• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

I see. So we can kill newborns under 4 months old but not dolphins, orcas, or Eurasian magpies.

Great rule.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/04/26/babys-first-consciousness/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_test

I've posted my specific views on abortion and viability many times on this board, including my last post before this. My post regarding the philosophy of self was mostly trolling, though I do believe that sentience is a necessary standard for sovereign life.

Also, I highly doubt even Gordon Gallup would consider his mirror test as an ultimate determiner of self awareness.

I see. So we can kill newborns under 4 months old but not dolphins, orcas, or Eurasian magpies.

Great rule.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/04/26/babys-first-consciousness/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_test

In all seriousness, though, I wonder how this conversation and ethical dilemma relates to your conversation about justification on the F is for Fascism thread. Applying your logic across context, it seems like there are plenty of handy and legitimate post-hoc justifications for abortion policy and unborn lives, just as there are for death-by-cop policy and living lives.

In all seriousness, though, I wonder how this conversation and ethical dilemma relates to your conversation about justification on the F is for Fascism thread. Applying your logic across context, it seems like there are plenty of handy and legitimate post-hoc justifications for abortion policy and unborn lives, just as there are for death-by-cop policy and living lives.

bro don't bring other threads into this!

He has no logical consistency. Just applies it when he wants to so it fits his own narrow worldview.

He has no logical consistency. Just applies it when he wants to so it fits his own narrow worldview.

Junebug is actually pretty consistent and willing to engage, which is why I'm asking. I don't share a lot of his ethical orientations (or any of them? I'm honestly not sure), but I'm not sure it's true to say that he's logically inconsistent.

oh man strickland is about to get lawyer'd so hard

BRING ON THE LAWYERING.

In America, you actually can't kill dolphins or orcas. Don't know about magpies.

You can thank Nixon for that.

I'm not convinced they really have any beliefs. The alt-right people I know don't give a crap about whether or not Trump actually does what he said he was going to do, or who he appoints to his cabinet. They just trust that everything he does is the correct thing to do in order to MAGA.

NPR was talking yesterday about how Trump's tariff proposals for China would crush either corn, soybean, cotton or cattle farmers, since tariffs on one of those products would likely be what China would retaliate with in order to hit Trump's base. It's like his base just thinks America can boss the world around with no ramifications.

Last edited:
Ongoing Alt-Right Debacle Thread

They do believe we can boss everyone around, it's a reason why a bombed out and depleted world post WW2 is pointed to as the last time America was great. Pretty easy to dictate when everywhere else in the world is destroyed. However a couple of decades have passed and globalization is a real thing.

dude what was the point of misquoting me, responding to the misquote, then disappearing?

I was on lunch break when I responded and then I just got off work. But Germany was disarmed after WW1 so stating that the Nazis inherited the top military is just incorrect.

I'm a history major and nerd so that's why it even caught my attention

People who are delusional enough to think the economy got worse over the last 8 years are delusional enough to think the economy is better under Trump even if it isn't.

Is someone saying the economy is better under Trump before he takes office?

Is someone saying the economy is better under Trump before he takes office?

There are polls that suggest that but we were talking about how people will react to Trump as President.

Back