• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

Videos appear to show armed militia detaining migrants at US-Mexico border

Armed rightwing militia members detained a large group of migrants at the US-Mexico border and coordinated with US border patrol agents to have them arrested, according to the American Civil Liberties Union, in a series of actions the civil liberties organization called a “kidnapping” and a flagrant violation of the law.

Several videos taken at the border in New Mexico this week appeared to show men belonging to a group that calls itself the United Constitutional Patriots approaching migrant families and children, ordering them to sit down, calling federal agents on them, and at one point potentially misrepresenting themselves by saying “border patrol” as they approached.

The United Constitutional Patriots posted several live-stream Facebook videos this week that appeared to detail their activities at the border.

A video posted Monday night by Jim Benvie, a member of the armed group, appeared to show the militia ordering around a large group of migrants, including many children, and telling them to sit on the ground. As he filmed the migrants kneeling in the dirt, Benvie narrated on his video: “There’s no border patrol here. This is us.”

They're out there terrorizing people and posting video of it on social media.

I wonder how long before Trump attacks this onion article or tries to order a No Home T-shirt.

Caleb Cain was a college dropout looking
for direction. He turned to YouTube.

Soon, he was pulled into a far-right universe,
watching thousands of videos filled with
conspiracy theories, misogyny and racism.

“I was brainwashed.”

The Making of a YouTube Radical
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/08/technology/youtube-radical.html

Martinsburg, W.Va. — Caleb Cain pulled a Glock pistol from his waistband, took out the magazine and casually tossed both onto the kitchen counter.

“I bought it the day after I got death threats,” he said.

The threats, Mr. Cain explained, came from right-wing trolls in response to a video he had posted on YouTube a few days earlier. In the video, he told the story of how, as a liberal college dropout struggling to find his place in the world, he had gotten sucked into a vortex of far-right politics on YouTube.

“I fell down the alt-right rabbit hole,” he said in the video.

Mr. Cain, 26, recently swore off the alt-right nearly five years after discovering it, and has become a vocal critic of the movement. He is scarred by his experience of being radicalized by what he calls a “decentralized cult” of far-right YouTube personalities, who convinced him that Western civilization was under threat from Muslim immigrants and cultural Marxists, that innate I.Q. differences explained racial disparities, and that feminism was a dangerous ideology.

“I just kept falling deeper and deeper into this, and it appealed to me because it made me feel a sense of belonging,” he said. “I was brainwashed.”

Over years of reporting on internet culture, I’ve heard countless versions of Mr. Cain’s story: an aimless young man — usually white, frequently interested in video games — visits YouTube looking for direction or distraction and is seduced by a community of far-right creators. Some young men discover far-right videos by accident, while others seek them out. Some travel all the way to neo-Nazism, while others stop at milder forms of bigotry.

The common thread in many of these stories is YouTube and its recommendation algorithm, the software that determines which videos appear on users’ home pages and inside the “Up Next” sidebar next to a video that is playing. The algorithm is responsible for more than 70 percent of all time spent on the site.

The radicalization of young men is driven by a complex stew of emotional, economic and political elements, many having nothing to do with social media. But critics and independent researchers say YouTube has inadvertently created a dangerous on-ramp to extremism by combining two things: a business model that rewards provocative videos with exposure and advertising dollars, and an algorithm that guides users down personalized paths meant to keep them glued to their screens.

Wow apparently racism hasn’t happened since June 9 (except trump “sending them back”) so might as well rejuvenate this thread with some good old fashioned Raleigh North Hills open racism:

Old white woman says to one black woman, who is there with a group of friends at Bonefish, “why are you so stupid, n****r?” This is filmed of course, WRAL picks it up, interviews old white woman, who refused to apologize for using the N bomb.

https://www.wral.com/i-would-say-it...orth-hills-restaurant-confrontation/18530118/

Could also probably belong on the evangelical hypocrisy thread because 99% chance she claims to be a “Christian”.

Bonefish lol

[h=2][/h][h=1]Mississippi students who posed with guns in front of Emmet Till memorial suspended from frat[/h]https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mississippi-students-who-posed-guns-front-emmet-till-memorial-suspended-n1034726

Take one guess which frat these assholes were from.

190725-emmett-till-memorial-sign-ew-521p_7ec38d299316b167e4a484106857c8e3.fit-760w.jpg

Emmett Till would have been 78 years old today.

The frat boys posing with AR-15s in front of the emmitt till sign just about makes me lose what faith i still have left in humanity . I mean , what in the actual fuck. Those guys suck at life.

wonder what political party those guys belong to. wonder what political party their families belong to.

The frat boys posing with AR-15s in front of the emmitt till sign just about makes me lose what faith i still have left in humanity . I mean , what in the actual fuck. Those guys suck at life.

how long until they're on Fox News saying how the liberal media has ruined their lives? all they were doing was being out exercising their 2nd Amendment rights when they happened to take a photo in front of some random sign.

how long until they're on Fox News saying how the liberal media has ruined their lives? all they were doing was being out exercising their 2nd Amendment rights when they happened to take a photo in front of some random sign.

Not long. Remember these people have no problem cheering people who kill black teenagers. They didn’t then and they don’t now. Posing in front of a sign definitely won’t bother them.

[h=2][/h][h=1]Mississippi students who posed with guns in front of Emmet Till memorial suspended from frat[/h]https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mississippi-students-who-posed-guns-front-emmet-till-memorial-suspended-n1034726

Take one guess which frat these assholes were from.

190725-emmett-till-memorial-sign-ew-521p_7ec38d299316b167e4a484106857c8e3.fit-760w.jpg

Phi Beta Kappa?

wonder what political party those guys belong to. wonder what political party their families belong to.

wonder what political party this guy belongs to. wonder what political party his family belongs to.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-02-at-8.59.10-PM-e1549159238852.png

Back