• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

[h=1]Boots recalled after customer discovers tiny swastikas on soles[/h]http://pix11.com/2017/01/12/mens-boots-appear-to-have-swastika-design-on-soles/

Two of Breitbart's headlines today:

"WATCH: Milo and Martin Shkreli March on UC Davis's Campus"

"Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Hopeful Trump will be a Good President"

Jesus, when Martin Shkreli is a face of your movement you are really scraping the barrel bottom for celebrity.

I feel like a few statements in that article should read with a *wink, wink* afterward.

Didn't hear about that till yesterday afternoon. There aren't many alt-right types around the People's Republic of Cville, so yeah, I'm guessing they were mostly out of towners.

If you had told me 2 years ago that Russia was going to attempt to intercede in our election in favor of the Pubs and that Russia would become the darling of the alt-right, I'd have responded that Wake had a better chance of winning a natty in hoops or football. This world has gotten awfully strange awfully quickly.

If you say so, Oakland PD:

The incident marks the third stabbing in six years for Wade.

In March of 2011, Wade stabbed 23-year-old Justin Garza in the Brentwood BART park-and-ride after an argument on the train carried into the parking lot. Garza survived the incident.

Then in August of 2013, Wade fatally stabbed 49-year-old Kann Cendejas, a homeless veteran, at a Chevron gas station in the 3200 block of Delta Fair Boulevard in Antioch.

Antioch police did not return calls for comment on this case, but Wade’s friend, Gabriel Desta, said he was released after a few days.

“He’s had many altercations over the years and it’s gotten more severe,” Desta said. “He was never like this before. He’s been very vocal ever since I met him, but lately he was getting paranoid. Unusually paranoid.”

According to Desta, Wade had been taking a lot of medication for seizures and started telling Desta that people were talking about him, even when the people in question were too far away to be heard.

“The other day at Mel’s Diner, he told a waitress that he would stab a group of black guys there, saying they were talking bad about him, but they weren’t talking about him,” Desta said.

Wade’s Facebook page outlines increasingly hostile statements and threats towards Muslims and African-Americans. On May 19, Wade posted a threatening racist statement concerning former president Barack Obama along with the gun emoji and the emoji of a man wearing a turban.

Desta said that Wade could be prejudiced at times, but described him as “more of a follower,” who became a “major Trump supporter.”

The victim in Saturday’s fatal stabbing was black.

On Monday, Oakley police chief Chris Thorsen said they do not believe the incident was racially motivated, but continue to investigate.

Oh goody. Not only are the same white nationalists coming back to Cville for another rally, we're also getting the Klan. What a great Summer in Cville.

When the Nazis Come Marching In
I never feared the First Amendment until white supremacists came to my hometown.

I was thinking about going and joining whatever the counter demonstrations are, but have thought better about it and am staying far away. These things are becoming violent. The local white nationalist organizer, Jeffrey Kessler, has A&B and other charges pending from his run-ins with counter protesters. And a couple of serious "antifas" (this group mostly seems to come from the old Occupy Cville group) now have A&B charges against them for when they went after Kessler and his buddies on the downtown mall. In the latest row, some members of this Occupy group found Kessler and his buddies at a local restaurant and started yelling at him at the restaurant premises, and things escalated from there. These are the same folks who go to city council meetings and regularly berate council. Political discourse around these parts has gotten extremely hostile in the last few years. Portland sounds even worse.

The feature article in the Atlantic on Spencer is a fascinating read. Written by someone who went to school with him growing up

Back