• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

Man With White Supremacist Material and Weapons Is Arrested, Police Say

After he arrived, the police said they discovered that the man, Michael V. Zaremski, was carrying a loaded handgun in his jacket. Concerned, officers were sent that same day to search his home, where they found a cache of assault-style rifles, ammunition and a trove of white-supremacist paraphernalia, literature and images, officials said.

In the indictment, prosecutors accused Mr. Zaremski of terrorizing his ex-girlfriend by holding a gun to the back of her head and calling her stupid, saying “women don’t know anything” and that “a woman’s place is to do what the man says.” On another occasion, prosecutors said, he assaulted her by obstructing her breathing.

Investigators believed that Mr. Zaremski came to harbor white nationalist views, and that his beliefs were shaped by social media. They were still examining specific communities that he may have engaged with.

Mr. Zaremski posted numerous photos with the hashtag “kek,” an intentional misspelling of “LOL” used by the alt-right, on his Instagram account. He also posted photos referencing Pepe the Frog, the cartoon amphibian co-opted as a white nationalist mascot. Some of Mr. Zaremski’s Instagram posts included hashtags expressing support for President Trump.

He also used phrases explicitly associated with Nazi ideology, at one point referencing a speech given by Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi propaganda minister.

It’s why the racism and such shouldn’t be shocking all of this was like 150 years ago.

It’s why the racism and such shouldn’t be shocking all of this was like 150 years ago.

Look at the 1876 election. For most of us, our grandparents' parents or grandparents were voting age for that election.

I'm older than you and my grandparents' parents weren't born in 1876. My grandparents were born in the early 1920s. But yeah, their grandparents might have voted.

I'm older than you and my grandparents' parents weren't born in 1876. My grandparents were born in the early 1920s. But yeah, their grandparents might have voted.

My my grandparents’ grandparents were illiterate dirt farmers in western Ireland in 1876. They and their ancestors had suffered through nearly 800 year of violent and oppressive British rule at that point and they weren’t allowed to vote for anything. Their sons were conscripted and mostly killed off in the Boer wars and their daughters were sent to America and Australia as indentured servants in the 1890s. Fortunately for me, the Irish have little to no skin pigment and after a generation in America we were able to blend in pretty well. Sometimes shit heads like Richard Spencer call the Irish “near whites” but it’s hard to tell so we blend in.

Seriously, I was never told any of this. Middle school history generally jumps from the Civil war to WW1.

Seriously, I was never told any of this. Middle school history generally jumps from the Civil war to WW1.

And any black history jumps from "Lincoln freed the slaves" to MLK.

And any black history jumps from "Lincoln freed the slaves" to MLK.

How much of that thread was news to you, I'm curious?

jhmd used to be very fond of mocking African-American Studies degrees, but having received one of those (and taken a bunch of ____-American History courses in the process), I can tell you that nothing in that thread was news to me.

I knew that several black politicians were elected during Reconstruction and white vigilantes used terrorism as tool to intimidate and stop black people from voting. I didn't know about specific incidents. I'm not really a history buff like many here. I just know the basics and how to distinguish actual history from propaganda.

The jhmds of the world don't want people to learn about this. That way they can use similar tactics to restrict black voting rights and we won't catch on.

Last edited:
Didn't learn a ton about these incidents in high school. Took one history course in college, and it was World Civilizations. I've learned about a few of these in light of some of the more racist statues being taken down, including Wilmington and Tulsa.

I have to admit that i vaguely remember some of these riots but i did not have it in the perspective that was displayed on Watchmen. not sure how much was accurate for 1921, but i was in shock to how it was displayed.

i am always and will continuously be surprised by how much religion (i.e. KKK as a christian sect for example) is manipulated to cause people to murder, batter or whatever other human beings. most religions are to be peaceful but con-men get their greedy fucking hands onto easily manipulated people and talk them into doing evil on behalf of their religion. people are weak...sad!

This one's shared by so many but I'll go with Richard Dragon.

Will board conservatives condemn? Or just call us snowflakes who can’t handle free speech?

Back