• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake News Stories and Facebook

Is that a yes?

I imagine they take their craft seriously, so yes. They held their reports out as news, and they were dead wrong.
Sidenote: how are you taking this loss? Have you gotten to acceptance yet, or are we a few stages short?

Reminder: the MSM had all but declared her the winner. 81-19 chance; every poll in her favor.
But according to you guys, fake news is a right wing problem. Ph gonna Ph.

She's going to end up around a 49-46 national PV winner, as the polls predicted, but carry on with your strange "polls being wrong equals fake news" rant.

I imagine they take their craft seriously, so yes. They held their reports out as news, and they were dead wrong.
Sidenote: how are you taking this loss? Have you gotten to acceptance yet, or are we a few stages short?

Ok. Good to know what we're working with. In your mind, reporting the results of polls is the exact same as making up and publishing stories that you know are incorrect.

And I've fully accepted what happened during the election. And I'm truly worried about Trump's actions so far. We're going soon to find out what it's like to have a narcissist with no political or military experience run and represent our country to the rest of the world.

I live in a world in which someone thinks if an event with an 81% chance of happening doesn't happen, the analysis was fake.

I'll remember that next time an 81% free throw shooter misses a free throw.

Ok. Good to know what we're working with. In your mind, reporting the results of polls is the exact same as making up and publishing stories that you know are incorrect.

And I've fully accepted what happened during the election. And I'm truly worried about Trump's actions so far. We're going soon to find out what it's like to have a narcissist with no political or military experience run and represent our country to the rest of the world.

It's not the same as Brian Williams or Rolling Stone-fake news, but it is clearly a former of getting it wrong. Perhaps we need to organize the types of errors the media makes.

But if you're really still worried about "fake news", there is absolutely no truth to the notion that you've "fully accepted what happened."

I live in a world in which someone thinks if an event with an 81% chance of happening doesn't happen, the analysis was fake.

I'll remember that next time an 81% free throw shooter misses a free throw.

Blaming your earned loss on a "fake news" epidemic is itself fake news.
But by all means, persist in the post mortem exoneration. I really enjoy when you guys faultlessly lose control of another branch of government. Whose fault was it this time?

It's not the same as Brian Williams or Rolling Stone-fake news, but it is clearly a former of getting it wrong. Perhaps we need to organize the types of errors the media makes.

But if you're really still worried about "fake news", there is absolutely no truth to the notion that you've "fully accepted what happened."

Why shouldn't I be worried that people voted based on purposely faked news stories? And that fake news had a wider influence than real stories in the last weeks of the election.

Aren't you? Don't you think people should make decisions based on true information?

Blaming your earned loss on a "fake news" epidemic is itself fake news.
But by all means, persist in the post mortem exoneration. I really enjoy when you guys faultlessly lose control of another branch of government. Whose fault was it this time?

Keep building those straw men. After all, fake men = real men in your world.

Why shouldn't I be worried that people voted based on purposely faked news stories? And that fake news had a wider influence than real stories in the last weeks of the election.

Aren't you? Don't you think people should make decisions based on true information?

Do you think Hillary lost because of "fake news"? Really?

People would be more amenable to having a conversation with you if you didn't fall back on basic logical fallacies in every other post.

Just a tip. Assuming that you are actually interested in a conversation.

People would be more amenable to having a conversation with you if you didn't fall back on basic logical fallacies in every other post.

I asked you a question. What is the answer? You said you have "fully accepted" what happened (your words). What did you mean? (And why so defensive tonight?)
Eta: Welp, İ guess you went away. One question scared you off. Woof. Clearly you are still working your way through this heart-breaking national rebuke.

Last edited:

Just a tip. Assuming that you are actually interested in a conversation.

See above.

If dems really think they lost because of fake news or Russian hackers (rather than real health care premiums), Pubs better get used to holding power.
The outgoing POTUS failed to deliver on the signature promise of his presidency. People who voted for him noticed. That's not raciosm, fake news or Russian cyber crime. You lost. It happens. Now accept the growth opportunity and move on.

Last edited:
Back