• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

I think that labeling everyone racist does a disservice to the term, I think more accurately people just don't give a shit about other people. Right now all the rage is about white rust belt workers, the people talking about them here on the boards and politicians they don't give a shit about that group either. You use fringe groups to stay in power and pretend that you care, when for the most part very few people genuinely care.

That be some truth.

I also think people are more upset about getting called racist than they are about actual real life racism.

That's because most people believe that systemic racism doesn't exist, but racists (think Bull Conner) do exist. They know the aren't that, thus the hurt feelings.

I also think people are more upset about getting called racist than they are about actual real life racism.

The problem is that when everything is raciosm, then nothing is raciosm. The Left has ground that knife down to spoon.

What is the real reason people are reluctant to debate someone of color on issues of race? It is not because they are unable or unwilling to support their opinion.

No one likes to be called racist or homophobic or whatever "ism" people can come up with. The left does not want to debate any of these issues. They silence debate with charges of racism.

Most people are not willing to risk their reputation by speaking out against the PC police. Much easier to remain quiet.

If you want real debate, call out those that are trying to silence that debate.

Most people do not want true debate. They want their point of view to "win". How that happens is not that important.

Please tell me you all recognize that this is true for everyone entrenched in their left or right camp?

I think that labeling everyone racist does a disservice to the term, I think more accurately people just don't give a shit about other people. Right now all the rage is about white rust belt workers, the people talking about them here on the boards and politicians they don't give a shit about that group either. You use fringe groups to stay in power and pretend that you care, when for the most part very few people genuinely care.

Yep.

I think this is what is so concerning about people on the left and the right who want to tell others what to do.

Ongoing Alt-Right Debacle Thread

What is the real reason people are reluctant to debate someone of color on issues of race? It is not because they are unable or unwilling to support their opinion.

No one likes to be called racist or homophobic or whatever "ism" people can come up with. The left does not want to debate any of these issues. They silence debate with charges of racism.

Most people are not willing to risk their reputation by speaking out against the PC police. Much easier to remain quiet.

If you want real debate, call out those that are trying to silence that debate.

Most people do not want true debate. They want their point of view to "win". How that happens is not that important.

Non-whites don't like to be called names either. Seems like with your worries about PC, you would have a tough time engaging in legitimate debate with minorities without getting ugly.

Last edited:
All I vouched for was that board conservatives try engaging with the subsets of people who are actually affected by a social conservative platform. Based on the responses so far, it seems like they would rather continue tilting at the windmill of liberal whites, out of fear of POC calling them racist. Pretty sad that we want to negatively affect people's lives and not talk to those people about it.

All I vouched for was that board conservatives try engaging with the subsets of people who are actually affected by a social conservative platform. Based on the responses so far, it seems like they would rather continue tilting at the windmill of liberal whites, out of fear of POC calling them racist. Pretty sad that we want to negatively affect people's lives and not talk to those people about it.

Doubt conservatives here are afraid of being called racists. That card has been played so liberally (get it, liberally?) that no one really cares any more. By the way, that is another issue the election was about.

Doubt conservatives here are afraid of being called racists. That card has been played so liberally (get it, liberally?) that no one really cares any more. By the way, that is another issue the election was about.

oh, we know you embrace the term

Nope, nope, nope. It was all about people being fooled by fake news (say without self-awareness, the people who run months of polls saying Clinton was going to win the Electoral College). Nope, nothing else to possibly learn from this loss popular vote win. [/introspection]

I thought your last point about how we all talk on here about these things, but hardly any of us will be impacted by a President Trump or a President Clinton was very well stated.

Please tell me you all recognize that this is true for everyone entrenched in their left or right camp?

I will agree that both sides want to win more than they care about the debate, however, PC and calling people racist or some other "ist" is about silencing them.

You don't have to win a debate if you silence the other side.

It is a very effective tactic but is becoming so overplayed that it is loosing some of it's effectiveness.

Non-whites don't like to be called names either. Seems like with your worries about PC, you would have a tough time engaging in legitimate debate with minorities without getting ugly.

I never get ugly. I am not the emotional type and I like a good back and forth. That said, I am not going to talk race with a POC unless I already know them well enough that they will not doubt my sincerity.

It is a shame that this issue cannot be debated honestly, but it never will be unless the charges of racism whenever there is disagreement stop. It's just not worth it.

I never get ugly. I am not the emotional type and I like a good back and forth. That said, I am not going to talk race with a POC unless I already know them well enough that they will not doubt my sincerity.

It is a shame that this issue cannot be debated honestly, but it never will be unless the charges of racism whenever there is disagreement stop. It's just not worth it.

What about "charges" of systemic racism and white privilege?

The highlighted part is totally disingenuous as are many of your many of your posts. Maybe if you weren't consistently snarky, you could discuss issues more easily.

If you're afraid to talk about politics with a POC out of fear of being called a racist, then you are most likely a racist. Same goes for every other and -ism.

tone deaf. the silent majority says hi

Back