• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

Why are racist nazis attracted to him? Probably because Trump's desire to deport millions of illegal immigrants and protect our border intersects with their beliefs. That doesn't make Trump a nazi though.

Very true

So if a Muslim registry is created or is attempted will you defend? Just the sheer notion of it should rally everyone against that type of thought.

It is a disservice to the Republican Party to refer to these guys as alt-right. We should call them what they are: neo-Nazis.

There were about 200 of them at this gathering. The leader said he doesn't know Trump and that Trump does not share his views. Yet CNN and others are linking Trump to them. I don't know if it's bias or just an attempt to get clicks from the hordes of dumbfounded donkeys screaming #notmypresident, but either way it's becoming borderline propoganda.

Finally, the parallels to Reverend Wright are apt. No, Wright wasn't as bad as neo-Nazis, but even more so than Trump with these guys, there was reason to believe that, by virtue of O's long-term association with the man, he (O) held his (Wright's) extreme views. To his credit, O eventually publicly and forcefully denounced Wright. To date, Trump's disavowal hasn't been as forceful. I would like to see him be a little more definitive, but I think that's a problem of messaging, not philosophy. At the end of the day, I think Trump needs to come to accept that, no matter how unfair the linkage between him and neo-Nazis, the press is making it, so he should put a firm stop to it. It wouldn't stop the crazies on the left from continuing to think that Trump has swastikas sewn into his underwear, but it would go a long way toward marginalizing them.

Or, Trump may have another plan to use the media's propaganda to his benefit. Lord knows he has defied conventional wisdom so far.

Nazis are the most extreme of the right. People mistakenly think that the extreme left and extreme right are points at the end of a line. They aren't. It's more like a circle where the extremes meet. You can have totalitarianism on either side.

So if a Muslim registry is created or is attempted will you defend? Just the sheer notion of it should rally everyone against that type of thought.

Bannon and Flynn don't need Senate confirmation, so neither will ever be grilled. Plenty of debate over terrorism and immigration. The proxy war on what constitutes an inclusive America will shift to confirmation hearings for Sessions, Kobach, and Pompeo. Sessions is a clown, but Pompeo and Kobach are extremely sharp. Kobach would have been a nightmare as AG, but hardly a picnic at DHS.

Romney or Corker over Rudy for SOS and Mike Rogers over Rudy for Director of National Intelligence would be fine. The confirmation hearings for Kobach, Rudy, Sessions, and Pompeo would be absolute shit shows.

920x1240.jpg

The alt-right believes they are owed a lot by the Trump Administration.

And part of why Trump won. Regardless of your belief of his role in cultivating it, this is part of his coalition.

The Orlando shooter was a Hillary supporter. The Muslim who killed those people at the mall in Washington or wherever was a Hillary supporter. Would it be fair for me to say America-hating Muslims were part of Hillary's coalition? These idiots represent less than 1% of Trump's support. How many nazis have you met? I know these people are out there, and Trump needs to condemn them, but let's not pretend they represent a significant number of Americans. Tila Tequila couldn't even spell "sieg heil" right and despite the fake bleached hair, she ain't no Aryan. She clearly has some mental issues. I wish the two dipshits with her would be identified and publicly shamed.

Also, the guy on the left, he looks like the kind of guy skinheads would beat the shit out of. Look at those fucking idiots playing nazi. smh

I don't think Trump is a Nazi, I don't think he has Nazi sympathies or anti-Semitic tendencies or anything of the nature. People have been drawing comparisons between his campaign and 1930s fascist Europe for clear reasons though; he's scapegoating religious and ethnic groups for economic problems, he's using powerful and careless rhetoric (jailing political opposition, suppressing free speech and press), and he fits the profile of a charismatic sociopath. None of us yet know if he'll govern like he campaigned, but winking at white nationalists by sharing their memes on Twitter and appointing Bannon (not a white nationalist, but someone making money by selling news to white nationalists) to his inner circle is still disconcerting, and to pretend otherwise is just blindly partisan. It's why I don't understand all the "let's give him time to succeed/fail" rhetoric. He shouldn't just be passe about this--he needs to be pushing back HARD against it.
What he said....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

There's a reason these folks feel validated, deuce.

Validated? They're happy Trump won because he wants to deport illegals and protect our borders- something that millions of non-nazi Americans agree with. You and Muslim terrorists who supported Hillary want to keep the immigration system as it is and continue to flood the country with the immigrants- would it be fair of me to say you're a Muslim terrorist sympathizer? Of course not. These are some fringe fucks who have latched onto Trump. He needs to repudiate them in strong terms. But it's bullshit to act like they represent a significant wing of Trump voters.

Shawn Merriman must have really done a number on Tila Tequila. Her latest adult films aren't half bad

sort of a "silent minority" if you will

They're a minority, but they're out in the open and making some noise and getting tons of frontpage press. Trump clearly needs to tell them to get fucked and he wants nothing to do with them.

Trump's leading strategist ran the biggest alt-right website. He owes them.

Back