• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake News Stories and Facebook

And that shows your bias. Why would anybody expect Hillary to do better with Latinos than Obama?

I'm confused as to where I predicted anything remotely close to this argument.

The classic PH. Assign a position that was never stated and then argue against it.

Please quote where I mentioned anything about Hillary outperforming Obama with latinos.

You really need to stop doing this PH. It is intellectually shallow and completely transparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused as to where I predicted anything remotely close to this argument.

The classic PH. Assign a position that was never stated and then argue against it.

Please quote where I mentioned anything about Hillary outperforming Obama with latinos.

You really need to stop doing this PH. It is intellectually shallow and completely transparent.

Trump doing better with Latinos than Romney = Hillary doing worse with Latinos than Obama.

What's your problem with the math? Obama ran against Romney. Hillary ran against Trump. Presenting the performance of Trump compared to Romney out of context of Hillary compared to Obama is misleading.

The only way Trump would have done worse with Latinos than Romney is if Hillary did better with Latinos than Obama.

I have no idea how that could be confusing.

Last edited:
didn't you say a while back that you got most of your news from facebook?

Every major news agency has a facebook account.

Yeah. I don't get sailor's comment at all. If the big gripe for conservatives is simply the location of conservative op-eds that's either not a problem at all or an easy one to address.

Trump doing better with Latinos than Romney = Hillary doing worse with Latinos than Obama.

What's your problem with the math? Obama ran against Romney. Hillary ran against Trump. Presenting the performance of Trump compared to Romney out of context of Hillary compared to Obama is misleading.

The only way Trump would have done worse with Latinos than Romney is if Hillary did better with Latinos than Obama.

I have no idea how that could be confusing.

I didn't make any prediction. I was commenting that the media established the 'facts' and those facts didn't end up being remotely close. I had no idea what was going to happen. I was hoping trump would fail all along. You are arguing a point that I never made. Talk to Sean Hannity if you want to argue that.

My original point, and the one I continue to make is that msm decided a long ago that they wanted to shape the public dialogue instead of report the facts. That departure birthed all sorts of backlash responses. Fox News filled a hole in the dialogue and so has fake news. Once we got into the opinion game rather than the news game this path became inevitable.

Last edited:
post script: I think Trump ended up with a higher latino vote than Romney, which again shows a narrative pushed by the MSM that never existed. They simply assumed it existed because it fit their preconceived notion of how THEY would react to Trump

And that shows your bias. Why would anybody expect Hillary to do better with Latinos than Obama?

You are buying into the "OMG Trump did better with Latinos than Romney! Everything is biased!" narrative instead of the more mundane "Hillary didn't do as well with Latinos as Obama did. That makes sense." narrative that uses the exact same math.

There's a simple set of facts. Media are interpreting them in a more sensational way instead of the straightforward way even though both are factually true.

"Bias" isn't necessarily straying away from the facts. It's choosing how to interpret them. What were are seeing now is conservative outlets ignoring the facts all together to appeal to feelings. People who feel things couldn't be better under Obama don't want to hear, for example, that unemployment is further down than anyone expected so they're fed an interpretation that the government cooks the books or unemployment isn't actually unemployment.

MSM doesn't "mock" people who think we need to have immigration control Pour. It mocks those who want to deport an entire religion out of the United States.

Good lord man get out the damn tin-foil hat.

Hey man, we've had lunch together so don't kick my ass for pointing out your post was lol funny.. you did exactly what he asserted the MSM does. You shot him down without any supporting facts or debate, then mocked him ("tin foil hat").

For the record, I roughly agree with Pour. The immigration topic deserves serious debate and Trump's opening rhetoric was ... coarse (or strategically targeted red meat.. take your pick) ... but it didn't rise to the level the MSM and liberals asserted it did. For Christ's sake, man.. my SEVEN and NINE year old kids came home (pre-election) telling me Trump was going to send all the 'Mexicans' home and the NINE year old defaced a Trump piece he found somewhere in protest... carry that through college kids and otherwise reasonable adults going infantile post-election because apocalypse.. then onto a NPR interview with German citizens (think Obama - Merkel) saying how fearful they were because Trump was, basically, a monster. So.. while I get your (and my other friends' on this board) assertions that the MSM isn't in the tank for left-wing thinking... somebody somewhere sure as holy fuck had almost complete and utter control of the narrative that worked its way around the planet.

