• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

"highly educated" Nazis are not a new thing

Nazi Germany was the apex of bureaucracy, scientific management, etc. What's so frightening about Nazism is precisely how rational and rationalizing it was as ideology and practice.

Sort of like the cold precision of an abortion.

Obvious differences are obvious and I'm not remotely qualified to respond to this post, but I would love to see someone give it a shot.

I can think of one thing they have in common. And it's a pretty important thing if you are the object of it.

Nazi Germany was the apex of bureaucracy, scientific management, etc. What's so frightening about Nazism is precisely how rational and rationalizing it was as ideology and practice.

actually, Nazi Germany was a terrible, inefficient and corrupt bureaucracy. A true house of cards held together with fanaticism and fear.

The fact that it inherited the most capable military organization of the 20th century prior to the US Army of the 40s onward should be separated from the "civil" organization.

Who made that the rule?
Aristotle? Descartes?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/when-does-consciousness-arise/

"The Road to Awareness
But when does the magical journey of consciousness begin? Consciousness requires a sophisticated network of highly interconnected components, nerve cells. Its physical substrate, the thalamo-cortical complex that provides consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation. Roughly two months later synchrony of the electroencephalographic (EEG) rhythm across both cortical hemispheres signals the onset of global neuronal integration. Thus, many of the circuit elements necessary for consciousness are in place by the third trimester."

Forgive me for being one of those intellectual elites who believes women should have autonomy over their own bodies until the point where something inside them becomes sentient. If that's a Holocaust, i'll be your Hitler.

Forgive me for being one of those intellectual elites who believes women should have autonomy over their own bodies until the point where something inside them becomes sentient. If that's a Holocaust, i'll be your Hitler.

Do you think you're gonna be on the right side of history on that?

Ongoing Alt-Right Debacle Thread

Do you think you're gonna be on the right side of history on that?

I think more sophisticated forms of birth control will eventually make abortions unnecessary and virtually nonexistent. At that time, I think history will not look particularly kindly on the practice of abortion much like many other archaic women's health practices like isolated women on their periods. Until such a time arrives, I think we leave those decisions up to people with uteri.

Back