• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

How often has it been said that black people, Asians, and Latin Americans are all actually conservatives as a culture, but those ethnicities dont vote for Republicans because of "x"? Have any of the board Republicans ever considered how important and pervasive that "x" is? I addressed a few of those topics earlier. Republicans have become such an unwelcoming white monoculture that conservatives of other races feel rejected. It appears to be a winning formula, so I doubt Republicans will be doing any actual work to reach out to the people they've rejected.

How often has it been said that black people, Asians, and Latin Americans are all actually conservatives as a culture, but those ethnicities dont vote for Republicans because of "x"? Have any of the board Republicans ever considered how important and pervasive that "x" is? I addressed a few of those topics earlier. Republicans have become such an unwelcoming white monoculture that conservatives of other races feel rejected. It appears to be a winning formula, so I doubt Republicans will be doing any actual work to reach out to the people they've rejected.

sailor should post more often seeing as he's a walking, talking, breathing embodiment of the alt-right debacle

Cx5cswYXcAAxpA-.jpg

Don't think sailor even supported Trump so not sure how he's "alt right"- that's just the new epithet for anyone who opposed Hillary.

The right has built a tremendously convenient straw man by attacking "liberal" values, when they really just mean "white college educated urban elitist millennial" values. The loudest conservatives I see rarely have the gumption to debate multicultural ethics with people of other races or creeds. Its easy for a country white guy to come on this board and denounce BLM or trans rights with a bunch of fellow white/straight/middle class Wake grads. Go debate trans rights with a trans person. Go talk about Trumps alleged racism with a black person. 99.9% of the people on this board aren't going to be seriously affected by Trump's presidency. Go talk to the people who actually fear that their lives are going to change for the worse, or people who already feel they have changed.

What is the real reason people are reluctant to debate someone of color on issues of race? It is not because they are unable or unwilling to support their opinion.

No one likes to be called racist or homophobic or whatever "ism" people can come up with. The left does not want to debate any of these issues. They silence debate with charges of racism.

Most people are not willing to risk their reputation by speaking out against the PC police. Much easier to remain quiet.

If you want real debate, call out those that are trying to silence that debate.

Most people do not want true debate. They want their point of view to "win". How that happens is not that important.

he's a breitbart quoting, self-admitted xenophobe

if the shoe fits

He has lived in Europe for years- I don't see how he can be xenophobic. Have you thought he might have good reasons for opposing mass Islamic migration?

What is the real reason people are reluctant to debate someone of color on issues of race? It is not because they are unable or unwilling to support their opinion.

No one likes to be called racist or homophobic or whatever "ism" people can come up with. The left does not want to debate any of these issues. They silence debate with charges of racism.

Most people are not willing to risk their reputation by speaking out against the PC police. Much easier to remain quiet.

If you want real debate, call out those that are trying to silence that debate.

Most people do not want true debate. They want their point of view to "win". How that happens is not that important.
If you're afraid to talk about politics with a POC out of fear of being called a racist, then you are most likely a racist. Same goes for every other and -ism.

lol you don't think there are xenophobes in europe?

He's an American happily living in a foreign culture- one that is in many ways different from the United States. And he loves and has adopted many aspects of that foreign culture. I think that precludes him from being a xenophobe.

If you're afraid to talk about politics with a POC out of fear of being called a racist, then you are most likely a racist. Same goes for every other and -ism.

Did you see that white liberal who dropped the n word on CNN while lecturing a black Trump supporter? Check out the black guy's reaction.

Perfect. If you are afraid to let me call you a racist for not taking my point of view, then you are likely a racist.

I love it.

You and Townie are just walking embodiments of the point I was making.

I think that labeling everyone racist does a disservice to the term, I think more accurately people just don't give a shit about other people. Right now all the rage is about white rust belt workers, the people talking about them here on the boards and politicians they don't give a shit about that group either. You use fringe groups to stay in power and pretend that you care, when for the most part very few people genuinely care.

I don't casually throw these terms around. If it would help, I don't think you're any real -ism. I also don't find you very interested in engaging in honest dialogue.

Whew!. I was pretty worried that I may have crossed a line. I am not sure how I can convince you of my sincerity. I am always sincere (unless I am trolling).

As they say, "if you can fake sincerity, you can fake anything".

Back