• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

I guess the guy who gunned down an unarmed black teenager and he "got another piece of trash off the street" wasn't a racist . http://nbc4i.com/2016/11/24/man-who...he-got-another-piece-of-trash-off-the-street/

I guess the guys who went "Zieg Heil" at the alt right meeting aren't racists either.

I guess Steve Bannon giving massive publishing opportunities for the same who were running that meeting isn't promoting racism.

So the big liberal takeaway should be that elections are won and lost on the butthurt of not quite racists

Solace taken

The big liberal takeaway should be that education level was the biggest predictor in this election. America is dumber than we thought and they don't care about nuanced policy discussions, fact based reasoning, or credible news sources.

Promise America they will get pizza everyday in the cafeteria to get into office and then make education and turnout your top priorities while making massive infrastructure investments to placate the rubes.

Jesus H I have never seen a more put-upon, sensitive group of whiners than the alt-right.

Kellogg's and Levi's - don't take a different opinion or the little snowflakes who need guns and hateful rhetoric in their lives at all times won't give you dollars. Not to mention little white women who are oppressed and discriminated against about bag size as they shop at Michael's.

The big liberal takeaway should be that education level was the biggest predictor in this election. America is dumber than we thought and they don't care about nuanced policy discussions, fact based reasoning, or credible news sources.

Promise America they will get pizza everyday in the cafeteria to get into office and then make education and turnout your top priorities while making massive infrastructure investments to placate the rubes.

And America will continue to get dumber because it benefits Republicans and Republicans control public education at most local, state, and now the federal level.

It's more important than ever for Republicans to bring back unskilled labor jobs. Don't want people to have to go to college.

Not sure you ever supported Bernie, but he certainly feel in this category to.

Jesus H I have never seen a more put-upon, sensitive group of whiners than the alt-right.

Kellogg's and Levi's - don't take a different opinion or the little snowflakes who need guns and hateful rhetoric in their lives at all times won't give you dollars. Not to mention little white women who are oppressed and discriminated against about bag size as they shop at Michael's.

3A9002E900000578-3953728-Protesters_are_ordering_their_coffee_from_Starbucks_using_the_na-m-22_1479611167301.jpg

i thought businesses should be allowed to refuse service to whom they choose

Hillary damn near co-opted Bernie's plan for free-college, so I don't see the hypocrisy there.

The difference between Bernie and Trump, was that Bernie wasn't promising to bring back manufacturing and fossil fuel jobs with trickle down economic theory and repealing EPA regulation

I am curious to see what happens with the supposedly "never Hillary" vote in 4 years. No chance Trump gets primaried.

Not sure which of a million threads -- with exactly the same posters arguing exactly the same thing -- to put this, so I'm putting it here. Apologies to 923.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...not-enough-persuasion/508961/?utm_source=feed

"Insofar as the definition of 'white supremacist' includes Bernie Sanders, the term is not going to retain significant stigma, or even be understood by most of America. Insofar as attempts to point that out are met, by academics on social media or opinion journalists at left-of-center outlets, with the most uncharitable, dubiously accurate construals possible, followed by disparaging insults and performative stigmatization––well, if you’re a progressive who is incapable of constructively engaging with a Mother Jones staffer, what possible hope do you have of reaching the swing voters who will decide the outcome of the 2018 midterms?"

I am curious to see what happens with the supposedly "never Hillary" vote in 4 years. No chance Trump gets primaried.

They will fall in line behind Trump. If he could shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue and not lose any votes, nothing he does as POTUS will cost him any votes.

Think Obamacare. Republicans will repeal it. To replace Obamacare, they will need some votes from Democrats in the Senate. If Democrats are part of the replacement, the Republicans will blame them if it turns sour. If Democrats refuse to support the replacement, Republicans will blame them for people not having health insurance.

Hillary didn't talk enough about her plan for America. She focused too much on Trump's shenanigans.
Yes, absolutely. Hillary's campaign spent way too much time and effort painting Trump as a racist/misogynist/xenophobe. That was the equivalent of "red meat" for her liberal base. "white tofu"? Even if Trump really was as bad as the campaign made him out to be, the voters Hillary needed were not as concerned about those character issues. That did not sway them. The Democratic party can choose to learn from that and try a different approach for those voters, or they can choose to punt on those white voters.

Probably why he would have been a way better candidate than Hillary.

It's like all the Trump supporters keep saying about the already failed promises about draining the swamp and taking on the elite. It doesn't matter that he's not doing them, it's that he ever acknowledged they were a problem in the first place.

Bernie wasn't gonna get universal socialized healthcare done, he wasn't gonna get free college for everyone, but that pizza in the cafeteria pitch is powerful.

I thought going in Hilldawg was a stronger candidate. The more I think about it though your probably right Bernie could have been the stronger candidate. He had all the populist goodies trump was touting, without the social craziness. Hell he was even tough on border control.

Apparently the GOP had some serious dirt on him, and he has said some crazy stuff. That should have washed out though with all of trumps crazyness.

Back