Well played...

It'd be good if there were more cogent conservative thinkers writing today. I agree with pourdeac on that point.

Taranto and the WSJ editorial board say hi...

ETA -- nevermind.. wrote this before I saw your subsequent post about the WSJ..

Last edited:
Hey man, we've had lunch together so don't kick my ass for pointing out your post was lol funny.. you did exactly what he asserted the MSM does. You shot him down without any supporting facts or debate, then mocked him ("tin foil hat").

For the record, I roughly agree with Pour. The immigration topic deserves serious debate and Trump's opening rhetoric was ... coarse (or strategically targeted red meat.. take your pick) ... but it didn't rise to the level the MSM and liberals asserted it did. For Christ's sake, man.. my SEVEN and NINE year old kids came home (pre-election) telling me Trump was going to send all the 'Mexicans' home and the NINE year old defaced a Trump piece he found somewhere in protest... carry that through college kids and otherwise reasonable adults going infantile post-election because apocalypse.. then onto a NPR interview with German citizens (think Obama - Merkel) saying how fearful they were because Trump was, basically, a monster. So.. while I get your (and my other friends' on this board) assertions that the MSM isn't in the tank for left-wing thinking... somebody somewhere sure as holy fuck had almost complete and utter control of the narrative that worked its way around the planet.

Well played...

LOL. Which is greater?

Number of Mexicans Trump will send home?

Or

Number of guns Obama took?

Let's not act like only liberals are subject to hyperbole.

LOL. Which is greater?

Number of Mexicans Trump will send home?

Or

Number of guns Obama took?

Let's not act like only liberals are subject to hyperbole.

Agreed.. let's not. For something that's typically stipulated, you're slowing the conversation down to mention it.

The larger point is how powerfully liberals control the message... topic here is media but you and I know it extends well beyond the media to all the cool kids as well.

To your example, you'll have a hard time citing canceled classes, riots, and playdoh smeared safe spaces to help those traumatized 'cause Obama was "going to take their guns". And I'll bet you $100 you won't find any NPR interviews where a European citizen expressed fear and concern for their country due to Obama's election.

I'm trying to give credit where credit is due... liberals own the messaging... the propaganda and use of political correctness to shut down debate that counters liberal ideas is world-class.

Agreed.. let's not. For something that's typically stipulated, you're slowing the conversation down to mention it.

The larger point is how powerfully liberals control the message... topic here is media but you and I know it extends well beyond the media to all the cool kids as well.

To your example, you'll have a hard time citing canceled classes, riots, and playdoh smeared safe spaces to help those traumatized 'cause Obama was "going to take their guns". And I'll bet you $100 you won't find any NPR interviews where a European citizen expressed fear and concern for their country due to Obama's election.

I'm trying to give credit where credit is due... liberals own the messaging... the propaganda and use of political correctness to shut down debate that counters liberal ideas is world-class.

To all the cool kids? I feel like the 24 hour news cycle has turned us all into blubbering 13 year old versions of ourselves.

And did someone answer Townie's question about how the media was supposed to report on direct quotations from Trump speech transcripts? (Can you answer this question without talking about safe spaces and Hillary Clinton?)

What did Obama do or say that would cause a European to express fear to concern for their country?

I really don't understand this idea that Trump's campaign rhetoric shouldn't be an indication of how he will govern. People like you seem incredulous that people are scared that Trump will do what he said he would do and what his supporters wanted him to do.

Losing a gun isn't equal to losing a place of resident or a deported family member.

Conservatives controlled the messaging around Hillary Clinton for 25 years which contributed greatly to Trump's win.

If "conservatives controlled the messaging around Hillary" it was only because she was a shitty enough candidate that they could.

I don't disagree with that. I disagree with the extent to which she is shittier than most politicians including the President-elect.

Back