed the campaign’s strategies for placing stories with friendly journalists and described the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman (who was then with Politico) as a “friendly journalist.”

A memo reportedly created by traveling press secretary Nick Merrill stated, “We are all in agreement that the time is right place a story with a friendly journalist in the coming days that positions us a little more transparently while achieving the above goals.”

“We have has a very good relationship with Maggie Haberman of Politico over the last year. We have had her tee up stories for us before and have never been disappointed,” the memo continued. “While we should have a larger conversation in the near future about a broader strategy for reengaging the beat press that covers HRC, for this we think we can achieve our objective and do the most shaping by going to Maggie.”
http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/02/journalists-exposed-by-wikileaks-will-now-cover-trump-white-house/

The usual nice job, Ph, of projecting your bullshit and falsely accusing others of what you yourself do. You have admitted to getting your news from facebook, and you have a twitter account. I have neither a twitter account, and I rarely look at facebook. I definitely don't get any news from them. I've never looked at trending on facebook. I do watch CNN, which persistently promotes the false or distorted view of the world that you share.

You quoted conservapedia.

Sailor still doesn't understand that all major news outlets have a Facebook account

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I can honestly say I've never seen a poster act like he knows more while coming off as a knob that has lost touch with the real world.

Have you met bkf?

I can honestly say I've never seen a poster act like he knows more while coming off as a knob that has lost touch with the real world.

Pretty sure you said something similar about me so at least you know you're in good company sailor. :thumbsup:

Back